Assassin's Creed Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey
No Caption Provided

Welcome to the Assassin's Creed - go ahead and discuss everything related to the AC series. Enjoy!

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Don't you recognize me?!?

Itsa me, Mario!

Jmarshmallow

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't you recognize me?!?

Itsa me, Mario!

Jmarshmallow

Aww... yeah - that was hilarious. Classic AC style. My favourite AC game is AC2... what's yours?

- TAS

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I agree actually.

IMO, it goes AC2 > AC4 > ACB > AC3 > AC1 > ACR.

Jmarshmallow

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I agree actually.

IMO, it goes AC2 > AC4 > ACB > AC3 > AC1 > ACR.

Jmarshmallow

Nice listing - here's mine:

1. Assassin's Creed II
  2. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  3. Assassin's Creed: Revelation
  4. Assassin's Creed IV
  5. Assassin's Creed III
  6. Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
  7. Assassin's Creed: Liberation
  8. Assassin's Creed

I cannot play Assassin's Creed (2007) anymore - I find it repetitive and clunky.

- TAS

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Oh, it is, but I just put it above ACR for the nostalgia factor.

IMO, Revelations didn't bring ANYTHING new to the table besides the hookblade.

Even the story was basically the developers way of milking out every last drop they could from Ezio and Altair.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, I certainly did, I enjoy every AC game.

However, in it's day, AC1 was a gem. An absolute landmark in an otherwise repetitive sea of overused cliches in gaming.

The revolutionary story makes that game better than ACR, in my humble opinion.

And I forgot about the handheld games, but they would be below everything because a handheld game can hardly ever match a console.

Jmarshmallow

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@jmarshmallow:

I've been there with the AC series since the start - and I have attended the release dates AND midnight launch for pretty much every single game in the series (accept the first, I got into the first about a year after it's release)... yeah... I'm a huge AC fan so it kinda gets me nostalgic, although I get more nostalgic with AC2. Dunno - it's just all sentimental.

ACR was a rehash of ACII and ACB - heck, it was a downgrade in quality from those past two games. ACR didn't advance the series either - it wasn't necessary. A quick "oh, yeah - Desmond got out of the coma after viewing Ezio's memories" is good enough and that's it. It was filler anyway. Yeah - I enjoy every single AC game too.

I'm looking forward to AC: Unity - looks awesome, graphically, and I'm looking forward to the rich city of Paris come to life (I've been to Paris before, so my gosh, this is a dream come true), although I'm sceptical on the narrative because ACIII and AC4's narratives were average.

Rogue... my gosh... Rogue just doesn't do anything to me - I watch the trailers and I feel empty. They begun with Black Flag as a base - so I'm guessing Rogue will be the next Revelations.

- TAS

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@theamazingspidey: I likely will just be buying Unity to be honest, and jump on Rogue if it gets like AMAZING scores.

But you're right, Unity loooks fantastic. The Paris setting is a dream come true, and I really dig the idea of a the whole separate 4 player campaign that they've got planned.

I'm glad that they decided to separate it, instead of trying to mix the actual campaign with co-op elements. Because as AC fans, we've always wanted co-op, but we don't actually know if we'll like it since it's only been a dream up to this point.

Now that it's here, we'll get to test how it works out. And if it's good, maybe it will be a more prominent element in future AC games.

Speaking of future AC games, do you have any ideas of what they plan on doing with the modern-day story? Or any hopes of what they might be doing?

Jmarshmallow

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Unity... yeah, sure I'm definitely in. Rogue - well, I'm a huge AC fan - so they can release a crappy game and I'll buy it anyways. Well... that's just me. And I believe there's elements of co-op that tie into singer player - although I believe it's optional, so I'm glad it isn't dominant or anything of the sort.

I didn't like AC4's modern day setting... I absolutely hated it. Although I ranked AC4 pretty low on my list (ignoring handhelds), I actually love AC4 for what it is, although I didn't like the modern setting at all. Part of the appeal to previous AC games was the modern day setting - I actually loved Desmond, and the cookie cutter ending for AC3 just pissed me off - so I'm hoping that, in future games... we'll return to a modern day setting that's actually an... um... a setting?

Apparently - the next modern day thing is something "unexpected" so I'm hoping it isn't anything like Black Flag - I'd be fine with a brand new protagonist - one that moves, talks and does stuff - not the entity that we played as in Black Flag. I reckon it'd be cool to play as a Templar that's actually... a Templar. Because in AC4 - it was really an Abstergo employee and nothing else.

What about you?

- TAS

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Unity... yeah, sure I'm definitely in. Rogue - well, I'm a huge AC fan - so they can release a crappy game and I'll buy it anyways. Well... that's just me. And I believe there's elements of co-op that tie into singer player - although I believe it's optional, so I'm glad it isn't dominant or anything of the sort.

Eh, I'll watch a playthrough if the story is interesting at all; which, I'm really doubting that's the case, but I guess we'll find out.

I didn't like AC4's modern day setting... I absolutely hated it. Although I ranked AC4 pretty low on my list (ignoring handhelds), I actually love AC4 for what it is, although I didn't like the modern setting at all. Part of the appeal to previous AC games was the modern day setting - I actually loved Desmond, and the cookie cutter ending for AC3 just pissed me off - so I'm hoping that, in future games... we'll return to a modern day setting that's actually an... um... a setting?

Lol, I can certainly respect that. Although I can't say I hated it, it's definitely fair to say I miss Desmond. They tried to be original, and I appreciate that to an extent, but I didn't buy an AC game so that I'd have to work in a stupid office.

Really, I don't care who the new guy is, but I want an actual guy. With a backstory, actual importance to the story, and they need to do something about the whole, oh I don't know, FUTURISTIC BEING THAT WAS RELEASED UPON THE MORTAL WORLD?!?!? You know, the one that comes from a race that enslaves humans?!?! Or was that just forgotten?!?!?

Apparently - the next modern day thing is something "unexpected" so I'm hoping it isn't anything like Black Flag - I'd be fine with a brand new protagonist - one that moves, talks and does stuff - not the entity that we played as in Black Flag. I reckon it'd be cool to play as a Templar that's actually... a Templar. Because in AC4 - it was really an Abstergo employee and nothing else.

I think in AC4, they were trying to have the protagonist be "us," in a way. Like, the player of the game was the actual employee.

A cool concept, but if I can't parkour and kill people, then it's not complete for me. So I'm glad to hear they plan on being "unexpected."

But the last one was "unexpected" as well, and that didn't turn out all that well...

What about you?

My inner fanboy wants to say Desmond should somehow come back..

However, I don't know if I'd actually be okay with that if they tried to pull that off. So, really, just give me a new protagonist, make him an actual intriguing character, and let me kill some people. Then I'll be happy.

Really, I'm just waiting for that day when they announce a COMPLETE game where there's no Animus, no ancestors, just a full on modern day AC game.

Then, I will die a happy man.

Jmarshmallow

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

There really isn't substance in us... being us... drawing me out of a 18th century bada$$ pirate into an employee wondering around an office isn't appealing at all - I'd like a dynamic, well rounded character that's... critical. In all honesty - the modern day character in AC4 was NOT a character at all.

Really, I don't care who the new guy is, but I want an actual guy. With a backstory, actual importance to the story, and they need to do something about the whole, oh I don't know, FUTURISTIC BEING THAT WAS RELEASED UPON THE MORTAL WORLD?!?!? You know, the one that comes from a race that enslaves humans?!?! Or was that just forgotten?!?!?

You're talking about "Those Who Came Before" AKA The Precursors, right? I believe they were touched upon in ACIV - although something doesn't make sense... in ACIII, Juno took a hold of Desmond's body so she could control the world or something like that. If so - then why wasn't the world under control of Juno in ACIV? I don't believe they explained that.

And if you're looking for a modern AC game - that's pretty much Watch Dogs. Also - you know Oliver from ACIV? He's in Watch Dogs.

- TAS

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Yeah. A good try, but overall disappointing.

And yes! I'm talking about the First Civilization, Juno specifically!

Desmond sacrificed himself to free her so that she could prevent the earth from Apocalypse, but Minerva was like "If you do that, she's just going to take over the world and enslave everyone."

In the end of ACIV, she pops up for a brief second and makes a VERY weak excuse for why she hasn't taken over everything.

And yeah, I was gonna pick up Watch Dogs. It's on my list of games to play!

Jmarshmallow

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlike most, to me Rogue is the one that has looked the most promising of all the series. At least in concept, if not presentation, execution and aesthetic.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Oh, yeah - I remember that - apparently her "form was too weak" for her to be able to take over the world... which is weak and poor storytelling. The Assassin's Creed games are dropping in quality - I like all AC games - but ACIII and ACIV were both disappointments - so I'm wondering if Unity will take the crown as the best AC game.

- TAS

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh look an Ass Creed thread.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franchise needs to die. A3 is still my favorite in the series though.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darthaznable said:

Franchise needs to die. A3 is still my favorite in the series though.

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: They're milking the franchise, that's true. But each game has new features and new eras and new characters, it's one of the best annual franchises IMO, it would be a shame to call it COD since each game is different in some way.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Honestly AIV and A3 weren't too different. One just focused more on sailing (only way to get around), better graphics, heavier use of guns. 3 has the best combat out of all the games though. Rogue looks like it's AIV 2.0 from the gameplay I've seen. The new game coming to next gen looks cool though, especially since they got rid of counter= auto kill

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: ACIV has the best open world in the series yet and introduced tons of cool new features (swimming underwater, harpooning, drinking in bars and getting drunk :P etc). But I totally agree that AC3 has the best combat in the series, the combat was godly ( but easy).

I'm not too happy about them taking the counter feature off in Unity, it takes away from the whole "You're a bada$$ assassin!" feel IMO, they could have just made the AI harder to kill than entirely changing the combat.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Deep sea diving was nope. I have a terrible fear of underwater. I don't like swimming in any game. The tiny stuff like drinking and such wasn't substantial enough for me to warrant it as totally different.

True but it made combat painfully easy. now players will have to think more about each encounter. If you've noticed, AC has become increasingly more stealth based. There were very few ways to hide until 3 came around and introduced foliage, peeking around corners, etc. Now in Unity you can even crouch! I welcome the greater stealth approach.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: @darthaznable:

I like every single Assassin's Creed game... but seriously... they need to take a step back, re-evaluate their series and produce a great game - because in all honesty, Assassin's Creed is losing it's touch. That isn't to say they aren't good games - but they used to be wonderful ones. MGSV: The Phantom Pain, for example... is most likely going to break new ground - every single trailer is incredible. Why? Partially because Kojima is taking his damn time.

Why are Ubisoft in such a rush to pump this stuff out? ACIII was honestly a bore-fest, critically, it's well written and I like it... but I find it boring - lacking the charm found in another AC games. ACIV was an improvement over ACIII - I loved it, I can replay it multiple times and enjoy it nonetheless. I completely loved the hunting system in Assassin's Creed III - but haven't gotten to the harpooning in ACIV because I'm too lazy O_O I think I'll try it tomorrow.

Anyone got the Assassin's Creed: Encyclopaedia?

- TAS

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Been done.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/the-official-assassin-s-creed-discussion-thread-1536252/

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Been done.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/the-official-assassin-s-creed-discussion-thread-1536252/

Hm... I didn't know that's been made. Should've used search engine. But... that thread's been abandoned :( :P

@bumpyboo Go ahead and lock the thread if you'd like :P Although I doubt anyone will move back to the old one - Aww... well.

- TAS

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#26 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@theamazingspidey: Aww. I'm sorry, dude! :( But yeah feel free to discuss in the other thread.