#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I play this game with privately, but with all these 'Ask' topics going up, I figured I'd break the trend a little bit and make it more public!

Here, you basically name a character, and I will cast the most suitable actor/actress for them based, not just on looks, but also on acting ability and demeanor. As someone who aspires to work in the film industry, I'd like to think I have at least a little bit of talent in this area. xD

Please don't post in pictures, it clogs up the thread and makes it hard to read.

Have at me!

#2 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

Talia

#4 Posted by 0n1zuka (3707 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

#5 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Bob, Agent of Hydra

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20445 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool (no Ryan Reynolds)

#7 Posted by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman.

#8 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Talia

Marion Cotillard was always my pick - even before TDKR. If I had to choose someone else, Ashley Greene could do a younger Talia - provided she properly learn how Talia acts.

@0n1zuka said:

Black Panther

Idris Elba. He would be better suited to T'Challa than to Heimdall. He's also a brilliant actor.

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

Bob, Agent of Hydra

LMAO. Is that the generic dude who always gets killed? Simon Pegg? xD

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Deadpool (no Ryan Reynolds)

UGH. Hate Ryan Reynolds, don't worry. Deadpool could be played by Norman Reedus. He's got that joker aspect to him.

@The_Tree said:

Batwoman.

Evan Rachel Wood of course!

#9 Edited by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

Great choice. How about Vic Sage?

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke

#11 Edited by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane on Venom

#12 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Great choice. How about Vic Sage?

Thanks! I'm not too familiar with Vic, as I only knew the second Question - Renee.

@Blood1991 said:

Psylocke

She's one of the most difficult, actually. If we're talking Asian Betsy, I like to think Maggie Q is the most appropriate. From what I've seen of her in Nikita, she's really got that intense spirit that Betsy carries.

@menaceforever said:

Bane on Venom

Bane on Venom would require immense amounts of CGI, considering how huge he is portrayed in the comics. As for the actor? Eric Bana. He's an incredibly diverse actor, who, provided he had his image tweaked, could easily pull off the menacing and calculating Bane we know from Knightfall.

#13 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm think Nightfall size

#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Oooh Good choice!

Since i think you have a knack for this, how about, Harley Quinn?

#15 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

I'm think Nightfall size

Eric Bana could definitely do that. I mean, go and check out the images from the 2009 Star Trek movie of him with a bald head. He rocks the look, and if he bulked up (with the help of CGI), he could break Batman physically and emotionally.

@Blood1991 said:

@RainEffect: Oooh Good choice!

Since i think you have a knack for this, how about, Harley Quinn?

Why thank you!

That's EASY. Kristen Bell. She's bubbly, she's upbeat, she's potentially psychotic. xD

#16 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone could pull off Harley's voice sadly.

#17 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: Have you heard Kristen Bell's voice before? If you've got a moment, check out any of her interviews on Youtube. She's got a crazily similar voice to how I imagine Harley would speak. Maybe not on Tara Strong's Arkham Asylum/City level, but Kristen could definitely get close!

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

I play this game with privately

#19 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: LMFAO. WHY CAN'T I STOP LAUGHING AT THIS?

#20 Posted by nickthedevil (13971 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen, Hunter Zolomon, Eobard Thawne

#21 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickthedevil said:
Barry Allen, Hunter Zolomon, Eobard Thawne
I've never even heard of the other two. xD

Barry Allen - now, I don't want to get my Flashes mixed up here, so forgive me if I cast someone more like Wally West. I'd go with Patrick Wilson. He was the antagonist in the A-Team movie, and he was hilarious.
#22 Posted by nickthedevil (13971 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Ah... interesting choice.

#23 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man.

#24 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage

Misty Knight

Iron Fist

Colleen Wing

Basically who would you cast for Heroes for Hire?

#25 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickthedevil: Yeah, I don't know the character well enough to make a decent pick, sadly. Like, I could base one off appearance only, but that's only a third of what's needed to properly cast an actor.

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Animal Man.

Argh! Everyone is picking these more B/C list characters that I don't know! xD I've never read ANYTHING with Animal Man in it - sorry!

@Blood1991 said:

Luke Cage

Misty Knight

Iron Fist

Colleen Wing

Basically who would you cast for Heroes for Hire?

• Luke Cage - Terry Crews. Every time I see this guy, I think of Luke Cage. Seriously, I swear Bendis models him after Terry.
  • Misty Knight - Not too familiar with her. I've only read like literally one thing with her in it, and that was a Shadowland book.
  • Iron Fist - Ryan Gosling. When he's not being a quirky douche, Ryan Gosling could definitely pull off the part-time corporate face/full-time lethal weapon. He's got a very serious streak to him, as seen in movies such as Drive and The Ides of March.
  • Colleen Wing - Again, I don't know her well enough.
And, for extra points because I didn't answer a couple, here's someone who has been a liaison to Heroes for Hire. 

Moon Knight - Ryan Phillippe. Obviously the older Ryan - not the pretty boy from Cruel Intentions. He's done a lot of serious roles lately, with that potential psychotic demeanor that Marc/Steve/Jake has. See The Lincoln Lawyer for proof!
#26 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Okay ^-^

#27 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Terry Crews is a good one, though I'm not sure if he could pull it off. As for Ryan Gosling I don't think I've seen much with him in it. Also you must discover Misty Knight she is amazing 'though we have very different taste lol"

One more

John Stewart

#28 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fuchsia_Nightingale: You're welcome to ask me another character! <3

@Blood1991: Oooo... John Stewart is surprisingly difficult. My cast will probably be based off the Justice League cartoon from back in the 90s. xD

I'd go with Anthony Mackie. He's the guy from The Hurt Locker, he plays Sandborn. Really talented actor who has this heartbreaking scene at the end of the movie (don't worry, it isn't a spoiler) where he talks about how he doesn't want to die in war and wants a son. Definitely go with him!
#29 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Cyborg, Raven ?

#30 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: What is your favorite meme?

#31 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@RainEffect: Cyborg, Raven ?

We're talking New 52 Cyborg, right? If so, Brian J. White from Fighting could do it. But my mind keeps nagging me - wasn't there a dude in Smallville who played Cyborg?

As for Raven, I would be inclined to say Katie McGrath, but I like to reserve her for Lady Loki. Hmm... need someone enigmatic, who could pull off this reserved quirkiness. I'd go with Ellen Page. She really convinced me in Inception

@CaioTrubat said:

@RainEffect: What is your favorite meme?

This isn't an 'Ask me a question' thread, it is a thread where you name a character, and I choose an actor/actress best suited to playing them on the big screen! But, for the lulz, I'll answer. 

The 'ALL THESE FEELS' meme. It makes me laugh every time because it is so true.
#32 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Famous Jett Jackson himself Lee Thompson Young.=^-^=

I ADORE Ellen ! so yes yes yes!

#33 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fuchsia_Nightingale: Yeah, Ellen is really fantastic. Such a breath of fresh air when it comes to actresses.
#34 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: =^-^=

#35 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Would you rather have the powers of Black Adam or Thor?

#36 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@NerdsFTW said:

@RainEffect: Would you rather have the powers of Black Adam or Thor?

This actually isn't an 'Ask me anything' thread, unfortunately! This is a thread where you ask me to cast an actor/actress for a character of your choice.
#37 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Oh, my bad.

#38 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20445 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superman
  • Captain America
  • Dr. Strange
  • Tim Drake
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Wonder Woman
#39 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:
  • Superman
  • Captain America
  • Dr. Strange
  • Tim Drake
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Wonder Woman
  • Superman - I've actually never been able to cast him. I don't like Henry Cavill as Kal because I always picked Henry for Bucky Barnes.
  • Captain America - Sam Worthington. Die his hair blonde, get him to bulk up and bam - you have your Steve Rogers. He's got all the qualities of Steve, as seen in a movie like Man on a Ledge.
  • Dr. Strange - Jon Hamm. Stylish, smooth and potentially quirky, Jon could rock the mustache and cape and yell "EYE OF AGAMATTO"
  • Tim Drake - Depends on how old. For Pre-Flashpoint Red Robin, I would probably pick Aaron Johnson.
  • Martian Manhunter - Argh, J'onn, Y U SO HARD TO CAST?! Obviously there would need to be some CGI/Digital Imagery, but for his voice? People might get cut at me for casting a white guy.
  • Wonder Woman - Bridget Regan. If you've seen Legend of the Seeker, you'll totally understand why I cast her.
#40 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!