• 53 results
pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pinecone1510

I saw this thread today with a guy just asking Whats the point? Which could have been a decent discussion but it was quickly shut down by a mod telling him to go to the what's on your mind thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/what-s-the-point-1678927/#2

I've seen a lot of threads closed because somebody did the same thread a few months sometimes years back even if the discussion was flowing and people were more than happy to contribute.

Also a big problem with the threads is the terrible search engine for them. Once a simple thread is locked it becomes almost impossible to find that thread that the mod wants people to go to.

So do they have a purpose on this site other than watching out for bad people and swearing or have they become a hindrance on our actual enjoyment of this forum. Please share your opinion and stories.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ganon15

"In this world, a man himself is nothing. And there ain't no world but this one."

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

yep

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

This is getting locked in, like, 4 seconds.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are a necessary evil

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pinecone1510

@sog7dc said:

This is getting locked in, like, 4 seconds.

Wouldn't that just prove my point thought. I mean i'm just trying to have a normal discussion about mods here. Locking this thread would just be petty since nothing wrong has been done or at least to my knowledge.

Let's see if they can take a joke: I mean we're not a dictatorship on comicvine, silencing me would be like silencing the one German who refuses to do the Hitler salute.

No Caption Provided
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Would have been funnier if you were a mod

Avatar image for batmanwinsbecausewhynot
BatmanWinsBecauseWhyNot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see some mods respond on this.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone hates mods but without them you get a cascade of bots, trolls and belligerent ( and I know I'll be flagged for this ===>) assholes. Do they stop some fun? Sure, but they prevent more chaos than they prevent fun.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lateralus: It's funny because I actually am one...but there's currently a bug that's causing the mod tags to go missing (you can confirm this by looking at the forum activity of the other mods). Didn't notice it until just after I'd posted that.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Everyone hates mods but without them you get a cascade of bots, trolls and belligerent ( and I know I'll be flagged for this ===>) assholes. Do they stop some fun? Sure, but they prevent more chaos than they prevent fun.

I agree with you actually.

I'm a System/Network Administrator, I know how hard it is to be the bad guy who restrict others.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, yes and no for me. They're all just trying to do their jobs, but I've seen some topics get locked when it really wasn't necessary or when even worse threads were allowed to remain open. It's probably a pain to have to monitor all these threads to see if they need to be locked though, so I can't really tell them they're doing their job incorrectly when they're taking it upon themselves to do something that I wouldn't even bother with.

Avatar image for batmanwinsbecausewhynot
BatmanWinsBecauseWhyNot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're all just trying to do their jobs, but I've seen some topics get locked when it really wasn't necessary or when even worse threads were allowed to remain open.

There are a couple of different explanations for this.

Different mods have different modding styles. Some of us (reiterating that despite the lack of any of us having tags right now - I am a mod lol) have a looser style than others.

Sometimes a topic has been flagged and our attention is drawn to it that way. We're not omniscient, so we don't always see threads that should be locked if they haven't been flagged.

Sometimes we notice topics that should be locked for some reason while we're browsing the forums. If there are other topics that are worse or should also be locked pages back, it's easy for them to escape our notice.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pinecone1510

@sog7dc: Thanks for the flag warning. I changed my as.... to bad people which made me feel dirty just writing it.

@darling_luna I see you've changed your profile pic. Who is she? Looks like death if i had to guess.

Mercy_ Would you have locked this thread if you still had the mod moniker? Also love the Buscemi gif he's a national treasure.

Also i'm surprised by the so far mostly pro-mods stance of this thread. I like it but i also want some horror stories to go with the positives.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IN BEFORE THE LOCK F#CK YEAH!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SOG7dc

Oh God I love it I love it I love it. Cute anime is like a warm hug for the soul. What anime is that from?

@pinecone said:

@sog7dc: Thanks for the flag warning. I changed my as.... to bad people which made me feel dirty just writing it.

Also i'm surprised by the so far mostly pro-mods stance of this thread. I like it but i also want some horror stories to go with the positives.

No problemo, ombray...I have a horror story...@saren once scolded me in a pm for making a mismatch thread. It was like 30 years ago, though.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#23 SC  Moderator

Fun police? More like the Fun Gestapo. Amiright?! One time I saw this enterprising young man trying to advocate the wonders of protein supplements, to help you get bulk and swole, but this obviously small muscled and puny moderator locked the thread calling it spam. Yeah right! Could have had great conversations in it.

I have seen this all the time, and I thought... hmm why not PM and ask the moderator or moderators about my concerns, maybe state some objections, voice my opinion on their decisions to them, see what justification they might have, or reasons, for specific situations, but nah, pfft why do that when I can just bottle up my annoyances, where they will make me stronger and more powerful and give me Regen and +5 to Durability.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darling_luna: Looked like a man behind that girl at first, itc it would been taking down by the mods for rape lol

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Whom Satan would destroy, he first gifts with fun

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Yes. They're like police but more fun : )

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Bruxae

This site would be unbareable without the mods, not only do they work hard to keep things clean and free of spam for free, but a large portion of the work they put in goes unnoticed and unappreciated, alot of the time they are even hated for it.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the mods

I don't have all these problems others have with the mods even though I break the rules a lot.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Mandarinestro

Like it or not, CV is indeed a dictatorship. You want unfettered free speech? Go jack off at 4chan.

As long as I can have a good discussion in this place, then war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

O.J. didn't do it

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not sure about the fun part

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mod comments in this thread are hilarious, especially SC's.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Threads like these are the best.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By those_eyes

Mods show favortism but some of them are ok.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#36 wildvine  Moderator

Just once I would like to see a thread about all the threads mods don't lock. Like, 99% of all the topics started on CV, go unlocked.

As far as finding a locked thread, you could go to OP's profile and look at their forum history, or Google thread title/comic vine. That's how I find threads.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Sure.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

Just once I would like to see a thread about all the threads mods don't lock. Like, 99% of all the topics started on CV, go unlocked.

As far as finding a locked thread, you could go to OP's profile and look at their forum history, or Google thread title/comic vine. That's how I find threads.

aw, why did you lock the booty thread :( . Nothing wrong about admiring the female anatomy.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

CV's mods are fine. You could do a lot worse like GiantBomb's.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@mercy_: you're still here!!!!!! I was a-scared you lefted us like all of the others......

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@wildvine said:

aw, why did you lock the booty thread :( . Nothing wrong about admiring the female anatomy.

Because talking about booty isn't PG-13 which I'm sure this site is :P

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess that really depends on what your definition of "fun" is here...

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rpgesus

Yes lol they are just people that spent too much time sucking up on this site now they just stop fun and write essays for responses and think their words carry more weight/think they are smarter for being a mod on a comic site lmao

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael Jackson> Queen

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They provide the fun

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: @pyrogram: Thank you for believing in my thread heatblaze. Technically it is PG-13 there wasn't any gratuitous language in there and everyone was pretty respectable in there

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@heatblaze123: @pyrogram: Thank you for believing in my thread heatblaze. Technically it is PG-13 there wasn't any gratuitous language in there and everyone was pretty respectable in there

Exactly!

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

Yes lol they are just people that spent too much time sucking up on this site now they just stop fun and write essays for responses and think their words carry more weight/think they are smarter for being a mod on a comic site lmao

Chill out, I sense some hostility. I know you have been banned multiple times but no need to get mad at the moderators sodam.