Are we ready for aliens?

• 93 results
hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im sure most of you have seen the vsauce video were he tackles this question but i wanted to know what people here think.

Are we ready for aliens? if not why?

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

We will never be ready for aliens until we meet them.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Are aliens ready for US?!?

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inlife said:

What if they meet us first.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I am

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close buddy.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I doubt we'll ever get any more ready until we've actually met them.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh hell no......

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WarBlade539

Here comes the conspiracy theories...

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

How can we get ready for something that does not exist.

MissyMoxie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We aren't even ready for humans yet.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

We're ready to find some bacteria or something that we're vastly superior to. If something were to come make contact with us right now it would only show us how petty and undeveloped we are. It would tip us either towards humbleness, or madness to know that there are things out there significantly more advanced than we are. Personally I think our world is too unstable for something like that to happen right now.

MissyMoxie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MissyMoxie

Seriously how many racist or discriminatory people are there still in the world? The question of whether we are ready for aliens is ridiculous when we aren't even ready for ourselves

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

to quote chris rock: 'they kill each other for being white, black, yellow. man we're purple. what do you they're going to do to us?'

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Debatable. I refuse to believe that in this entire Universe, composed of zillions of galaxies which in turn have millions of star-systems, there is not a single planet that houses intelligent life.

Prof. Brian Cox did say that we may be the only Intelligent Species in the Milky Way but I refuse to believe that we are alone in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. :)

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Marionettegeist

@616vulture said:

Debatable. I refuse to believe that in this entire Universe, composed of zillions of galaxies which in turn have millions of star-systems, there is not a single planet that houses intelligent life.

Prof. Brian Cox did say that we may be the only Intelligent Species in the Milky Way but I refuse to believe that we are alone in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. :)

Honestly, it's ridiculous! If you don't think there are aliens your in denial, of course odds are they've never been to this planet or solar system and never will.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@616vulture said:

Honestly, it's ridiculous! If you don't think there are aliens your in denial, of course odds are they've never been to this planet or solar system and never will.

That's what's sad. I wanna have a Kryptonian dog as a pet. :D

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Marionettegeist

@dctv3363 said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@616vulture said:

Me too man, me too. Scratch that, I want to BE a Kryptonian (on Earth of course).

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@dctv3363 said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@616vulture said:

Me too man, me too. Scratch that, I want to BE a Kryptonian (on Earth of course).

Or maybe something straight out of Mass Effect. That would be cool too. But if the Reapers exist too, then it would suck. :P

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol wut

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Illegal aliens

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

We as a people-not yet

Me as an individual- yes.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

No...

Honestly, a lot of people have trouble with gays and foreign people (not saying it as an offensive thing. they face a lot of unfair discrimination) so...no the world's not ready for aliens.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Am I the only one who thinks that finding out the ancient alien theory was right would be really cool, and not horrifying at all? ... so long as none of them are like Cthulhu, or shaggoths or something.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Bruxae

The people are, goverment isnt.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By PeppeyHare

People as a whole can't even handle simple everyday things. In no way are we ready for aliens

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Crom-Cruach

If there really was a sufficiently advanced alien race as to be capable of star-system travel. Then that alien race would already be so advanced as to have no reason whatsoever to want to communicate with us.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By russellmania77

I'm ready to hug an alien

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm ready to hug an alien

Yesh! I'd welcome the aliens with open arms!

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

I am not even ready for a smartphone.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:
@inlife said:

What if they meet us first.

Could be either way. Disbelief will always exist until actual hard proof is found which would be the contact.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nope.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I'm going to say no. For a few reasons

• Since ATM we're clearly not ready for inter-galactic travel, Aliens would have to come here.
  • Any civilization capable of traveling to earth through the galaxy is going to have a HUGE technological advantage over us. The governments of the world wouldn't know what to do
  • Meeting an alien civilization would bring into HUGE questions about many of the current religions on Earth and people aren't ready for their beliefs to be PROVEN wrong.
  • As a race, we're still too busy killing each other to ever hope to have to a chance against an Alien Invader, should they prove hostile
  • I think the technological gap between us and a civilization capable of inter-galactic travel is too huge to overcome right now. We're not ready to learn that yet.

Its unfortunate. But I don't think we're ready, although it would be amazing to see that event.

And you're an idiot to think no life exists in the entire universe but the life that is in our planet. I don't know if there are super-advanced civilizations, but its-all be certain their is at least basic lifeforms out there. To believe otherwise is idiotic at best.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Yokergeist

Did you know that Aliens are apparently mentioned in the bible? A verse in Ezekiel talks about a huge "metallic light" coming down from the sky and some creatures came out of it in hovering balls.

I personally don't believe that is aliens but some people do.

Edit: Here is the some of the verse:

In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the exiles by the Chebar canal, the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. On the fifth day of the month (it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin), the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the Chebar canal, and the hand of the Lord was upon him there. As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal. And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, ...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Did you know that Aliens are apparently mentioned in the bible? A verse in Ezekiel talks about a huge "metallic light" coming down from the sky and some creatures came out of it in hovering balls.

In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the exiles by the Chebar canal, the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. On the fifth day of the month (it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin), the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the Chebar canal, and the hand of the Lord was upon him there. As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal. And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, ...

The fact that people are looking for aliens in their bible is proof enough that we're not ready for aliens.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

What Ezekiel saw was just a vision. A vision from God, but still a vision nonetheless. The creatures were angelic figures, not exactly the aliens that people commonly think of. The "UFO" could quite possibly be the throne of God. Since it was a vision, it could very well be a purely symbolic message from God, instead of a realistic scenario. I know you don't believe in aliens (I don't either, as of now), but just thought I should comment on this.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Are aliens ready for US?!?

BEAT ME TO IT, DAMN YOU!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Wolverine008

Humans can't even overcome intolerance of their own species, and we are supposed to accept aliens? Yeah, no.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hell no.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By longbowhunter
No Caption Provided

One man is.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to be, but i know i'll never be. Best 'practice' for my mind i guess is continuously watching independence day lolololol. Another interesting question would be how would responses be like? from both aliens and our side? What will the governments do about it? full-flex militarization or subjugation hehe

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we are barely ready for other religions...gay marriage, and black presidents....as if we are ready for aliens lol

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

lolz

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers