Are whites being racially oppressed in America?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 rogueshadow  Moderator

Ugh, no.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@dngn4774 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@dngn4774 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@racob7 said:

Racism definitely goes both ways.

How so? African American aren't really in any position (socio-economical) to institute widespread discrimination against a particular ethnic group.

This assumes that racism has to be an institutional and widespread form of discrimination. Racism can exist on an individual level with any person, regardless of ethnic background.

Keywords: widespread discrimination

In addition to that racism would have to be institutionalize or systematic in order to oppress an entire ethnic group, so I don't really see your point here.

My point is that I'm disagreeing with you. You don't have to oppress every member of an ethnic group to be a racist, just like you don't have to oppress every woman to be a chauvinist, or every homosexual to be homophobic. Widespread discrimination is only one type of racism not all of racism, so yes, it is possible for racism to go both ways, or any way for that matter (because black people and white people are often treated as the only two groups in the discussion). I'd agree that black people as a group cannot institutionally opress the white majority in America (nor any other minority group), but that doesn't mean that no other race is capable of racism at times.

The topic of this thread is dealing with whites (multiple individuals) being oppressed as a collective group which is why I used the words widespread discrimination in my original post. You are right, you don't need to discriminate against every single member of a ethnic group to be classified as a racist; but that isn't the topic of this thread though. You misunderstood what the OP was discussing in this thread.

The problem with that is that your response to Racob's original comment makes it sound like it's impossible for non whites to be racist. That's misleading since it is incorrect. The initial comment was very general, and rather than saying "sure, racism can go both ways, but in the context of this thread..." you disagreed. This equates the narrow term of "widespread discrimination" with the much broader term of "racism." This isn't necessarily your fault, I'm just trying to be transparent with any readers who might read this.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@dngn4774 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@dngn4774 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@racob7 said:

Racism definitely goes both ways.

How so? African American aren't really in any position (socio-economical) to institute widespread discrimination against a particular ethnic group.

This assumes that racism has to be an institutional and widespread form of discrimination. Racism can exist on an individual level with any person, regardless of ethnic background.

Keywords: widespread discrimination

In addition to that racism would have to be institutionalize or systematic in order to oppress an entire ethnic group, so I don't really see your point here.

My point is that I'm disagreeing with you. You don't have to oppress every member of an ethnic group to be a racist, just like you don't have to oppress every woman to be a chauvinist, or every homosexual to be homophobic. Widespread discrimination is only one type of racism not all of racism, so yes, it is possible for racism to go both ways, or any way for that matter (because black people and white people are often treated as the only two groups in the discussion). I'd agree that black people as a group cannot institutionally opress the white majority in America (nor any other minority group), but that doesn't mean that no other race is capable of racism at times.

The topic of this thread is dealing with whites (multiple individuals) being oppressed as a collective group which is why I used the words widespread discrimination in my original post. You are right, you don't need to discriminate against every single member of a ethnic group to be classified as a racist; but that isn't the topic of this thread though. You misunderstood what the OP was discussing in this thread.

The problem with that is that your response to Racob's original comment makes it sound like it's impossible for non whites to be racist. That's misleading since it is incorrect. The initial comment was very general, and rather than saying "sure, racism can go both ways, but in the context of this thread..." you disagreed. This equates the narrow term of "widespread discrimination" with the much broader term of "racism." This isn't necessarily your fault, I'm just trying to be transparent with any readers who might read this.

You are assuming things instead of you asking me what I thought. I'm seeing what's wrong here? The title of this thread and OP made it plainly obvious we were talking about whites as an ethnic group.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Cable_Extreme

I can't even walk through these places called "ghettos" without getting targeted due to my whiteness. It is a sad world we live in when I can't stop at a gas station in the ghetto without having my escalade stolen, or my customized leather wallet filled with a bunch of cash. I can't believe that I can't even go by myself down in dark alleys in the ghetto on my Segway without the threat of being violently robbed. I'm sad due to this inequality.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oppressed? No. But guilt tripping.

Yep.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't even walk through these places called "ghettos" without getting targeted due to my whiteness. It is a sad world we live in when I can't stop at a gas station in the ghetto without having my escalade stolen, or my customized leather wallet filled with a bunch of cash. I can't believe that I can't even go by myself down in dark alleys in the ghetto on my Segway without the threat of being violently robbed. I'm sad due to this inequality.

No Caption Provided

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.. wtf you're joking right? Smh.. Laughable.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I'm proud of mah white tears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@farkam: I am crying that I can't even wear the new Jordan's without being laughed at. Or ride my Segway threw the ghetto without being mean mugged or robbed. I even had my golden grill ripped from my mouth in the ghetto, or even when I try to rap, I get laughed at. Whites have real problems!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I am crying that I can't even wear the new Jordan's without being laughed at. Or ride my Segway threw the ghetto without being mean mugged or robbed. I even had my golden grill ripped from my mouth in the ghetto, or even when I try to rap, I get laughed at. Whites have real problems!!!

lol, they took that shite to the pawn shop dawg

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By SilverPool

YES, WE NEED TO RECLAIM OUR DOMINANCE AS ZEE SUPERIOR RACE

SEIG HEIL SEIG HEIL

(just kidding)

Let's be real, everyone is oppressed, but whites do probably have it the easiest.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I know, my Segway had its tires taken off and left on cinder bricks, I was stuck in the ghetto with no Segway for like 10 minutes until my limo driver came and picked me up. It is unbelievable!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: whites have it the hardest, I hate having to wait for the limo driver, especially on his coffee breaks. Or even having to charge my electric car for when I unfortunately have to use when my limo driver is away.

As Spider-Man's uncle said, with great power comes great responsibility, and this responsibility is a burden that no one should bear.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but North Koreans are. We They only want Kim Jong Un to be Lord Supreme Overlord of everything ever

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Avatar image for diarrhea_regatt
Diarrhea_Regatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Diarrhea_Regatt

LOL at this thread. "racially oppressed?" No! But simply being white doesn't automatically make one's life peaches 'n cream.

Avatar image for diarrhea_regatt
Diarrhea_Regatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently? I'd say we are to a certain extent.

I'd say from only those who suffer from white guilt....& black people.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I'd agree to calling it oppression, but I can understand why some people might feel that way. There is an angry and vocal group within the far left that act like being "white" is morally wrong and that we should all feel guilt over things that are outside our control. White is being used as an accusation these days, and I can understand why that would make people feel unwanted by society.

Claymore_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Kryptonians are

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdfefecea198
deactivated-5bdfefecea198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers