do dose this count as comic vs anime/manga or film vs anime/manga

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Fragneto

These battle rules are starting to really piss me off. 
They need to cut this shit out for reals. If they don't want those battles in Battle Forum, make another Forum here so we can stimulate our imaginations and debating to further levels. 
F%^k Animevice! That place is dead. 
Funny how they allow comic vs manga over there despite its a dead place, but here at least they used to when Buckshot and Gambler where the main Battle Mods. 
Seems like Final Arrow was the guy who made the new rules about manga vs comic and turned biased against the manga of the comic. 
Why you gotta do that bro? People here love reading manga just like comics. They're the same thing! 
And I don't wanna hear BS that this is a comic site, It that were the case why do you allow video game characters, cartoony chatacters, and movie characters into the mix!? 
You can leave in the anime and still have it controlled. 

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By darth_brendroid

The way I see it, saying manga and comics are different is kinda saying that only the West makes comics and the Japanese do something else. Not really true, but there are examples where some stuff in manga seems to be a little undefined compared with some Western stuff.

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fragneto
@darth_brendroid said:
The way I see it, saying manga and comics are different is kinda saying that only the West makes comics and the Japanese do something else. Not really true, but there are examples where some stuff in manga seems to be a little undefined compared with some Western stuff.
The true differences are about the art styles and the continuity of the plots. Aside from the art, because art these days are being mashed together, Manga plots have a more consistent plot, where western comics have an infinite continuity of plots after another. This has its inconsistencies because of companies action to retcon the stories or reshape it into another story that is inconsistent from the last continuity. They do this so that heroes like Superman never age, and in a continuity where he does age, a new continuity will have him revert back into this prime. They've been doing this to Superman for nearly a century already. Manga is not like that. Goku as a character is 25 years old of our years and has stop his stories since the late 90's, Superman is 80 and he's still making new comics. But for every new comic, he's either weaker or stronger. This is just one of the inconsistencies that comics have that manga does not. Also, in manga, The story always stay the same.... In comics, there are cannon issues due to canon reality vs non canon reality. ie: Superman is weak against magic in one reality, the other he's not. 
Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By darth_brendroid
@Fragneto: Well, I think even that's debatable. Most of the consistency in Manga comes from the fact that most series just have the one creator with one story to tell, right? There are some Western series that have that same kind of thing. Wasn't Starman from the 90's a bit like that? I know DC has gone and done their own thing with some of the characters, but the series itself was a lot more consistent and a 'whole' story throughout its run right? 

I was reading Dragon Ball the other month actually. Kept saying stuff like 'three months later', as if the writer was aware that three months had gone by in real time since the then storyline began, so fastforwarded so it was still 'the present'. Haha.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Final Arrow LOVES anime/manga, saying he's biased against it is just plain wrong. He was the one that tried to uplift the ban for a week then a bunch of users had to go and ruin it and he rebanned in less than 24 hours. Oh yeah, if you don't like it, deal with it or do go to animevice, I quite frankly don't care that it is dead, but you got a place to make those threads so be grateful that you do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:
Final Arrow LOVES anime/manga, saying he's biased against it is just plain wrong. He was the one that tried to uplift the ban for a week then a bunch of users had to go and ruin it and he rebanned in less than 24 hours. 
This. 
Plus this topic has been discussed before.
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Whisper_
@Fragneto said:

These battle rules are starting to really piss me off. They need to cut this shit out for reals. If they don't want those battles in Battle Forum, make another Forum here so we can stimulate our imaginations and debating to further levels. F%^k Animevice! That place is dead. Funny how they allow comic vs manga over there despite its a dead place, but here at least they used to when Buckshot and Gambler where the main Battle Mods. Seems like Final Arrow was the guy who made the new rules about manga vs comic and turned biased against the manga of the comic. Why you gotta do that bro? People here love reading manga just like comics. They're the same thing! And I don't wanna hear BS that this is a comic site, It that were the case why do you allow video game characters, cartoony chatacters, and movie characters into the mix!? You can leave in the anime and still have it controlled. 

Final Arrow loves anime/manga and has gone so far as to say that he'd love to be able to have those battles.  

The fact of the matter is that Gambler and Buckshot are rarely on and don't get to make the rules by themselves anymore. Modding the battle forum has fallen on Arrow and Static and as such, it's at their discretion what battles are and aren't allowed. They made and enforce this rule, because when mixed media battles occur, sh!tstorms happen. Trolling, flaming, etc. They have enough of that to deal with anyways, this is a way of preventing it.  

As people have said EVERY FREAKING TIME this subject is brought up. Arrow revoked the ban a while back. The plan was to test-run it for a week to see how it went. It lasted about 24 hours because of all the flaming and trolling. Now, part of that was because people flamed intentionally to get it disallowed, but the same thing remains the problem. People either have a bias against it or just aren't familiar enough with the characters to debate it properly.  

So why don't you actually check your facts before spouting off at the mouth and saying things like Arrow obviously has a bias against it. It makes you sound ignorant. Hell, look at his top contributions. Three of his top five contributions (including his top two) are for anime/manga characters.  

edited for spelling
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@_Whisper_: O_o damn...you go girl.
StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By StarKiller809

I've never made a battle forum due to the fact that it just seems complicated you have to follow rules against who you put up against who. 

I would think that if it is comic book related it would be allowed and if it isn't, I would think that all they would do is lock the thread. I don't think they would ban you unless that have told you not to do something before. 

In short, I think you would be fine.

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

It's like when two universes collide. Reality distorts, and everything descends into chaos.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@god_spawn said:
Final Arrow LOVES anime/manga, saying he's biased against it is just plain wrong. He was the one that tried to uplift the ban for a week then a bunch of users had to go and ruin it and he rebanned in less than 24 hours. Oh yeah, if you don't like it, deal with it or do go to animevice, I quite frankly don't care that it is dead, but you got a place to make those threads so be grateful that you do.
Sadly the majority of the trolling was caused by comic loves, or just people who hate anime or so it was stated.  
Although, I think they should retry it some time later in the future. Just to see if people have matured. Of course there are trolls on here, suppose the mods could deal with them if they ever decided to test the waters once again.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

No. If the character is from a comic, it's not allowed, whether you use the comic version or not.  

They tried to uplift the ban, and it didn't last due to trolling. I couldn't care less either way; I don't love nor hate anime. I'm starting to get into some older stuff, but that's really it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty: I agree it was a lot of the comic users and I tried to snap some sense into them but it didn't work and quite frankly after that I didn't care what would happen. If I was more of an anime fan like when I used to be, I'd be over at the vice, now that I'm more of a comic fan I'm here. I do hope the ban could be lifted but if it isn't I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, I don't like AV to be honest, I think the debates there are sub-par. People should just be grateful that Whiskey Media caters to both fans though.
Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
No. If the character is from a comic, it's not allowed, whether you use the comic version or not.    They tried to uplift the ban, and it didn't last due to trolling. I couldn't care less either way; I don't love nor hate anime. I'm starting to get into some older stuff, but that's really it.

can he convince you to join the fight 

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fragneto
@_Whisper_ said:
@Fragneto said:
These battle rules are starting to really piss me off. They need to cut this shit out for reals. If they don't want those battles in Battle Forum, make another Forum here so we can stimulate our imaginations and debating to further levels. F%^k Animevice! That place is dead. Funny how they allow comic vs manga over there despite its a dead place, but here at least they used to when Buckshot and Gambler where the main Battle Mods. Seems like Final Arrow was the guy who made the new rules about manga vs comic and turned biased against the manga of the comic. Why you gotta do that bro? People here love reading manga just like comics. They're the same thing! And I don't wanna hear BS that this is a comic site, It that were the case why do you allow video game characters, cartoony chatacters, and movie characters into the mix!? You can leave in the anime and still have it controlled. 
Final Arrow loves anime/manga and has gone so far as to say that he'd love to be able to have those battles.   The fact of the matter is that Gambler and Buckshot are rarely on and don't get to make the rules by themselves anymore. Modding the battle forum has fallen on Arrow and Static and as such, it's at their discretion what battles are and aren't allowed. They made and enforce this rule, because when mixed media battles occur, sh!tstorms happen. Trolling, flaming, etc. They have enough of that to deal with anyways, this is a way of preventing it.   As people have said EVERY FREAKING TIME this subject is brought up. Arrow revoked the ban a while back. The plan was to test-run it for a week to see how it went. It lasted about 24 hours because of all the flaming and trolling. Now, part of that was because people flamed intentionally to get it disallowed, but the same thing remains the problem. People either have a bias against it or just aren't familiar enough with the characters to debate it properly.   So why don't you actually check your facts before spouting off at  the mouth and saying things like Arrow obviously has a bias against it. It makse you sound ignorant. Hell, look at his top contributions. Three of his top five contributions (including his top two) are for anime/manga characters. 

So you're calling me or saying I sound like an idiot for being pissed!? Doesn't anyone who is pissed sound a bit idiotic!? That's right because they yell, but you're missing the point. You and Arrow claim that there are no (less) trolls or flaming comic vs comic than anime vs comic? Give me a break! We still have the same amount of them even without anime being discussed so I don't see the point or the logic that points to your argument and the battle forum rules. It just doesn't connect. Do you see where I'm getting at? When Buckshot and Gambler were the mods before Final Arrow, there were still flame wars, I am sure, but the people were still dealt with the same. They were warned and banned. I don't have beef on Final Arrow like you are claiming me to have. I have beef with the rules of the Battle forum for not being as lenient as it used to, and I am asking why is it not lenient as it should be.  The battle rules leave a very stiff air that it moves slower than it should be. The flamers still exist! You can't deny it, but it is not the anime's fault that this site has flamers, it's because of the haters that just wanna hate! I'm tryna give this site Luv! but we have people here who love to police and flag flag flag...  Scaring away new potential users of this site. And YOU who tell people like me that we sound like idiots for TELL YOU WHATS ON OUR MIND contrabute to scaring away new and potentially great users,,,,,, people away. Now you tell me... Is anime pushing users away from Comicvine, or is it people like you who push away users from Comicvine. 

Let that sink in your head some.
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fragneto said:

@_Whisper_ said:
@Fragneto said:
Final Arrow loves anime/manga and has gone so far as to say that he'd love to be able to have those battles.   The fact of the matter is that Gambler and Buckshot are rarely on and don't get to make the rules by themselves anymore. Modding the battle forum has fallen on Arrow and Static and as such, it's at their discretion what battles are and aren't allowed. They made and enforce this rule, because when mixed media battles occur, sh!tstorms happen. Trolling, flaming, etc. They have enough of that to deal with anyways, this is a way of preventing it.   As people have said EVERY FREAKING TIME this subject is brought up. Arrow revoked the ban a while back. The plan was to test-run it for a week to see how it went. It lasted about 24 hours because of all the flaming and trolling. Now, part of that was because people flamed intentionally to get it disallowed, but the same thing remains the problem. People either have a bias against it or just aren't familiar enough with the characters to debate it properly.   So why don't you actually check your facts before spouting off at  the mouth and saying things like Arrow obviously has a bias against it. It makse you sound ignorant. Hell, look at his top contributions. Three of his top five contributions (including his top two) are for anime/manga characters. 
  So you're calling me or saying I sound like an idiot for being pissed!? Doesn't anyone who is pissed sound a bit idiotic!? That's right because they yell, but you're missing the point. You and Arrow claim that there are no (less) trolls or flaming comic vs comic than anime vs comic? Give me a break! We still have the same amount of them even without anime being discussed so I don't see the point or the logic that points to your argument and the battle forum rules. It just doesn't connect. Do you see where I'm getting at? When Buckshot and Gambler were the mods before Final Arrow, there were still flame wars, I am sure, but the people were still dealt with the same. They were warned and banned. I don't have beef on Final Arrow like you are claiming me to have. I have beef with the rules of the Battle forum for not being as lenient as it used to, and I am asking why is it not lenient as it should be.  The battle rules leave a very stiff air that it moves slower than it should be. The flamers still exist! You can't deny it, but it is not the anime's fault that this site has flamers, it's because of the haters that just wanna hate! I'm tryna give this site Luv! but we have people here who love to police and flag flag flag...  Scaring away new potential users of this site. And YOU who tell people like me that we sound like idiots for TELL YOU WHATS ON OUR MIND contrabute to scaring away new and potentially great users,,,,,, people away. Now you tell me... Is anime pushing users away from Comicvine, or is it people like you who push away users from Comicvine.  Let that sink in your head some.

dude calm down its just the internet where I posted a question

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fragneto
@slacker the hacker: I'm not mad. Just speaking my mind. I would like the mods to uplift the rule of anime vs comic. It allows a much flexible out look to the general line of imagination. People can debate anime and comic civilly. It has been done before. All the mods have to do is mod and control the environment before it flames. I did some searches of some or alot of anime vs comic on this site and when you read the debates, it's logic and friendly. Only the ones with the haters give these threads the bad reps. You know this right?
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fragneto said:
@slacker the hacker: I'm not mad. Just speaking my mind. I would like the mods to uplift the rule of anime vs comic. It allows a much flexible out look to the general line of imagination. People can debate anime and comic civilly. It has been done before. All the mods have to do is mod and control the environment before it flames. I did some searches of some or alot of anime vs comic on this site and when you read the debates, it's logic and friendly. Only the ones with the haters give these threads the bad reps. You know this right?

Of course and I would love to have it upliftted but the some things take time
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Whisper_
@Fragneto said: 

So you're calling me or saying I sound like an idiot for being pissed!? Doesn't anyone who is pissed sound a bit idiotic!?     .  

Not at all. Everybody's entitled to their own feelings and own opinion. I'm simply providing facts that say that your opinion (Arrow being biased) is wrong. It's as simple as that.  

That's right because they yell, but you're missing the point

I didn't, really. You're angry that there's no comic vs manga battles. That's pretty evident. I was simply addressing one part of your post. The part where you called Final Arrow biased. 

You and Arrow claim that there are no (less) trolls or flaming comic vs comic than anime vs comic? Give me a break!  We still have the same amount of them even without anime being discussed so I don't see the point or the logic that points to your argument and the battle forum rules.

You're kidding, right? You've been here for years, surely you've actually seen enough of these threads get out of hand to know that this certainly isn't the case. They're not just pulling this rule out of their asses, there's actual reasoning behind it.   

When Buckshot and Gambler were the mods before Final Arrow, there were still flame wars, I am sure, but the people were still dealt with the same. They were warned and banned. 

Right. But obviously Arrow and Static got tired of dealing with all the crazy trollng. Arrow started a huge clean up of the battle forum in order to improve it's quality. And for the most part, he's done an awesome job. The additional modhood of first Morph and then Static was a huge help, I'm sure. As he simply couldn't handle it all by himself. So they had to take a look at what was working for the forum and it's overall quality and what wasn't. Obviously, manga vs anime battles were not.  

I don't have beef on Final Arrow like you are claiming me to have. 

Then why would you call him out on this supposed bias that he has against anime/manga? That sounds very much like you have a beef, or are trying to create one. Have your beef with the trolls who forced this rule, not the mods who made it.   

The battle rules leave a very stiff air that it moves slower than it should be. The flamers still exist! You can't deny it, but it is not the anime's fault that this site has flamers, it's because of the haters that just wanna hate! 

I'm going to assume you mean haters in the general sense of the word and that it's not directed at me (as I haven't actually given my opinion lately of my thoughts on this matter). The thing is, I don't give a crap who a battle has in it as long as it's debated well and with civility. Which is something that never seems to happen with anime/manga battles. I don't hate anime or manga, I'm just not familiar with it, so I generally keep my opinion to myself in those battles as I'm really not informed enough to say. Would I mind having comics vs anime/manga allowed again? Not if people could debate it peacefully. But they can't. That's a sad but unfortunate fact. Yeah, flamers still exist. It's an internet forum, there's always going to be trolling of some sort. But when every manga vs comic battle turns into a trollfest, then it's best to outlaw them. It really is as simple as that.  

I have beef with the rules of the Battle forum for not being as lenient as it used to, and I am asking why is it not lenient as it should be.  

Really? So you think it should be okay for people to just troll each other all willy nilly and do whatever the hell they want? CV had it's wild west period back when Methos was the only mod. Those days are done and over with. The quality of the battle forum had greatly improved since Arrow started his clean up. And he should be commended for that, as should Static for all the help he's been giving as well.  

I'm tryna give this site Luv! but we have people here who love to police and flag flag flag...   

Haha, really? Seriously. I hate it when people b!tch about flagging. That's a two way street. Anything can be flagged (it shouldn't be, there are guidelines, but yes anything can be flagged). What happens after it's flagged (lock, deletion, warning etc) is based on how the mod handles it. So it really comes down to that mod. Don't whine about people flagging things, whine about people posting things they shouldn't.  

Scaring away new potential users of this site. And YOU who tell people like me that we sound like idiots for TELL YOU WHATS ON OUR MIND contrabute to scaring away new and potentially great users,,,,,, people away 

Read my post and please tell me where I ever called you an idiot? I said you sounded ignorant. And you did. You do now, as well.  

Now you tell me... Is anime pushing users away from Comicvine, or is it people like you who push away users from Comicvine.  

Not even bothering to dignify this one with a proper response.

Let that sink in your head some. 

I'll be sure to :)
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fragneto
@slacker the hacker said:
@Fragneto said:
Of course and I would love to have it upliftted but the some things take time

I just feel sorry for the new people that log on this site and make comic vs anime threads just to see their comments read: 
 [[[IN BEFORE LOCK, NOT ALLOWED, BAN HIM, READ THE RULES, FLAG]]]

Doesn't it make us look like a$sholes when we do that!? 
I saw this one guy post a anime vs comic thread like 2 hours ago, and he was new and was surprised what he saw. I think he left and never plans on coming back.
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fragneto
@_Whisper_:  I was mad at the issue in question. I don't have any beef with Final Arrow. I called him out because he made the rules, but that doesn't mean I have beef with the man. The outburst may have sounded childish, but it is still someone who is speaking through their mind out of frustration. We still have rights to speak our mind and I don't get frustrated that much anyway since I'm such a chill guy, but when things need to be heard, things need to be heard. It's the action we all choose. You commented me, but you didn't need to right? See? You say what you gotta say, it's all good. :]
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Saren
@Fragneto said: 

I just feel sorry for the new people that log on this site and make comic vs anime threads just to see their comments read:  [[[IN BEFORE LOCK, NOT ALLOWED, BAN HIM, READ THE RULES, FLAG]]]  Doesn't it make us look like a$sholes when we do that!? I saw this one guy post a anime vs comic thread like 2 hours ago, and he was new and was surprised what he saw. I think he left and never plans on coming back.

.......which is why there's a sticky thread called the Battle Forum Rules. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Fragneto said:
  I just feel sorry for the new people that log on this site and make comic vs anime threads just to see their comments read:  [[[IN BEFORE LOCK, NOT ALLOWED, BAN HIM, READ THE RULES, FLAG]]]  Doesn't it make us look like a$sholes when we do that!? I saw this one guy post a anime vs comic thread like 2 hours ago, and he was new and was surprised what he saw. I think he left and never plans on coming back.
It's their fault for not reading the rules, to be perfectly honest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Alurvelve said:

@JediXMan said:

Yep.
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fragneto
@JediXMan said:

@Fragneto said:

LOL. Let me ask you a person question. When you browse the internet and don't tell me that comicvine.com is the only place you go. But anyway, for example: 

http://www.walmart.com/ 
 Do you go to the  About Walmart.com and   Terms of Use links when you 1st enter the site? 

Do you do that to Facebook? or any other site you go to? 

The logical answer for most internet browsers (by the millions) is no.... They do not.  As browsers, we have instinct using the internet. Sorta like using a phone or reading a book and letting the story flow. Rules are mechanical and they always change kinda like the prices for books or phones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fragneto said:
Do you go to the  About Walmart.com and   Terms of Use links when you 1st enter the site?
Yes.
If I am going to post somewhere. You can bet I will know what I am getting into and have done my homework.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Saren
@Fragneto said:
@JediXMan said:

@Fragneto said:

LOL. Let me ask you a person question. When you browse the internet and don't tell me that comicvine.com is the only place you go. But anyway, for example: 

Do you go to the  About Walmart.com and   Terms of Use links when you 1st enter the site?   Do you do that to Facebook? or any other site you go to?   The logical answer for most internet browsers (by the millions) is no.... They do not.  As browsers, we have instinct using the internet. Sorta like using a phone or reading a book and letting the story flow. Rules are mechanical and they always change kinda like the prices for books or phones.
If I was going to post on a Battle Forum and saw a thread at the top that said "BATTLE FORUM RULES: ALL USERS MUST READ"  I'd, you know, read it.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Fragneto said:
@JediXMan said:

@Fragneto said:

Do you go to the  About Walmart.com and   Terms of Use links when you 1st enter the site?   Do you do that to Facebook? or any other site you go to?   The logical answer for most internet browsers (by the millions) is no.... They do not.  As browsers, we have instinct using the internet. Sorta like using a phone or reading a book and letting the story flow. Rules are mechanical and they always change kinda like the prices for books or phones.
Terms of use are generally the same no matter where you go. However, yes, I do skim through them. Aside the the standard ToU agreement, there are generally other rules in place that they expect you to follow that are NOT universal rules. I read those, like the battle forum rules. May sound weird to you, but that's kinda why I have never been banned from any website. Ever. Not even a temporary ban; can you say the same?