#1 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

i knew they were bad but today i saw a show called "the bad girls club" the show is basically a bunch of mean spirited,spoiled,and deluded women put together in a house and after one episode and i literately lost all my faith in my species so what do you think is this the worst thing to come to tv not just this show but every reality show in general....

#3 Posted by MonsterStomp (16062 posts) - - Show Bio

Most are pretty bad, I don't like those ones that you pointed out though I like South Beach Tow, Repo, etc. Stuff like that is entertaining for me.

#4 Edited by IamTheLaw85 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldnt agree more. Reakity show television ruined cable. Its all staged stupidity. Ehhh, It makes me sick just flipping through it

#5 Edited by JetiiMitra (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess. I'm sure there's something worse though. I just can't think of it. You know what, scratch that. Reality TV is the absolute bottom of the heap.

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (38802 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much.

#7 Edited by MonsterStomp (16062 posts) - - Show Bio

Most reality shows are staged.

#8 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

It is garbage and many TV networks are jumping on the bandwagon. One of the most laughable Reality TV shows I have seen in awhile is "Amish Mafia". Discovery Channel, really? It is what gets the views I suppose.

#9 Posted by Edamame (27982 posts) - - Show Bio

It is garbage and many TV networks are jumping on the bandwagon. One of the most laughable Reality TV shows I have seen in awhile is "Amish Mafia". Discovery Channel, really? It is what gets the views I suppose.

lol Yeah. I also heard about this.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, they are.

#11 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

Reality shows cost quite a bit less to get to air so since a couple did well every station has thrown whatever slop they can get together and tried to pass it off as legit programming. I find 99% of them to be trash. I think the only one I've seen that interested me at all was Face Off from the SYFY channel.

#12 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

crap that glorifies stupidity, allows networks to get away with cheap production since they don't need to spend much anything on writing, and demonstrates that people might get on these shows for some cash and fame if they can aspire to be the absolute lowest common denominator

#13 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

No they as a group are not the worst thing on TV and I like a few simply because show interesting psychology things. Like Big Brother this year is interesting in that you have quite a few psychological disorders on display and when compared with the reaction to Racism that this cast is having/had vs the reaction in the outside world and what happened on earlier seasons is interesting. It's also giving quite show as to how bullying, threat narrative, oppression and such actually happens with the player named Amanda. I wish that they continued having a trained psychologist explain and discuss what's happening in the house which they had in season 1, but it seems that was too cerebral for the target audience. I'd love if I found a complete psycho analysis of every episode of every season... I'd literally be watching those for months considering there is at least 240 hours of easily attainable footage per season and plenty more if you had access to the full streams ^.^

On the other hand there are rather lowest common denominator Jersey Shore crud that is perhaps the worst thing on TV right now...

#14 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5504 posts) - - Show Bio

Majority of them are trash, so yes.

#15 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they are what do they accomplish? Nothing anyone one can have a reality show people will watch just about anything now its sad.

#16 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Just a bunch of stupid people acting stupid.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (18664 posts) - - Show Bio

My Little Pony

#18 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone remembers documentaries? They are videos to show perspective of other people lives you may not know about. MTV found a way to margin putting in control and show how easily it can be manipulated it is.

Reality is not truth. Reality is a perspective. Just like any perspective it can be manipulative or can fool someone. Most of things are trash there are a few good ones. The question of reality TV is why are the bad things getting most attention? I think it is easier to find bad things. There is no need to worry of being a bad example if people expected it to be. No one wants preachy because if someone can do bad have the reward that order of motto seems defective. "Get them what they want not what they need" seems like the right line for reality TV?

#19 Posted by _Zombie_ (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Fox News is the worst thing on television.

#20 Posted by WillPayton (9168 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

No. Fox News is the worst thing on television.

This

#21 Posted by TifaLockhart (14020 posts) - - Show Bio

Television plain sucks nowadays, with a few cartoon exceptions.

#22 Posted by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I need to say anything else.

#23 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_: That.

I wouldn't say all but most are. I like watching Ink Master, Bar Rescue, The Challenge, Pawn Stars, Catfish, Total Divas(hot chicks) and thats pretty much it.

#24 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9154 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by TifaLockhart (14020 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1085 posts) - - Show Bio

Amish Mafia sounds like the best thing ever.

#27 Posted by Manchine (3983 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is always BATMAN!

#28 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20731 posts) - - Show Bio

YES. At least the ones from Brazil are pure, mind-raping garbage.

#29 Posted by judasnixon (6209 posts) - - Show Bio

All 24 hour news channels are just so horrible at there jobs.....I just as well get my news from a homeless guy who lives in a ditch............ Reality TV is dumb and most people know that, but most americans get their news from CNN, FOX, or MSNBC and they are all soooooooooooooo crappy.......

#30 Posted by cameron83 (6673 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion,yes.

Here are reality shows:

• Unnecessary Drama and conflict,basically showcasing adults acting like mindless childish irrational idiots. I mean,I've seen more mature 8 year olds for their age. I am NOT even joking. It's like if there ISN'T conflict and unnecessary drama,then it isn't a show
  • The pseudo emotional crap. The member(s) go through like 4 different stages of freaking emotion per episode. It's awful. Simpy because their spouse doesn't talk with them for 6 minutes (maybe because their busy),"WAAAAAAHHHHHH HE/SHE'S AVOIDING ME!!!!" and they give this incredibly fake speech that's supposed to be profound at the end. YAY WE MADE UP!!!
  • Much of it is pretty boring. Besides seeing people act like idiots,many of it is just the celebrity doing average,daily routine....do I really need to pay like $80 a month just to see a celebrity (who is no one special or significant,other than starring in a movie or playing on a team) eat dinner with their family and pick their children up from football practice. Oh no! Johnny got in detention? It sure does sound personal. I don't see what the significance of it is. Many of it is just things that I,and most every human being,do on a daily basis. I don't see what significance it has if a celebrity does it.

So,in my opinion,many of them are completely stupid. I can't speak for all,and I've only described a few,but in general,I hate them all.

#31 Posted by High_Father_BatGod (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, the food channel is

#32 Posted by Bruxae (12632 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I find a few entertaining, very few but still.

#33 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4344 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't even watch TV anymore, I sit there on Netflix watching old episodes of Justice League & Batman Brave and the Bold.

#34 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't even watch TV anymore, I sit there on Netflix watching old episodes of Justice League & Batman Brave and the Bold.

This. My sister watches reality shows and it's really stupid.

These girls were getting intimate in a shower and 7 seconds later after they're done, they begin to fight..... What?

#35 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19923 posts) - - Show Bio

They're pretty horrible.

Nah, the food channel is

There are some entertaining shows on the Food Channel. Chopped isn't that bad. Reality Shows are by far worse.

#36 Posted by High_Father_BatGod (74 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by mikethekiller (8318 posts) - - Show Bio

Maury is the worst thing on tv

#38 Edited by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

Commercials are the worst thing on television.

Maury and Springer and other somesuch trash is to my thinking where "reality" television started.

Food programs would also be a subset of "reality" television to my mind.

We are getting the programming we deserve.