Are Vampires and Werewolves Speedsters?

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jesse536801

We've all seen characters such as vampires and werewolves move faster than human eyes can track. Some people put Twilight werewolves and vamps at a little over 200mph. This got me wondering a few things. Are vampires and werewolves speedsters then? Also why were Blade and Morbius denied this speed? Was it to keep them from being too OP? Dracula doesn't make use of this ability either. I'm a die hard werewolf fan and Werewolf by night (WBN) hurts me with his stats. I personally think that werewolves and vampires should be able to hang with speedsters. Am I wrong and horribly misguided? I pose 3 questions

1. How fast is fastest vampire you've seen

2. How fast is fastest werewolf you've seen

3. Do you consider either or both to be speedsters

Also i'm new

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably depends on which version since their powers levels differ from each incarnation of the species.

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah very true and their showings are ALL over the place, but vampires especially always seem to have super speed, and werewolves are depicted as their rivals in everything so their speed should match it. I use to think that their super speed wasn't shown against each other because it cancels out, but this doesn't explain why they wouldn't use it on other enemies

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dum529001

No one calls themselves "speedsters" except the Flash family.

People who possess super-speed usually don't refer to themselves as speedsters.

Just saying.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

1. How fast is fastest vampire you've seen - not telling

2. How fast is fastest werewolf you've seen - not telling

3. Do you consider either or both to be speedsters - somewhat

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: I agree with the speedster and flash thing, but I understand the term to be anyone with super speed. No one is messing with the Flashes, DC made sure of that lol. but what about the other answers to my questions?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Roddy010

No one calls themselves "speedsters" except the Flash family.

People who possess super-speed usually don't refer to themselves as speedsters.

Just saying.

The Internet says otherwise....

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, they aren't speedsters.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, they have the Speed Force.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@benk111 said:

It probably depends on which version since their powers levels differ from each incarnation of the species.

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one has said the fastest werewolf and vampire they've seen. So far the twilight characters are the fastest I've come across. They've been estimated to be over 200mph. I didn't know if some other vampires or werewolves, maybe in like an Ann Rice Novel were faster or not

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesse536801: blade is faster than that tbh he's nearly on spidey level speed

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Really? You think he's faster than Edward or Jacob from Twilight? Those vampires on average moved so fast they were only a blur to the human eye and there were some that had gifted speed even for vampires. I only put the Twilight werewolves in their speed bracket because they hunt vampires so therefore they have to be as fast if not faster to catch them. Has Blade ever shown any feats that suggest this? And personally, as a vampire I feel Blade SHOULD be faster than Spiderman, even if he still couldn't best him for a majority

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesse536801: well blade has blitzed people who can dodge gullets and move as a blur against superhumans

I think Spider-Man's best speed fear is around 1000mph and blade should be atleast half as quick due to some familiarity in feats and the fact that he was able to react to Spider-Man

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: As an aside, what feat has put Spiderman at 1000mph? Are you referring to his moving 2miles in 5 seconds? Because if he is that fast I don't see how he ever gets tagged by 70% of the people who do tag him. I think that might have been just an out there thing that writers didn't mean to happen. I don't think they meant him to be that fast when you break down how fast he'd have to be to do that.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesse536801: well there's that feat also him dodging a special bullet moving at Mach 3.5

And furthermore the fact he has blitzed superhumans and peak level humans for example daredevil has 0 trouble dodging bullets and even swatting them away yet he could even react or track Spider-Man when Peter was serious and knocked him out with 1 hit and the reason Spider-Man gets tagged is due to his personality and arrogance tbh every time he's gotten serious he rarely gets tagged

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: True he does play around a lot. Spiderman dodging the special bullet was a good feat. Are we referring to dodging Kraven's sniper bullet after it's fired or another instance? Either way it has been argued that his reaction speed is just that level while he cannot actually run over distances at that kind of speed, which makes sense on some level. He would be just a blur like quicksilver (though not as fast obviously) if he could run like that, but reacting like that is a different story. to dodge a bullet and to move 2 miles in 5 seconds are two very different showings of speed. Also I don't know how I feel about Daredevil swatting bullets. The one instance some argue he timed it, but that's still too impressive for me, given he is only human with heightened sinces, so his speed shouldn't be able to intercept a bullet even if he COULD perceive it coming you know what I mean?

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fastest vampire I have seen is a vampire god in the Spooks series by Joseph Delaney, who was stated to be able to kill a town in the blink of an eye. By feats he was a blur to Thomas Ward, despite the fact that Tom was using his powers to stop time at the time.

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Jesus i'd dare say that's Flash level if he did such an act so fast while someone was stopping time lol. Were werewolves in this book or comic was it?

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skit

1. FTL

2. IDK, Bigby is fastest I can think of, but I'm probably forgetting somebody.

3.No, Supersonic+ is the base requirement as far as I'm concerned.

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: Fair enough on point 3. But what vampire was FTL speed? and what was Bigsby's top speed

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesse536801: Dio also pretty sure one of the vampires from darkstalkers. Nothing particular, though he's traveled thousands of miles relatively short periods of time before.

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit:I always thought as a rule vampires by their very nature and abilities are faster than Spiderman. Do you agree? Werewolves should be faster as well if done right

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Ondskapt666

No speedsters but fast yes they are....

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Jesus i'd dare say that's Flash level if he did such an act so fast while someone was stopping time lol. Were werewolves in this book or comic was it?

Actually I read that scene again and Siscoi, the vampire god, had some vague resistance that meant Tom was slowing time, rather than stopping it. It might have been some time powers he possessed but we can't say. My apologies for the mistake.

He's still fast however, since far inferior vampires could blitz Tom when they first encountered him (although he latter was able to fight several), and Tom was surprised he wasn't being blitzed by Siscoi. Tom can fight three skilled opponents and win, and can fight and kill many witches who were in a castle by forcing them to only come at him two at a time. Can't remember how many specifically, although the steps they fought on had maybe a little over a dozen witches. He can also fight a superhumanly fast foe for over a hour, when said foe was effortlessly killing the previous champions and nobility it fought, and his blows were so fast that onlookers couldn't tell which hand he used. All this without time powers. With time powers he's stopped Old Gods in their domains and even the Devil himself, who is a time manipulator also.

It's a book, and no werewolves have appeared, although they may well exist in the verse as the agents of the dark change from region to region. Mostly the Spooks of the series combat witches, boggarts, ghosts and the like, but an assortment of monsters arise as the series progresses.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some Vampires (Elder/True Ancestors) are portrayed as time/space benders. It really depends on the author.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Penderor

In Stoker's Novel Dracula seemed to be able near teleportation. Some of his arrives into different places are impressive in terms of speed.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akasha from the Queen of the Damned could move as fast as she could think.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

The fastest vampire speed I've seen was from House of Frankenstein - not the 40's original but a 90's TV movie nobody outside of Australia seems to have heard of. Blink-of-an-eye speed if my memory serves me correctly.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On paper, yes.

How they're delineated I'd say they aren't past peak human on the mainstream-comics scale.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some are, some aren't.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, but it depends on the source for how fast they are. Vampires obviously are supposed to be superior to humans in most fiction, but that doesn't mean much. The vampire in a story only has to be above them by a considerable amount, enough to be recognized as a threat but not so much that they can't be taken down. For example, you wouldn't take someone for say, Alucard(Hellsing) and compare him to Edward(Twilight). For the same reasons you wouldn't compare someone like Father Anderson(Hellsing) to Blade.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fastest vampire speed I've seen was from House of Frankenstein - not the 40's original but a 90's TV movie nobody outside of Australia seems to have heard of. Blink-of-an-eye speed if my memory serves me correctly.

I remember this! Vaguely though

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. How fast is fastest vampire you've seen - I feel like there has to be some version of Dracula that would answer this, but the fastest I can remember are probably the True Blood vamps.

2. How fast is fastest werewolf you've seen - Never seen Twilight (and I never will), but from what I hear, probably them.

3. Do you consider either or both to be speedsters - Vampires, yes. Werewolves, it's complicated. I mean they're supposed to be the rivals of vampires, but realistically they almost never demonstrate that same raw speed.

DevilGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampires are faster than human eye and i mean a normal one, an elder vampire is at least 3 times faster than a regular vampire, werewolfs are fast as a gazelle i believe