Oh yay a bandwagon to jump on! I doubt any of you have questions for me but if you do ask away.
How awesome am I?
Why did you make this?
Are you hungry?
Thor or Hulk?
Biggest regret in life so far?
If you had three wishes, what would they be?
Not at the moment
Cheating on a girl
I wish wasn't allergic to wheat, I wish for infinite money, I wish for world peace.
@Adnan: A salad with carrots, it's Tin from the Metal Men
- Why there are so many Avengers teams? And/or which is/was the best (IYO).
- Why there are so few DC & Marvel heroes if any at all that deal with or try to solve real life issues and crimes? Like drug rings and human smuggling etc.
- Why almost all Marvel heroes are in NY and give me a list of other cities anywhere in the world you would like to see certain heroes work in.
- What other heroes do you to see DC make?
- Do you like the Black Panther and explain why.
- I've wondered this myself, because people like avengers?
- Real problems are much harder to deal with than some alien menace, and you don't necessarily have to be powered to deal with drug rings and human smuggling, but I'm sure it would help.
- Toronto and Salt Lake
- I really really really want a reboot of Metamorpho
- YES, he is one of the few non stereotypical black characters.
Tacos and Jarritos
Alucard(Hellsing) or Selene(Underworld)?(whose powers would you rather have)
Alucard demonstrates, in various incarnations of the series Hellsing, an astonishing and overwhelming range of supernatural attacks; these include, but are probably not limited to;
- Immortality: This ability is rather ambiguous, as Alucard himself has stated that immortality is a myth. However, what it most likely refers to is the human souls inside Alucard; it has been speculated that, when damaged by blow that would have killed or incapacitated him such as exceedingly holy weapons, the damage is instead directed to his reservoir of souls. Because this ability doesn't really grant him true immortality, it can be considered as psuedo-immortality. Although, this ability is no longer the source of his immortality after he absorbed Schrodinger's soul which did grant him immortality. Before he absorbed Schrodinger, Alucard states he's now "hungry", and starts to absorb the dead city of London, after which his soul count was equal to three million, four hundred and twenty-four thousand, eight hundred and sixty-seven. However, the "soul count" theory is just a fan theory, and has never been definitively proven. But it was stated by Anderson that this was the reason for him not being able to kill Alucard.
- Regeneration: Alucard's ability to regenerate is considerably greater than any other vampire's. He has regenerated from a pool of blood and from being blown to shreds by gunfire, incinerated completely, etc. When damaged to an extreme extent, his body simply turns into a shadow-like substance and reconstitutes. Exceedingly holy weapons have been shown to incapacitate him for a time, but even Anderson augmented with Helena's Nail could do no permanent harm to him. While regenerating against Anderson, he became a shadow entity at one point.
- Superhuman accuracy: Alucard has been known to hit targets at great range using handguns while looking the other way. He does this by using his so-called 'third eye'.
- Superhuman strength: The extent is unknown, but Alucard can physically rip humans and vampires apart with ease. He can slice through Tubalcain's card which is sharp and strong enough to easily cut through a uranium shell propelled at it without the slightest damage to the card. He can rip right through body armor with ease and lifted a falling fighter jet with just his upper body and didn't use any of his arms.
- Superhuman speed: He can move faster than can be seen. He can quickly move up a large building while appearing as a glint of light to Tubalcain identical to how Luke was appearing to Alucard
- Superhuman reflexes: he has demonstrated the ability to catch bullets (both Rip Van Winkle's and ordinary ones). He caught Rip Van Winkle's magic bullet, which punctured a SR-71 moving down at Mach 2.8+ speed several times in rapid succession before causing it to explode and intercepted missiles, with ease.
- Intangibility: The ability to pass through solid objects.
- Superhuman agility: The ability to defy gravity to an uncertain limit. He is also seen leaping impossible distances and can go up vertical surfaces.
- Shadow manipulation: Manipulation of shadows into physical form, which he can then use however he wishes.
Shape-shifting: Alucard can transform himself or parts of himself into bats, insects, snakes, hell hounds, other human forms including a little girl, an amorphous mass of darkness, and many other forms. Alucard has four known human forms, each with different characteristics and weapons. He also states that his form means nothing and that he can take any form that he chooses.
- Weather control: The ability to control the weather to an unknown limit, as demonstrated by the fog created when he returned to London aboard the H.M.S Eagle.
- Illusions:The ability to cast illusions, such as when he tricked Walter into seeing Luke Valentine as himself.
- Teleportation: The ability to disappear and reappear somewhere else.
- Telekinesis: In the manga, Alucard uses telekinesis to close a door on a fleeing SWAT officer. He also launched six SWAT officers into the air and guided them to flag poles where they were impaled. Alucard is later seen moving a broken down air-craft carrier from the Gulf of Italy to the Dover of London all in a little less than 40 minutes, only traveling at a few knots.
- Telepathy: Alucard can speak telepathically to his fledgling.
- Mind control and hypnosis: (fans sometimes call it the "Love Beam" after a remark from Pip).
- Summoning: The ability to summon familiars, the souls of those whose blood he has sucked in a variety of forms that either sprout from his body or swarm around him as an army numbering in the millions. These familiars can also include animals such as horses and the weapons and abilities that the familiars possessed in life, but Alucard can only use this ability when Control Art Restriction System Level Zero is released.
- Bloodsucking: The ability to suck a person's blood and absorb their soul and, consequently, their knowledge and memories. (He learns more about Millennium after absorbing Tubalcain.) He can also absorb blood through his clothes and skin, as he does with Luke Valentine's blood after his hell hound had eaten Luke's body. Alucard can draw in blood over vast distances (at least throughout the city of London).
- Hibernation: Alucard is able to survive long periods of time without consuming blood, but is able to fight at a usual level of strength after drinking even the smallest bit of blood.
- Immunity to vampiric weaknesses: His abilities and health are not in any way compromised by such things as sunlight or silver. In fact, it appears that the only weapons capable of harming him to any real extent are the most holy of Christian artifacts, such as Father Anderson after augmenting his abilities with Helena's Nail (a nail, which was from the True Cross, which crucified Jesus Christ, and was blessed in his blood) but even that did no permanent, or even lasting, damage.
- 'Supernatural sense': The ability to sense supernatural activity (In The Dawn, a prequel to Hellsing, Alucard knew the Captain was a werewolf the moment he saw him, and in the OVA, he could see the blessings on Father Anderson's bayonets).
- Combat experience: In addition to his superhuman abilities, Alucard also possesses centuries of combat experience. While he usually relies on crushing his opponents with sheer power, he does at times use strategy. When he fought Alhambra, Alucard used shadow duplicates to distract him, allowing Alucard to close the distance between them and deliver the death blow.
- Schrödinger's powers: At the end of the series, Alucard has acquired Schrödinger's quantum reality manipulation powers after absorbing him during the Millennium incident. This grants him the ability to exist wherever and however he wishes to. This enables him to be omnipresent at any given time.
Selene is extremely proficient with many kinds of weapons, both medieval and modern, including the H&K USP and a variety of automatic machine pistols. She is also a resourceful combatant, displaying a regular talent for improvisation when faced with particularly challenging situations or opponents: shooting out the floor that she was standing on to escape attacking Lycans, breaking Marcus's wing-talon to stab him with it after he used the same talon against her, and exploiting the increased healing of Quint to defeat him by leaving a grenade inside him after punching into his chest.
- Superhuman Endurance: She is seen jumping from a ledge at least 100 feet (approx. 30 meters) and landing without injury. She can leap to high places with ease, seen when jumping over large fences. She can take a shotgun blast to the abdomen without flinching. She is able to perform amazing feats of strength without fatigue and can withstand the crushing depths of the ocean without a wetsuit or breathing aparatus. She can withstand hitting multiple bars of metal and an pole. Her greatest extent is when she is crushed by an elevator, after shooting a circle at the bottom of an elevator, and she comes up without any physical marks.
- Superhuman Strength: She grabs Michael by the throat and holds him against a wall several feet off the ground, performs spectacular leaps, and strikes her enemies with tremendous force. She is able to kill younger Vampires with just a few blows and manhandles four police officers with ease. She is shown to be able to engage a Lycan in close quarter combat and overpowers it with relative ease. She was also shown to be able to ram her arm through the Lycan Quint during her final battle with him. She later used the greatest extent of her strength seen to date when she flips a van.
- Healing Factor: She can heal rapidly from any wound, including sunlight burns and a shotgun blast to the abdomen. Her healing powers also enable her to withstand Marcus' wing talon being impaled through her chest without suffering any visible effects and survive after being shot in the head and other parts of her body.
- Superhuman Speed: She is shown moving from tree to tree in an instant, speeding through two lines of armed guards with incredible speed while slitting their throats with a scalpel in the process, and disappearing in an instant.
- Superhuman Agility: Selene is able to perform athletic moves, such as doing a back-flip into a hole in a bridge. In Awakening, Selene is able to do a spinning headscissors to a Lycan. She also jumps over 3 cars with one hand.
- Sensory Synchronization: She and her daughter can perceive through each other psychically.
- Enhanced Hearing: In Awakening Selene is able to hear Detective Sebastian's phone conversation, while she was high and far away from his location.
@DoomDoomDoom: Ever been to Kansas?
Driven through it
What comicbook characters do you believe are underrated?
How was your day today?
I had a great day today.
@DoomDoomDoom: You got Tekken?
Sadly no. I played it recently at my friends and it's going to be my next purchase I think.
I bought 12 comic books today. Your thoughts?
for $300? Not bad, what titles?
@majestic99: Horror and foreign films have been my bread and butter lately but anything that forces me to contemplate new ideas is worth my time.
@SuperTide: Tired and covered in dirt but other than that very good. Reading Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins and drinking a glass of wine.