Ask Raw Material

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Edited By Raw_Material

Seems like everyone has one of these nowadays and thought it would be a good idea to post an 'Ask Me' thread up on the forums too. Ask me anything and I'll try to answer it as honest as I can.

- Raw Material

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Paul Pelletier, your thoughts?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Raw_Material

@veshark said:

There's been lots of criticism towards Pelletier, before and during his time sketching for Aquaman. He's had lots of weight on his shoulders considering he's been given the task to fill the shoes of Ivan Reis until his return back to the New 52 Aquaman series. And TBH, I think Paul Pelletier has been doing quite well with the title and has presented some artwork including recent two-page spreads that no other artist could duplicate. IMO, Ivan Reis is one of the best comic book artist right now and with Joe Prado (colorist) and Geoff Johns (writer) collaborating on the title was considered one of the best team-ups in the New 52 series. Now, there is no two artists that draw the same and every artists has their unique individuality in their work so for Paul Pelletier to have all that pressure in substituting Ivan's artwork for his, yet still keep most Aqua fans and the general audience intrigued on the title is awesome. IMO, Paul Pelletier has so far exceeded the line of duty he was tasked to do and don't mind if he's the main artists until Ivan Reis comes back. Although, I'm hoping he does come back before the series ends considering he didn't really leave the title but was said taking a break due to the other titles he's mainly focusing on, he's one of the best artists right now, and will be teaming back up with the greatest writer alive, Geoff Johns to create the greatest Aquaman series ever written since Peter David's run. Paul's artwork doesn't bug me a bit, but I do wish that Ivan Reis returns to his rightful throne.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Veshark

@veshark said:

There's been lots of criticism towards Pelletier, before and during his time sketching for Aquaman. He's had lots of weight on his shoulders considering he's been given the task to fill the shoes of Ivan Reis until his return back to the New 52 Aquaman series. And TBH, I think Paul Pelletier has been doing quite well with the title and has presented some artwork including recent two-page spreads that no other artist could duplicate. IMO, Ivan Reis is one of the best comic book artist right now and with Joe Prado (colorist) and Geoff Johns (writer) collaborating on the title was considered one of the best team-ups in the New 52 series. Now, there is no two artists that draw the same and every artists has their unique individuality in their work so for Paul Pelletier to have all that pressure in substituting Ivan's artwork for his, yet still keep most Aqua fans and the general audience intrigued on the title is awesome. IMO, Paul Pelletier has so far exceeded the line of duty he was tasked to do and don't mind if he's the main artists until Ivan Reis comes back. Although, I'm hoping he does come back before the series ends considering he didn't really leave the title but was said taking a break due to the other titles he's mainly focusing on, he's one of the best artists right now, and will be teaming back up with the greatest writer alive, Geoff Johns to create the greatest Aquaman series ever written since Peter David's run. Paul's artwork doesn't bug me a bit, but I do wish that Ivan Reis returns to his rightful throne.

Yeah, my sentiments basically. Pelletier is by no means a bad artist, his underwater two-page spreads are fantastic for example, but Reis is just in another league of his own.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Yeah, my sentiments basically. Pelletier is by no means a bad artist, his underwater two-page spreads are fantastic for example, but Reis is just in another league of his own.

Ya, pretty much. Ivan Reis is the Jack Kirby of our time.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Heh, I don't think I'd go that far...I'm not sure any artist is comparable to Kirby...but Reis is definitely a heavyweight in the industry.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raw_Material

@veshark said:

@raw_material said:
@veshark said:

Heh, I don't think I'd go that far...I'm not sure any artist is comparable to Kirby...but Reis is definitely a heavyweight in the industry.

Lol alright, Jim Lee is the Jack Kirby of our time. But Ivan is definitely listed as one of the few top-tier artists in the current comic business.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Why is your name Raw Material?

Cause the "material" I deliver is the most raw, uncensored sh!t there is. Lol.

Raw Material. Uncut. Uncensored. Straight From The Source.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i am your king

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raw_Material

^__^

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask me more!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Favorite comic story?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Raw_Material

@wolverine08: I would say, Future Imperfect where we see whole new world, led by Maestro a dictator in an apocalyptic future. We also see Hulk go face to face with his future self (Maestro), which is pretty damn cool if you ask me. One of my favorite battles IMO. And it also contains one of my favorite comic book artwork of all time. Check out my review I did on it, it's a pretty decent read and I think there's hardly any spoils if you're worried about that.

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk-future-imperfect-2-future-imperfect-part-2-of/4000-94709/user-reviews/2200-35950

Another one of my favorite stories is Arthur Goes Hawaiian, it's also a two part story like Future Imperfect but in an original comic issue form (32 pages). This is definitely one of my favorite Aquaman stories, as not only does it take place where I live, right here in Hawaii but also the story showcases some impressive feats of his, some of which are depicted in one of his most greatest fights against Superboy. Also, this issue holds one of my favorite panels of Aquaman where he's lifted up by a huge wave followed by a bunch of blue whales, then goes crashing onto Superboy nearly making him lose consciousness. BTW, I live like 5 minutes away from the Naval Base the story was taken place at, Pearl Harbor, I could see the ships and stuff from my house. I did a review on the first issue, which is the one I'm talking about with the battle between Aquaman and Superboy. The part two is when Lobo is trying to find out who is slaying his Space Dolphin and Aquaman is also in the same pickle as his adopted dolphin mother is held captive for research under Japanese whalers. Here's the review I made of this issue if you wanna check it out and recommend it.

http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman-3-arthur-goes-hawaiian/4000-133802/user-reviews/2200-34914

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

Cool. You seem very passionate about these stories. Lol. I might check em out.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Are you reading Cyberforce at all it's free for the first five issue.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: Give me more info on this "free" comics? It's probably like a story arc of some sort, but I'm down to read it if it seems interesting enough.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Well it's started as a kickerstarter from Top Cow and the agreed to have the first five issue of Cyberforce for free and that is it.It's a okay series and the art for is good.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Raw_Material

@raw_material:

Cool. You seem very passionate about these stories. Lol. I might check em out.

The Hulk story is definitely a great read. Not sure if you'll like the Aquaman story, but it's a great read IMO. But if your asking cause you want to read them, you gotta pick up Future Imperfect. You could order on MidtownComics.com, I think they still have them but at a little higher price IIRC.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@raw_material: Aquaman goes Hawaiian is a great Aquaman story and as already you know, I'm from Hawaii too.

Though I would have to say, I like American Tidal, The Others, The Trench, and Throne of Atlantis much more. Death of King might be better too when it finishes.

American Tidal and The Others are probably my favorite Aquaman stories

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Aquaman goes Hawaiian is a great Aquaman story and as already you know, I'm from Hawaii too.

Though I would have to say, I like American Tidal, The Others, The Trench, and Throne of Atlantis much more. Death of King might be better too when it finishes.

American Tidal and The Others are probably my favorite Aquaman stories

WINNING! I fully agree though, the stories that Geoff Johns is delivering is top-notch. I really like what he's doing so far, and hope he has a long run with the character as he did with Hal Jordan. The Others and Throne of Atlantis are some of my favorite stories so far. American Tidal I really liked also, it was a great idea on the writer's part to create a story like this one to apart of the Aquaman mythos. Really needed one to cover these kind of situations. I'm liking the New 52 character Swatt, want to know more about him. Hopefully they'll do so in the next story arc. And I agree on that, the ending of this story will be epic, I could guarantee you that.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#26  Edited By batmannflash

@raw_material: Agreed. I hope Geoff Johns takes the time to have something in store for aquaman in the long run. He set up Hal Jordan's timeline for a long time and just finished only 3 issues ago. I want Johns to create big events for Aquaman and increase his popularity,

Oh, and I also consider Brightest Day to be a great sort-of Aquaman story.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Raw_Material

@batmannflash said:

@raw_material: Agreed. I hope Geoff Johns takes the time to have something in store for aquaman in the long run. He set up Hal Jordan's timeline for a long time and just finished only 3 issues ago. I want Johns to create big events for Aquaman and increase his popularity,

Oh, and I also consider Brightest Day to be a great sort-of Aquaman story.

I agree, I hope he does the same to Aquaman. It seems like he's loving every bit of it. Me and him follow each other on Twitter and he's been excited to write Aquaman for some time now he was saying. Not sure if he was just saying that cause I'm a surfer or because he was informed about writing Aquaman in advance, but it seemed like he'll be with the title for a while. He also said he has some stuff in store, but can't mention what. That was before the Throne of Atlantis though. And yea Brightest Day was great to and defined who Kaldur really was, characteristically and personally.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up ComicVine buddies I'm back online after some time off break, but I'm back now so hit me up with some questions!!!

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@raw_material: What's your favourite...

Colour?

Shape?

Animal?

Music genre?

Word?

Day?

Holiday?

Anime?

Cartoon?

Sport?

Food?

Drink?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Raw_Material

@dboyrules2011:

Colour - Blue

Shape - Circle

Animal - Dog

Music genre - Hip Hop/Rap

Word - Yeah You!

Day - Fridays

Holiday - Christmas

Anime - Naruto?

Cartoon - TMNT Nickalodeon series

Sport - I'm a surfer but as for mainstream sports, it's a split between football and basketball

Food - Seafood

Drink - Water

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about that time again. Haven't done a Q&A for a while. Ask questions now!

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: What are you passionate about?

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: My family, surfing, my job as a ocean safety lifeguard, comic books, Aquaman, fantasy football!!!!

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

How old are you and how good at you at surfing?

What is your opinion of Namor?

Are you a Star Trek fan?

Have you ever been afraid of the dark?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Raw_Material

@rouflex said:

@raw_material:

How old are you and how good at you at surfing?

What is your opinion of Namor?

Are you a Star Trek fan?

Have you ever been afraid of the dark?

1) 21 years young

2) Here's some pics of me surfing, you be the judge...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

3) Namor is pretty cool, don't really read much of him. I like more of the Aquaman mythology much better to be honest.

4) No, I'm more of a Star Wars fan. Love the movies. Especially "Revenge Of The Sith."

5) And yes, always used to run across my hallway to my room when the lights were off. Man, had to face my fears every night when I had to use the bathroom haha.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm bored, ask me some material!