@SoA: LOL

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Deadite

Because it begins the journey. And maybe we share similar views on something and maybe we don't (:

I'm one of the higher level ones similar to Evil Ash.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Deadite: Favourite Friday the 13th film?

Favourite Nightmare on Elm Street film?

Favourite TCM film?

Favourite Halloween film?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deadite

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Favourite TCM film?

Friday the 13th: I can't pick one until I finish watching all of them. I'm missing a few parts and this franchise I'm just too attach to, to give an answer without all the parts in my memory bank. I'll say this, a lot of people dislike Jason X, I however will defend it. Much like how you'll defend TCM's 2003 remake (:

Nightmare on Elm Street: The reason I haven't watched everything from Friday the 13th is partly because their movies are harder to sit through (I do love them). With Elm Street, there's no issue, my favorite is Part 3.

Favorite TCM: You know I haven't finish watching all the originals in the franchise, but so far I'll say Part 2 is my favorite. The movie is good all the way through the end. Stretch standing on the top of the mountain with a chainsaw in her hands.

Favorite Halloween: Halloween 4.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadite said:

Favourite TCM film?

Friday the 13th: I can't pick one until I finish watching all of them. I'm missing a few parts and this franchise I'm just too attach to, to give an answer without all the parts in my memory bank. I'll say this, a lot of people dislike Jason X, I however will defend it. Much like how you'll defend TCM's 2003 remake (:

Nightmare on Elm Street: The reason I haven't finish watching everything from Friday the 13th is partly because their movies are harder to swallow (I do love them). With Elm Street, there's no issue, my favorite is Part 3.

Favorite TCM: You know I haven't finish watching all the originals in the franchise, but so far I'll say Part 2 is my favorite.

Favorite Halloween: Halloween 4, with Halloween 2 as a close 2nd.

I have not seen all of them either or at least not alot of them for a long time.I would say the TCM remake was okay there are things wrong with it,I think I like Leatherfaces design a bit more in the remake.

Nightmare Part 3 eh? Interesting alot of people dont like the other films apart from the original.

Did you like Halloween Season of the Witch?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deadite

I have not seen all of them either or at least not alot of them for a long time.I would say the TCM remake was okay there are things wrong with it,I think I like Leatherfaces design a bit more in the remake.

Nightmare Part 3 eh? Interesting alot of people dont like the other films apart from the original.

I know I should probably watch Season of the Witch, I just dodged it and went on watching 2 of the lesser ones after Halloween 4. And I watched the Zombie's Halloween, too, and I still haven't seen Halloween 3 *shrug* I'm doing this to hurt my eyes for no reasons, clearly.

You only liked the first one of the Elm Street franchise? Yeah, I heard that from time to time. A lot of people really swear by the original. To me, it's the franchise that carries all the way to the finish line with the least chips and bruises. I know part 2 is suppose to be horrible, I haven't seen it.

There's nothing wrong with the design of their Leatherface, maybe he had better feats with brute strength? Or it could be the quick editing. The victims really has the worst fate by far, compare to other horror films I saw at the time.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadite said:

I know I should probably watch Season of the Witch, I just dodged it and went on watching 2 of the lesser ones after Halloween 4. And I watched the Zombie's Halloween, too, and I still haven't seen Halloween 3 *shrug* I'm doing this to hurt my eyes for no reasons, clearly.

You only liked the first one of the Elm Street franchise? Yeah, I heard that from time to time. A lot of people really swear by the original. To me, it's the franchise that carries all the way to the finish line with the least chips and bruises. I know part 2 is suppose to be horrible, I haven't seen it.

There's nothing wrong with the design of their Leatherface, maybe he had better feats with brute strength? Or it could be the quick editing. The victims really has the worst fate by far, compare to other horror films I saw at the time.

Season of the witch is pretty boring.

Well I said I heard it alot but I have seen other parts that are okay.

Are you talking about the original or the remake?

Which is your favourite look for Jason?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deadite

A horror movie website name Highway..something wrote a blog that recommended Halloween 3, so I've been feeling like I owe it a chance ever since, I read the blog 2 years ago. Hearing you say that makes me feel better.

The remake.

Definitely Jason X, he was born for that look....................................................kidding...My favorite is probably this one, if it really looked that cool in the movie. I haven't seen The Final Chapter.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadite said:

A horror movie website name Highway..something wrote a blog that recommended Halloween 3, so I've been feeling like I owe it a chance ever since, I read the blog 2 years ago. Hearing you say that makes me feel better.

The remake.

Definitely Jason X, he was born for that look....................................................kidding...My favorite is probably this one, if it really looked that cool in the movie. I haven't seen The Final Chapter.

Ah review spot,are you a fan of his videos too? or did you just come across it?

I dont think that figure is 100 percent accurate to the part 4 version I think the colours are different.That figure looks to be wearing all black but I dont think he wear that colour in the film.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deadite

I dont think that figure is 100 percent accurate to the part 4 version I think the colours are different.That figure looks to be wearing all black but I dont think he wear that colour in the film.

Yes, and he's one of the channel I'be been following the longest on youtube. He answered my questions on one of his Q&A videos, I asked a lot of questions, included some super weird ones.

Is it a dark blue or a dark grey color he's wearing in the film?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadite said:

Yes, and he's one of the channel I'be been following the longest on youtube. He answered my questions on one of his Q&A videos, I asked a lot of questions, included some super weird ones.

Is it a dark blue or a dark grey color he's wearing in the film?

Same here.You have a you tube channel?

I dont know

No Caption Provided

This is NECAs new part four version.So the colours look different.They look more muted than the part 3 version.

Part 3 is currently my fave.I just really like the simplicity of it.I also prefer him before he was reanimated.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Inverno

@Deadite: Do you prefer dragons with four legs or two legs?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deadite

@CaioTrubat said:

@Deadite: Do you prefer dragons with four legs or two legs?

I like the question (:

Preferably the later. It has to look very specific though. Like an unnatural Djinn creature. Two legs and two front paws, preferably comes with bat-like wings and breath fire.

With four legged dragons, I like almost all of them.

Here's one:

No Caption Provided
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: Do you support any political party?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: Why did this thread got buried?

Can this guy's day get any worse?

Hottest fictional chick?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleaderNot really. I would have to be reeeeeeally humble when it comes to a discussion on political parties. Unless the discussion zoom-in into specific legislation or an agenda, I'm hindered by my limited knowledge on the topic. I do tend to express my opinion when it's a legislation that goes into the daylight. That probably means it has to be on the news. I am a conservative, but apparently both sides of the party have people that are my worst nightmare and I'm a slow learner on this fact.

@dragonborn_ctHe looks like he's about to stand up but I doubt he was able to. Asked the child version of Deadite, he used to think a tire running a person over would be harmless and bouncy.

For a long time, I had a crush on Cameron Phillips from Terminator: The Sarah Connor's Chronicle. I still sort of do.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: I see. I don't support any particular political party. Legislation regarding guns? Is something you seem adamant about. Its not something I feel that strongly for personally either way since I don't live in the US. And it really doesn't affect me. I guess Id say I am for gun laws that just makes sense. But banning guns all together is also a daft idea.

Id say I am liberal not in the literal political party sense. But this.

"Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded."

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deadite

@mrdecepticonleaderFor U.K., do you have a desire to see a form of gun law that opens to civilian carry yet not crossing the boundary which you're comfortable with? I guess my question is, do you want to go hunting with a gun. A type of gun that's under the limit that you can agree with?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleaderFor U.K., do you have a desire to see a form of gun law that opens to civilian carry yet not crossing the boundary which you're comfortable with? I guess my question is, do you want to go hunting with a gun. A type of gun that's under the limit that you can agree with?

No I don't. People don't need to carry guns or own them in their homes. But in regards to hunting I believe it is legal in the UK and shooting and hunting is allowed. I have no issue with that either.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

No I don't. People don't need to carry guns or own them in their homes. But in regards to hunting I believe it is legal in the UK and shooting and hunting is allowed. I have no issue with that either.

Cool, I always thought in U.K., hunting would mostly requires a bow. I wanted to learn how to use a longbow, but never had the time to commit.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

Cool, I always thought in U.K., hunting would mostly requires a bow. I wanted to learn how to use a longbow, but never had the time to commit.

Ha ha, it might well be done with a bow I don't know. Archery would certainly be something Id like to learn too.

Do you hunt?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

Ha ha, it might well be done with a bow I don't know. Archery would certainly be something Id like to learn too.

Do you hunt?

Not since I moved to the city. It's been years.

I actually would prefer to try out a recurve bow first. Most of the answers I found on the internet was that recurve is easier.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

Do you hunt?

Not since I moved to the city. It's been years.

I actually would prefer to try out a recurve bow first. Most of the answers I found on the internet was that recurve is easier.

I see. Do you eat the animals you hunt/hunted?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Deadite

@mrdecepticonleader

I had too. It's either turn it into meals or dig a deep enough hole and bury it, either way, there's going to be work after the game.

That's why when I see movies where hunters finally had the buck in their crosshair, they take in the view and return to camp instead, and I know it's suppose to be recognized as compassion but it's more than that sometimes.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader

I had too. It's either turn it into meals or dig a deep enough hole and bury it, either way, there's going to be work after the game.

That's why when I see movies where hunters finally had the buck in their crosshair, they take in the view and return to camp instead, and I know it's suppose to be recognized as compassion but it's more than that sometimes.

I see. Yeah.

It is? Why is it more than that sometimes?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Deadite

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader

I see. Yeah.

The cleaning and skinning and gutting is a lot of work. Then there's the dicing and washing the dishes. It would be cool to actually do all this in the wilderness though.

Have you started on your Halloween marathon? How is it going so far? (:

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader

I see. Yeah.

The cleaning and skinning and gutting is a lot of work. Then there's the dicing and washing the dishes. It would be cool to actually do all this in the wilderness though.

Have you started on your Halloween marathon? How is it going so far? (:

I see. Do you think hunting is cruel at all?

I have yes :) Its going well. I type my thoughts on the films after I have watched and keep em in a word document. Onto day three now.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Deadite

@mrdecepticonleader Not really. If you put the animal out of its misery immediately, and you didn't let it go to waste then you should be good. This can branch into several different ideology, and most of them...

As of now, we, as a species, don't need to rely on hunting to survive. So even if hunting can be condoned I think traps shouldn't be condoned. This isn't absolute, however, and there're certain traps that might be merciful enough, I dunno.

Bear trap is one I think of that's absolutely inhumane, but if we, as a species, resort back to hunting to find food source, I believe using traps would be justifiable.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader Not really. If you put the animal out of its misery immediately, and you didn't let it go to waste then you should be good. This can branch into several different ideology, and most of them...

As of now, we, as a species, don't need to rely on hunting to survive. So even if hunting can be condoned I think traps shouldn't be condoned. This isn't absolute, however, and there're certain traps that might be merciful enough, I dunno.

Bear trap is one I think of that's absolutely inhumane, but if we, as a species, resort back to hunting to find food source, I believe using traps would be justifiable.

I see. I was sort of asking what kind of exceptions and boundaries do you think should be kept in place in regards to hunting? For example when it comes to endangered species and that kind of thing.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader I agree with not hunting endangered species. We're finding antibiotic composition from species that we would never expect to hold the key to our survival. Passage to immortality are discovered in a species of jellyfish, which can live as immortal by reversing its aging process. There's so much we can learn from them.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader I agree with not hunting endangered species. We're finding antibiotic composition from species that we would never expect to hold the key to our survival. Passage to immortality are discovered in a species of jellyfish, which can live as immortal by reversing its aging process. There's so much we can learn from them.

Yeah. That is true there is.

On a completely different subject now (if you don't mind). Have you seen the Phantasm series?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Deadite

@deadite said:

On a completely different subject now (if you don't mind). Have you seen the Phantasm series?

No, keep them coming. I never have any intention to restrict topics :D I've seen the the first 2 and I agree with most people on Horror thread, it is a strong and healthy series, much like A Nightmare On Elm Street (....before the remake?).

I find it puzzling, however, I only watched half-way through the third one and haven't gone back and finish watching since. It has been probably 2 month now. Around the end of July was when I picked it up. There's nothing wrong with the movie so there's nothing keeping from finishing it.

One element, which is one of the major engine that drives the series in my opinion, is the out of ordinary, Oz-like, randomness of the Tall Man and his plan, and his creatures.

Perhaps it's easy for viewers to scissor-in-and-out of the series and that was what happened to me.

EtinArcadiaEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think there is still room for creativity in the video game genre?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deadite

@etinarcadiaego

I think so. There's still so much I would like to see become possible in video games. A basic idea, like allowing players with 100% customization ability of their character is one. The customization should extend into the gameplay, you're customizing the character's personality through what you expose to him/her, affecting his advantage and disadvantages, his/her's potential.

True A.I., the ones that has functioning self-awareness would also make major breakthrough in video game.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

No, keep them coming. I never have any intention to restrict topics :D I've seen the the first 2 and I agree with most people on Horror thread, it is a strong and healthy series, much like A Nightmare On Elm Street (....before the remake?).

I find it puzzling, however, I only watched half-way through the third one and haven't gone back and finish watching since. It has been probably 2 month now. Around the end of July was when I picked it up. There's nothing wrong with the movie so there's nothing keeping from finishing it.

One element, which is one of the major engine that drives the series in my opinion, is the out of ordinary, Oz-like, randomness of the Tall Man and his plan, and his creatures.

Perhaps it's easy for viewers to scissor-in-and-out of the series, and that was what happened to me.

Ha okay :)

Id say the first two are certainly the best, I like the second one the best. Personally. I won't spoil the rest of it.

Yeah he is an underrated character. It sort of was like that for me. I watched the first one a few months and have recently finished watching the series.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deadite

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

Perhaps it's easy for viewers to scissor-in-and-out of the series, and that was what happened to me.

Ha okay :)

Id say the first two are certainly the best, I like the second one the best. Personally. I won't spoil the rest of it.

Yeah he is an underrated character. It sort of was like that for me. I watched the first one a few months and have recently finished watching the series.

Yeah, he is.

Did you enjoyed the 3rd, 4th installment in the Phantasm franchise? I don't remember seeing the 4th one on your list. When can we expect to see the reviews? (:

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: I will not be reviewing the fourth one in my wrap up but I did watch it. The second and third will though. (I have already typed them up so far). The reviews will be more brief. Since I have seven movies in each week. Week one will be likely out on next Monday/Tuesday. So basically at the end of the week. Motel Hell is the next one I have to watch.

I liked the 3rd one, the fourth was a bit boring. And not that great. I still recommend giving it a watch to finish the series. But it feltlike a pretty bittersweet ending overall.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Deadite

@deadite: I will not be reviewing the fourth one in my wrap up but I did watch it. The second and third will though. (I have already typed them up so far). The reviews will be more brief. Since I have seven movies in each week. Week one will be likely out on next Monday/Tuesday. So basically at the end of the week. Motel Hell is the next one I have to watch.

I liked the 3rd one, the fourth was a bit boring. And not that great. I still recommend giving it a watch to finish the series. But it feltlike a pretty bittersweet ending overall.

Good to know, I might watch all of them at some point. If there's a fifth one in production then I would do it immediately. It's the same kind of motivation I have when I see a good series that's still alive and pumping out episodes.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

Good to know, I might watch all of them at some point. If there's a fifth one in production then I would do it immediately. It's the same kind of motivation I have when I see a good series that's still alive and pumping out episodes.

I did here about rumors that there could be a fifth one. But they need to hurry up and decide if they are since the guy who plays the Tall Man is 87. He won't be around forever. I sort of think the series is alright where it is. If we did see a sequel we would just get more questions instead of more answers as that is the style of the films. And one more would not just answer and even make sense of everything.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Deadite

@deadite said:

I did here about rumors that there could be a fifth one. But they need to hurry up and decide if they are since the guy who plays the Tall Man is 87. He won't be around forever. I sort of think the series is alright where it is. If we did see a sequel we would just get more questions instead of more answers as that is the style of the films. And one more would not just answer and even make sense of everything.

It's not one of the franchise I'm desperately wanting to see kept alive. Good interpretation of the film's essence, I think you're very accurate (:

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: Same here. Four films is enough. Ha thanks :)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite:

Do you think next April's Fool I should use a Lannister or Templar av?

What are you planning on next April's Fool?

Will you make a thread announcing you are leaving?

:P

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Deadite

@dragonborn_ctYes. It would be effective to go as one of the bad Lannisters. I don't really know anything about the Templar.

I actually don't get why people would hate the Lannister. They are the obvious kind of villain, and to me, those are the kind that'd gone too far for viewers to hate. For me to hate a character, it has to be annoying or close to my reality.

I'm planning on not getting tricked by mrdecepticonleader again. Last year he tricked me good.

Yes, if ever that day comes.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: Thoughts on the death penalty?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader

I thought about the extreme route to save tax payer's money, something like hanging. If you use a gallows or a tree at a certain height, the drop would snap the convict's neck, instant death. I even considered what it would be like if it's an option for other prisoners, but I immediately realized that wouldn't work. The fear of going to prison is one of the factor that enforces the law in a society.

I honestly believe death penalty is an escape, and I doubt why it's used on the worst kinds of criminals. But if keeping the criminals alive doesn't mean I have to feed and bathe them from my pockets, I would be happy to do it.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader

I thought about the extreme route to save tax payer's money, something like hanging. If you use a gallows or a tree at a certain height, the drop would snap the convict's neck, instant death. I even considered what it would be like if it's an option for other prisoners, but I immediately realized that wouldn't work. The fear of going to prison is one of the factor that enforces the law in a society.

I honestly believe death penalty is an escape, and I doubt why it's used on the worst kinds of criminals. But if keeping the criminals alive doesn't mean I have to feed and bathe them from my pockets, I would be happy to do it.

Hmm I see.

So you are saying that you don't like that part of your taxes go towards prisoners? I mean taxes get spent on all sorts of things.

I think the focus should be more on rehabilitation and prevention of crime since there is too much of a focus on punishing people who have committed crimes. Of course I am not saying people should not be punished for crimes they commit but it should be equally divided to prevention and rehabilitation. And its just not.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Deadite

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader

Hmm I see.

So you are saying that you don't like that part of your taxes go towards prisoners? I mean taxes get spent on all sorts of things.

I think the focus should be more on rehabilitation and prevention of crime since there is too much of a focus on punishing people who have committed crimes. Of course I am not saying people should not be punished for crimes they commit but it should be equally divided to prevention and rehabilitation. And its just not.

If there was a suggestion about rehabilitation, I would need to know the comparison cost to a bill in keeping them locked up and knitting mittens. I'm not trying to butch myself up or trying to be cruel, the situation is just that bad right now. We may just casually slip into another economic crisis tomorrow or two weeks from now, and we've been in this condition since..I dunno. If we've fusion energy tomorrow and not 10 years from now, we can blow pass all this without a whisper in the financial department.

I would agree with fixing the source of the issue, which is the education and the parents.