Are you superstitious, rational, or in the middle?

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you superstitious, rational, or in the middle? (35 votes)

Superstitious 11%
Rational 51%
Middle 37%

• 
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine008

By superstitious, do you mean spiritual?

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Cat

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

@wolverine08 said:

By superstitious, do you mean spiritual?

I guess you can count that. But what I mean more as in you believe in ghost, curses, and what not.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

In the middle. I won't freak out over a black cat, but if some paranormal activity happens in my home, I'm getting the f*ck outta there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The middle. The Stegman said it best.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Superstitious. I have a lot things that I do during the day so I ward off bad luck.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rational. I follow laws that are right like not drinking while driving, but I won't follow blindly to laws that are not correct. I don't believe in ghosts as that is impossible. If something weird was happening, I would investigate the problem and solve it. Of course, if there was somehow 100% evidence of ghosts, I would believe in ghosts as that is the logical thing to do.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mostly rational but with an open mind.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By dshipp17

There's a major flaw in the way you ask the question; both superstitious people and atheists can be rational, while both atheists and superstitious people can see their extremes to an irrational state, like the poster in number 7; there are very few things that have 100% evidence behind it; such an approach can lead to foolish decisions. I'm not very superstitious because I'm Christian; and being Christian, I'm protected by God; I do believe unsaved people can face demonic possession, be cursed, be the subject of witchcraft, and face what you call bad luck; I'm not sure what to make of ghosts, but, my faith leads me not to believe in them; I believe what people perceive as ghosts are most likely demonic spirits. So, I guess you can say I'm on the middle right (e.g. closer to rational, as you label it).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

LOL I do like the way the question was presented.

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

Well some people here got what I meant. But fine I'll elaborate, but it's simple.

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

Since I can't edit the OP. This is what I'm trying to say in the OP.

Are you are a person who believes in bad luck, ghosts, supernatural creatures, curses, etc.

Or are you a fact, logic, see it/proof to believe person.

Or you in the middle. Like your more rational, but are open minded to other things that can be beyond on what we can understand/something else out there.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rational.

Going by the facts and what we know is being open minded. There is nothing close minded about it.

I don't believe in ghosts because there is no sufficient evidence or proof that they exist. But if we found sufficient evidence and proof that they would exist, then they would. No superstition or belief required.

Can't really be any more open minded than that really. It irritates me how people assume you are close minded for not being gullible and believing in things with little or no evidence.

Going by their logic, being gullible equals being open minded, which is clearly not true.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I argue with myself about it all the time

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't bring myself to believe in anything, I always need to either be certain of something or leave it as a very vague "could-be".

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Lvenger

Rational.

Going by the facts and what we know is being open minded. There is nothing close minded about it.

I don't believe in ghosts because there is no sufficient evidence or proof that they exist. But if we found sufficient evidence and proof that they would exist, then they would. No superstition or belief required.

Can't really be any more open minded than that really. It irritates me how people assume you are close minded for not being gullible and believing in things with little or no evidence.

Going by their logic, being gullible equals being open minded, which is clearly not true.

Dude you always know how to say what I'm thinking in an even better way on topics like this.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe in any religion, ghosts/spirits, psychics, or supernatural forces (karma, etc.).

The reason I don't believe in this stuff is because there isn't really a reason that I should.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logic and rationale are the only things you should act upon. Anytime you don't believe in something ask yourself WHY? Is there any evidence? Or do I just feel it?

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a "gotta see it to believe it" agnostic so I don't believe in superstition or karma or the supernatural or any of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go back and forth between them.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rational. This makes me a deviant in my home state of Mississippi.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@erik said:

Well some people here got what I meant. But fine I'll elaborate, but it's simple.

No need to elaborate. I said I like the way it was presented.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Basically, are you rational, or do you believe in the irrational. Lol

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically, are you rational, or do you believe in the irrational. Lol

Not really. A rational person can realize that there is a good chance there is a higher being out there, thus becoming a Christian or another religion or whatever. I don't believe that, but believing in things that, while not proven true, not proven false is faith, not irrational. :)

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: No doubt you can be a rational person who believes in superstition, but superstition itself is irrational.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Weird things happen for no explainable reason, I've seen one or two myself.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By YodaPrime

Hmm maybe both. I guess i'm alone in this but i actually think something supernatural happening (particularly consistently) isevidence to believe in such force. i.e. luck/karma etc. if someone is constantly blessed with good fortune, i think it isrational to conclude they have good luck or something. If your television keeps cutting itself on i think it is rational to conclude possibly some force is causing it until you disprove it. Personally i don't believe in ghosts per say but i have seen situations where it made sense to me to conclude they might exist.

i'm open minded with Controlled skepticism.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Science and Math are my favorite subjects, I watch plenty of educational TV and read loads of science articles.

I'm also a believer in life after death, psychics, inhuman spirits, and extraterrestrials.

I'm in the middle, I suppose.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By swordmasterD

@racob7 said:

Science and Math are my favorite subjects, I watch plenty of educational TV and read loads of science articles.

I'm also a believer in life after death, psychics, inhuman spirits, and extraterrestrials.

I'm in the middle, I suppose.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

JK im pretty much the same

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@racob7: there definitely are aliens, to think otherwise would be selfish.

i am in the middle i suppose, but i am extremely paranoid, so i borders on both.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very rational.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Rational.

Dude you always know how to say what I'm thinking in an even better way on topics like this.

:) Ha ha thanks.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rational to everything except scary sh*t. I'll go under a ladder while smashing a mirror before I'll ever go back into a room where I heard whispers or something.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My OCD causes me to be superstitious about certain things but I'd like to think I am able to properly rationalize them and work passed the superstitions. Other than that, I'm rational.

Rational.

Says it best.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolverine008

Dunno. Considering that I'm religious, I suppose that makes me irrational?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rational.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kidchipotle

IRRATIONAL B!TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

IRRATIONAL B!TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Irrationality never looked so muscular.

Jack_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rational.

Kevhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am absolutely convinced that you can't catch fish if there is a banana on the boat.