Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Got a lot to cover here.....

@pperspectiveandreality:

Hi. I had a few questions. They have been brewing since I have spent a good portion of this day reading and responding to posts in this thread.

1) Who is your avatar? (The little picture used to represent you)

2) When you go to church what is it called? (Feel free to leave out city or state names) Just use capital X's like "First Non-Denominational Church of XXX XXXXXXX" or somesuch.

3) How long have you considered yourself to be a Christian?

4) Was there a singular moment or event when you became a follower of Christ? Would you like to share it?

I have more but that is good for now. I hope recent posts have helped to correct the path this thread was heading. I hope your experiment works out to your satisfaction.

=)

Hello. How are you?

1. Its Colin Cowherd. A sports radio host. He's a favorite of mine. My username was inspired by him as well.

2. I havent been to church in about 3 years now because i spend my Sundays preparing lessons. I teach 6 classes a day all with rosters of better than 25 kids.

3. For as long as i can remember really.

4. hmm. I cant say that there is a point where i can say i started beinga believer but one impactful moment that i dont mind sharing was New Years eve when i was around 7 or so years old. I just felt God's presence come over me. like he was in my spirit and standing in front of me at the same time. It was a feeling that i remember bringing me to tears. I can best describe the feeling as a moment of total peace in the midst of chaos.

feel free to ask more and ill answer them as best i can.

@matteopg said:

@pperspectiveandreality.

Hi. So, I know we departed from that, but you said that you are both a creationist and still believe in evolution. I was wondering as to how that would be possible, as it is my experience that those are two completely opposite views. I know you said earlier that it is long and shoul shorten it, but I think that it was pushed back long enough and I am very curious about that, as I partly work with evolution everyday.

Yes. OK so i believe God did create man but i also believe evolution is factually correct. The bible tells of the moment where Adam and Eve became "naked" after they ate from the tree of life. I do not believe that Adam and Eve were in the form humans are in now before they ate that fruit. I believe, as punishment for their disobedience, God put us into the body of the animals and that is why we can trace our lineage to various animals. Hope that answers your question. feel free to ask folow up questions.

What do you think about exorcisms? Do you think they really work or are just mentally sick people? Do you believe that the things that supposedly happen (levitation, strength, change in tempeture) do happen?

I actually have had these occur in my family twice. My grandfather performed one on my older cousin. In our experience they have worked. And of the things listed My grandfather and grandmother and a few of my great aunts and uncles said that the strength change in temperature and extreme vomiting of black balls occur.

@pperspectiveandreality said:

@chibi_cute: @innervenom123:

King Saturn- well I'd start off by saying again I am not yet well versed in the part of the bible that deals with homosexuality so I can't speak to it with any level of certainty. But te God I know is merciful and loving. And the way I describe God's love.....that's tough..... I don't know that I can dearie it actually.....you've given me something to think about myself there. But as far as slavery. I defer to my belief that God has a greater plan in all things. And he does very thing for a reason. We may not always be able to perceive the reason but big parts of faith are faith and trust in God. So I hope that answers your question.

The Verse about Homosexuality is in Leviticus... I believe you should read the entire book in full and not just that particular scripture about Homosexual Behavior either... it appears that GOD believes death is the answer for a lot of things he finds unpleasant...

It still boils down to the real problem of how does Love find Death as the primary solution to problems ? Considering God is Love ?

The Slavery issue is very problematic... as it appears God's greater plan with Slavery involved the deaths of hundreds of Millions of Africans and a form of Cattle Slavery that would eventually lead to Blacks help building America through their Slave Labor.

I am planning on reading the entire bible so I'll certainly learn more the more i read. One thing i would like to point out is that death does not always mean casket in the bible. death means very many things like dying unto the flesh meaning you become increasingly ascetic.

@pperspectiveandreality: Am I to be condemned for being a transwoman?

You may not like this answer but it is not my place to judge.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@matteopg said:

@pperspectiveandreality.

Hi. So, I know we departed from that, but you said that you are both a creationist and still believe in evolution. I was wondering as to how that would be possible, as it is my experience that those are two completely opposite views. I know you said earlier that it is long and shoul shorten it, but I think that it was pushed back long enough and I am very curious about that, as I partly work with evolution everyday.

Yes. OK so i believe God did create man but i also believe evolution is factually correct. The bible tells of the moment where Adam and Eve became "naked" after they ate from the tree of life. I do not believe that Adam and Eve were in the form humans are in now before they ate that fruit. I believe, as punishment for their disobedience, God put us into the body of the animals and that is why we can trace our lineage to various animals. Hope that answers your question. feel free to ask folow up questions.

Ok, thanks. From what I understand you are really not a creationist as I mean it, althuogh I am realizing now that I applied a strict meaning to it than the original.

Of course in the general sense it means the belief that man and the universe were created by a deity, but I came to associate it with people who deny that actual biological evolution has occurred. Thank you for your answer.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By SirMethos

@pperspectiveandreality: I'll start with a simple one, and we can work our way up from there.

Do you believe the Bible is the word of God? And do you believe it(the bible) should be taken literally or not?

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be plenty:

1. Favourite Prophet? Why?
  2. Favourite Judge? Why?
  3. Favourite King of Israel? Literal King. Jesus is not included. Why?
  4. Favourite Tribe of Israel? Why?
  5. Favourite Book in the Bible? Why?
  6. Favourite Gospel? Why?
  7. Favourite Apostle? Why?
  8. Do you accept Deuterocanonicals as inspired? How bout the rest of the Apocrypha?
  9. Can Samson beat Goliath in a slugfest?
  10. Jacob wrestled an angel, right? How do you think he'd hold up against Brock Lesnar? Round 1: Olympic wrestling rules, Round 2: UFC rules, Round 3: Pro-Wrestling.
  11. Last one. Did you notice the Jesus-archetype in Superman in Man of Steel?
Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who do you put more faith in? The father (God) the son (Jesus and the bible) or the Holy Spirit (the god that resides within us all)?

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@kuonphobos said:

@pperspectiveandreality:

Hi. I had a few questions. They have been brewing since I have spent a good portion of this day reading and responding to posts in this thread.

2) When you go to church what is it called? (Feel free to leave out city or state names) Just use capital X's like "First Non-Denominational Church of XXX XXXXXXX" or somesuch.

4) Was there a singular moment or event when you became a follower of Christ? Would you like to share it?

I have more but that is good for now. I hope recent posts have helped to correct the path this thread was heading. I hope your experiment works out to your satisfaction.

=)

Hello. How are you?

1. Its Colin Cowherd. A sports radio host. He's a favorite of mine. My username was inspired by him as well.

2. I havent been to church in about 3 years now because i spend my Sundays preparing lessons. I teach 6 classes a day all with rosters of better than 25 kids.

4. hmm. I cant say that there is a point where i can say i started beinga believer but one impactful moment that i dont mind sharing was New Years eve when i was around 7 or so years old. I just felt God's presence come over me. like he was in my spirit and standing in front of me at the same time. It was a feeling that i remember bringing me to tears. I can best describe the feeling as a moment of total peace in the midst of chaos.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Just wanted to ask a follow up question to my second question:

Can you give me the name of the last three churches you attended? Even if it was ten years ago. And again of course leave out the location if you want.

Thanks.

And I also wanted to add that I have been on CV for a year or so and have avoided creating a thread like this one even though I would love to engage in something like this. I admire your courage.

=)

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pperspectiveandreality: I have a couple questions, and I want to hear your take on it. Feel free to omit any if you wish.

1. So, reading some of your answers to previous questions, you have been a Christian ever since you could remember. Do you think that if you were born Muslim, would you believe in Islam now?
  2. Also, over the thousands of different Religions, and people claiming theirs is correct and true, and even some claiming that they have seen their god/gods, what led you to the conclusion to follow Christianity?
  3. I suppose you being a Christian, you must at least believe in the New Testament of Jesus Christ. Now where I am concerned with the story is that the stuff that the Bible claims to have happened are impossible, (to our current understanding). What leads you to believe it?
  4. There is another big thing that sits uneasy with me. According to the Bible (I can dig up the verse if you wish), God knows everything, such as the future, the depth of the sea, and the hair on your head. Now how come in the old testament, the God of Israel was thinking and reacting chronologically? Such as having to start over with Noah after his first creation of people was a failure? Why wouldn't he set it right from the start?
  5. And last but not least, if the God of Israel knows the future, and he was here before there was anything, then any universe he created, he would know the outcome, so the fact that he created a Universe knowing before hand what would happen, wouldn't that mean people were doomed to hell before they were ever born? Such as an illusion of free will?
Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for how long its taken me to respond. I've a busy past few days. Let me share this story with you about my Monday. So I'm sitting in class towards the end and this kid asks me for a copy of the semester schedule. How he lost it in 55 minutes idk but whatever right? I was digging in my bag for another copy and noticed him in the reflection of my computer dancing behind me. He was doing that thing where he was dancing and then when i looked at him he would act like nothing happened. The kids were laughing and I myself have done that when i was in school so i thought "let him have his fun". So as i turned around to hand him a copy he got a bit excited and wasn't paying attention and he gave me, accidentally, a stiff jab right in the neck.

@kingofash said:

@pperspectiveandreality: Do you dig giant robots?

I! dig! GI-ANT robots!

You! dig! GI-ANT robots!!

We! dig! GI-ANT robots!!!! MEGUS XLR!!!

good day

I remember that show.....I need to watch a few episodes on youtube tonight.

@pperspectiveandreality: I'll start with a simple one, and we can work our way up from there.

Do you believe the Bible is the word of God? And do you believe it(the bible) should be taken literally or not?

I do. In some cases yes and in others I dont believe so.

They crucified Jesus so I dont mind a little hostility.

This would be plenty:

1. Favourite Prophet? Why?
  2. Favourite Judge? Why?
  3. Favourite King of Israel? Literal King. Jesus is not included. Why?
  4. Favourite Tribe of Israel? Why?
  5. Favourite Book in the Bible? Why?
  6. Favourite Gospel? Why?
  7. Favourite Apostle? Why?
  8. Do you accept Deuterocanonicals as inspired? How bout the rest of the Apocrypha?
  9. Can Samson beat Goliath in a slugfest?
  10. Jacob wrestled an angel, right? How do you think he'd hold up against Brock Lesnar? Round 1: Olympic wrestling rules, Round 2: UFC rules, Round 3: Pro-Wrestling.
  11. Last one. Did you notice the Jesus-archetype in Superman in Man of Steel?

1. I'd say Abraham. For the simple fact that i see him as perhaps the most inspiring one insofar as faith.

2. I dont really have one

3. Maybe Solomon. He had the chance to ask for anything and chose wisdom. To me thats impressive.

4. Dont really have one.

5. Id say Psalms. We used to sing them as kids. fond memories.

6. What do you mean? I'm not sure how to answer this one.

7. Dont have one.

8. I'm not sufficiently equipped to provide an accurate answer as i do not know what those things are.

9. I dont know but id love to watch

10. haha no telling.

11. I did. I really enjoyed the film though.

Who do you put more faith in? The father (God) the son (Jesus and the bible) or the Holy Spirit (the god that resides within us all)?

i have equal faith in all three.

@kuonphobos said:

@pperspectiveandreality:

=)

Hello. How are you?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Just wanted to ask a follow up question to my second question:

Can you give me the name of the last three churches you attended? Even if it was ten years ago. And again of course leave out the location if you want.

Thanks.

And I also wanted to add that I have been on CV for a year or so and have avoided creating a thread like this one even though I would love to engage in something like this. I admire your courage.

=)

Lets see one was called Israeli, then one was called prayer tabernacle, then the last one was called Crossroads.

thank you for the kind words.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: i think the Holy Spirit is more important. I don't go to Church or follow Jesus or prey to god very often, but because Jesus told me not to... I Carry a st Christopher always to remind me that religion isn't important, that man is like st Christopher on a journey and Jesus is the Holy Spirit we carry on that journey, to aid us in response to our accnolishment and worship.

But this is ok, I would like to know what you find significant about the holy trinity, I am truly interested.

Namaste

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: I have a couple questions, and I want to hear your take on it. Feel free to omit any if you wish.

1. So, reading some of your answers to previous questions, you have been a Christian ever since you could remember. Do you think that if you were born Muslim, would you believe in Islam now?
  2. Also, over the thousands of different Religions, and people claiming theirs is correct and true, and even some claiming that they have seen their god/gods, what led you to the conclusion to follow Christianity?
  3. I suppose you being a Christian, you must at least believe in the New Testament of Jesus Christ. Now where I am concerned with the story is that the stuff that the Bible claims to have happened are impossible, (to our current understanding). What leads you to believe it?
  4. There is another big thing that sits uneasy with me. According to the Bible (I can dig up the verse if you wish), God knows everything, such as the future, the depth of the sea, and the hair on your head. Now how come in the old testament, the God of Israel was thinking and reacting chronologically? Such as having to start over with Noah after his first creation of people was a failure? Why wouldn't he set it right from the start?
  5. And last but not least, if the God of Israel knows the future, and he was here before there was anything, then any universe he created, he would know the outcome, so the fact that he created a Universe knowing before hand what would happen, wouldn't that mean people were doomed to hell before they were ever born? Such as an illusion of free will?

1. Thats tough. I've always had a strong faith i God and I like to think i would have found my way to him.

2. Just faith. Thats really my answer for a lot of thngs and i realize that may not be the most satisfying answer but its my most honest one.

3. Again my answer is faith. Faith is a huge part of any relationship with God.

4. Ive asked this question myself. My best answer is that God chooses what he wants to know and what he doesn't.

5. Like my answer to the last inquiry I believe God chooses what he wants to know and what doesn't.

I realize logically some of these may throw up a red flag but a big part of faith in God is illogical. I believe it is supposed to be. The bible tells the the race is not given to the swift or the strong.My interpretation being that it isnt supposed to be easy to get to heaven. Faith is supposed to be a challenge. Furthermore id also like address something, possibly prior to it happens. you may be thinking "hw can an omniscient choose not to know something?" and i would say that, for me, I think the only one who can know what an omniscient omnipresent and omnipotent being can do is that being. I dont try to understand the way God thinks or why he does certain things i just accept it and have faith in him. I hope this answers your questions. As always feel free to ask more.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@pperspectiveandreality:

Lets see one was called Israeli, then one was called prayer tabernacle, then the last one was called Crossroads.

Honestly I am just trying to get a read on what tradition you feel most affiliation to. Would it be safe to say that these fellowships were Non-Denominational? The title Israeli and Prayer Tabernacle leads me the think they are perhaps affiliated with Pentecostalism in some way? African American?

Just me being nosy. You don't have to go further of course if you don't want to.

thank you for the kind words.

Based upon some of the questions you are getting...you deserve it. One poster said lets start with a simple one and then asked a question which contained a theological term loaded with complex biblical and cultural associations as if it were a walk in the park.

You offer concise responses which don't go into all the complexities and then you get challenged later because you dodged such a simple question or you are accused of saying something which you didn't. SMH.

Good luck.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Manchine

Sorry for how long its taken me to respond. I've a busy past few days. Let me share this story with you about my Monday. So I'm sitting in class towards the end and this kid asks me for a copy of the semester schedule. How he lost it in 55 minutes idk but whatever right? I was digging in my bag for another copy and noticed him in the reflection of my computer dancing behind me. He was doing that thing where he was dancing and then when i looked at him he would act like nothing happened. The kids were laughing and I myself have done that when i was in school so i thought "let him have his fun". So as i turned around to hand him a copy he got a bit excited and wasn't paying attention and he gave me, accidentally, a stiff jab right in the neck.

WOW... you make no sense what so ever. Being a christian I expected a certain answers of course added with just being a normal person answer. You didn't give any of that. So logical explanation Trolling.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

WOW... you make no sense what so ever. Being a christian I expected a certain answers of course added with just being a normal person answer. You didn't give any of that. So logical explanation Trolling.

let me clarify. the bible warns of prosecution. so, while it is unfortunate, its to be expected.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality-

1. What do you think of the pope's claim that Christianity and Islam (maybe all Abrahamic) all worship the same god but in different ways?
  2. What do you think of the discrepancies (probably could have used a better word there) between the two testaments? It was the one of the main things I struggled with it came to Christianity.
  3. You told me your beliefs in an answer before. Did you mean you believe in the Christian overall religion, just not any particular denomination? Or that your beliefs are just similar to Christian beliefs?

I look forward to your responses. Please tell if any were unclear :)

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

1. Thats tough. I've always had a strong faith i God and I like to think i would have found my way to him.

2. Just faith. Thats really my answer for a lot of thngs and i realize that may not be the most satisfying answer but its my most honest one.

4. Ive asked this question myself. My best answer is that God chooses what he wants to know and what he doesn't.

5. Like my answer to the last inquiry I believe God chooses what he wants to know and what doesn't.

I realize logically some of these may throw up a red flag but a big part of faith in God is illogical. I believe it is supposed to be. The bible tells the the race is not given to the swift or the strong.My interpretation being that it isnt supposed to be easy to get to heaven. Faith is supposed to be a challenge. Furthermore id also like address something, possibly prior to it happens. you may be thinking "hw can an omniscient choose not to know something?" and i would say that, for me, I think the only one who can know what an omniscient omnipresent and omnipotent being can do is that being. I dont try to understand the way God thinks or why he does certain things i just accept it and have faith in him. I hope this answers your questions. As always feel free to ask more.

One more question, if the only way to "salvation" is through God, and we must place Faith in Jesus to reach Salvation, how are we suppose to choose a religion to place our faith if every religion requires it?

Perhaps to put it better, I have two particular friends at college that I talk to regularly (when we aren't quizzing each other on school work). One is a Christian as are most people in America, and one is a Muslim.

So I asked them both this one question, "why do you believe? And how did you get there?" Thier answer was the same, that they arrived to their conclusion through faith and even told me that "I hope it will be revealed to you later" with an seemingly identical tone. Also note that both of the questions were asked with only one of them present since I didn't ask them about in front of eachother so no problems would arise from differing views.

This struck me quite hard, as a person who isn't currently define by any particular belief, more of "undecided", it seems disheartening to find any truth or reassurance as to where my faith should be place, or whether I should have faith in anything at all. What do you think?

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By theONEtaichou

@theonetaichou said:

@kingofash said:

@pperspectiveandreality: Do you dig giant robots?

I! dig! GI-ANT robots!

You! dig! GI-ANT robots!!

We! dig! GI-ANT robots!!!! MEGUS XLR!!!

good day

I remember that show.....I need to watch a few episodes on youtube tonight.

I always loved Megus XLR... the convoluted wins were ever so amusing.

As one Christian to another... you are doing swimmingly well chap, splendid.

good day

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been a while hasn't it? Well I'm back and again I will try my best to answer questions as honestly and accurately as I can.

@maccyd said:

@pperspectiveandreality-

1. What do you think of the pope's claim that Christianity and Islam (maybe all Abrahamic) all worship the same god but in different ways?
  2. What do you think of the discrepancies (probably could have used a better word there) between the two testaments? It was the one of the main things I struggled with it came to Christianity.
  3. You told me your beliefs in an answer before. Did you mean you believe in the Christian overall religion, just not any particular denomination? Or that your beliefs are just similar to Christian beliefs?

I look forward to your responses. Please tell if any were unclear :)

- I've heard that from others before. its interesting but I try not to concern myself with that type of thing. I usually like to focus on my singular relationship with God

-I think of it as the old testament being something that should still be observed and learned from but that the coming of Jesus and his subsequent sacrifice and teachings changed things a bit and made them more lenient.

-I don't really have a traditional religion in the way of claiming a group to be a part of. I like to just praise and worship God without trying to define my way of worship. I guess a way to put it is that, if being Christian means to be Christ-like, then yes I am a Christian , or at least I try to be, but no I do not see the need for a group. I can worship with anyone. I hope that answers your questions

@cable_extreme said:

One more question, if the only way to "salvation" is through God, and we must place Faith in Jesus to reach Salvation, how are we suppose to choose a religion to place our faith if every religion requires it?

Perhaps to put it better, I have two particular friends at college that I talk to regularly (when we aren't quizzing each other on school work). One is a Christian as are most people in America, and one is a Muslim.

So I asked them both this one question, "why do you believe? And how did you get there?" Thier answer was the same, that they arrived to their conclusion through faith and even told me that "I hope it will be revealed to you later" with an seemingly identical tone. Also note that both of the questions were asked with only one of them present since I didn't ask them about in front of eachother so no problems would arise from differing views.

This struck me quite hard, as a person who isn't currently define by any particular belief, more of "undecided", it seems disheartening to find any truth or reassurance as to where my faith should be place, or whether I should have faith in anything at all. What do you think?

-As I've said before I don't think choosing a religion is necessary. I believe all God requires is our faith. I don't think he says anything about choosing a specific religion other than having faith in him and his word. I'd also add, in regards to the story about your friends, that faith is not an easy thing to attain and maintain. especially in today's world where faith is constantly tested and questioned. But the blessing that I see in it ,and this in no way means that your walk will be the same as mine, is that faith isn't supposed to be easy. Even Jesus struggled with temptation in the garden of Gethsemane. The reason I believe God values faith so highly is because he is aware how hard it is to have. My suggestion, and please note I'm just trying to respond as honestly as I can, would be to educate yourself about faith and make the best decision you can. It may sound cheesy but I believe that to make this decision you must follow your spirit. I hope that I answered this question the way you wanted it to be answered.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pperspectiveandreality:

Do you worship Fantôdieu?????????????????????????????????????????

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not know about this thread.

royj0_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality:You've been answering questions for years, cool. How long have you been answering questions? How many questions have you answered? Are you still answering questions? Are you involved in politics? Are you GOING TO celebrate Halloween? Do you know Halloween is a PAGAN holiday (NOT Satanist holiday)? How many questions can I ask minimum you're an awesome humble Christian yay!