• 115 results
#101 Posted by Pyrogram (41582 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: I can't comprehend how somebody could say anything like that considering that the US government is currently shut down. LMFAO. It's a ridiculous claim.

#102 Posted by joshmightbe (24812 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame: I don't consider the first nuke something to be proud of since inventing it was the dumbest idea humanity has ever come up with. I know actually building it took hard work from very smart people but it was still bar none the absolute stupidest idea any human being has ever come up with.

#103 Posted by Pyrogram (41582 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Actually no. Nuclear Power is a marvel of modern Science. But it's the application which is horrid.

#104 Posted by joshmightbe (24812 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I agree Nuclear power would be great if we didn't use it to threaten the world with world wide mass suicide.

#105 Posted by Pyrogram (41582 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: It does save lives. Ever heard of M.A.D? Mutually assured destruction?

#106 Posted by joshmightbe (24812 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Yes, the idea of mutually assured destruction is horrifying tho, its basically saying that our leaders are so petty and selfish that they'd be willing to kill the entire world for no other reason than revenge. And it would only be for revenge because they're are no winners in all out nuclear war.

#107 Posted by Pyrogram (41582 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Well M.A.D did avert the Cold War from going "hot".

#108 Posted by joshmightbe (24812 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: True but I'd be much more comfortable if the idiots in power now didn't have the ability to kill the world 14 times over. My Grandpa always told me to worry when a complete moron had a gun and I think the lesson applies well to governments filled with petty dips**ts with nukes.

#109 Edited by Pyrogram (41582 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: The sad truth is without Nuclear Weapons we'd have already participated in World War Three by now.

#110 Posted by joshmightbe (24812 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Probably but its not like World peace is a thing that exists now, half the planet is at war as it is.

#111 Posted by Pyrogram (41582 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: That's always been the case. Even before Nuclear Weaponry.

#112 Posted by joshmightbe (24812 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Since war is pretty much a constant in this world I don't see how nukes are helping anyone.

#113 Posted by Pyrogram (41582 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: They have, and do constantly help. The Cold war is a perpetually truthful example.

#114 Posted by joshmightbe (24812 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: If Nukes weren't there the cold war may not have gotten that bad, you can't know for sure whether or not it would have escalated without them.

#116 Posted by Pyrogram (41582 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Actually. I've studied it, and most historians would tell you Nuclear deterrents where one of the only reasons holding back full out war.

#117 Edited by judasnixon (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what most of America suuuuuuuuuuucks. Drive across America and see how many places you would like to live in. I feel bad for the small town teen who has the choice of working at the Waffle House or the Denny's....... Have you been to Mississippi? That Place is awful!

#118 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6489 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup...most of the time.

#119 Posted by Noteworthington (202 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it difficult to feel any sort of pride in the place of my birth, mostly because I had absolutely no choice in the matter.

#120 Posted by CuddleBear (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

me and carlin don't understand national or ethnic pride. my guess is this is some sort of trick thing like you say "I'm proud to be an American where at least i know im free" and then people say "yeah well what about this maaaaaaaaaaan?" Who is the world supposed to be rooting for anyways, college boys? russia? china? those sweethearts? i'll stick with freedom is just a little further down the road thanks

#121 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

#122 Edited by The_Tree (8187 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. I think the country is, for the most part, run by morons, and we're constantly getting involved in affairs that we have no place being a part of. It's not great, but I could be living in a much, much worse place, so I'm at least thankful for that.

#123 Edited by EpicTayMan (2607 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Im America but here's what I think of Canada "Go Canada! !!" you guys cool

#124 Edited by EpicTayMan (2607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolverine08 my comment came out wrong lol you Canadians are cool