• 143 results
Posted by Vega8282 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering

#1 Posted by TruthTeller (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course

#2 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24811 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they are; no ones perfect (not even someone with a Divine Frame such as myself). That being said, I don't really see the point of this thread----at least from my perspective.

#3 Posted by Keenko (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not, our glorious overlords always know best. *sweats nervously*

#4 Posted by Immortal777 (7582 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea

#5 Edited by BlackStarOblivion (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vega8282 said:

Just wondering

Wrong about what?

#6 Posted by Bruxae (13845 posts) - - Show Bio

No, never. Absolutely not.

#7 Edited by MysticMedivh (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

THERE IS NO MODERATOR. ONRY SUPREME READER (accent) LEADER!

@keenko said:

Absolutely not, our glorious overlords always know best. *sweats nervously*

ONRY HE IS GRORIOUS ONE!

#8 Posted by wildvine (9544 posts) - - Show Bio
@bruxae said:

No, never. Absolutely not.

I'm hiring you to be my PR girl.

#9 Edited by JakeN7 (12386 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, because they're human...

...or are they?

#10 Edited by DarthAznable (6952 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Always. F*CK THE POLICE!

#11 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

THis must be a THanos tHread since users want to court deatH.

June'sVeryOwn

#12 Posted by Vega8282 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackstaroblivion: Any and all decisions they make regarding any threads (whatever they may be) and also answers they submit in battle threads (just and example)

#13 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

It's balanced. You get some moderators that are never wrong (the vast majority), then you get some moderators that make you wonder how they managed to even type their responses.

#14 Posted by wildvine (9544 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of our decisions are based off the site rules, and therefore reduce the chances for human error. However, there are times where mods are forced to make an decision on their own. This is where the occasional error may occur, but not often.

As far as battle forum goes, 90% of those threads would not be locked/moved if the posters would simply read the rules. I'm not even exaggerating that figure.

#15 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

Most of our decisions are based off the site rules, and therefore reduce the chances for human error. However, there are times where mods are forced to make an decision on their own. This is where the occasional error may occur, but not often.

As far as battle forum goes, 90% of those threads would not be locked/moved if the posters would simply read the rules. I'm not even exaggerating that figure.

If we had every user read the rules before making a thread, most would never make threads at all!

#16 Edited by MysticMedivh (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

#17 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio
@wildvine said:

Underestimation, actually.

#18 Posted by Vega8282 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: wow! Sounds like you guys got your work cut out for you

#19 Posted by russellmania77 (15328 posts) - - Show Bio

Always!

#20 Edited by BlackStarOblivion (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vega8282 said:

@blackstaroblivion: Any and all decisions they make regarding any threads (whatever they may be) and also answers they submit in battle threads (just and example)

Funny.

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen one moderator show up in any thread.

I suppose I haven't been around long enough.

I have been around some moderators on other comic web sites. Some of them of them can be real a^^*)les. But I honestly haven't seen one moderator around since I've been here.

I will say, I think it's important for mod's to enforce the rules on battle forums. Some web sites are out of control and the mod's let people do whatever. Are they pretty hard core on the battle forums here?

#21 Posted by The_Deathstroker (7605 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, one of them thinks she can keep her fiancé away from me. The other thinks she can get out of marrying me. One of them can't joke with me because he wants to look "professional" pfft.

#22 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Vega8282 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackstaroblivion: Not really from what i've seen so far. They seem pretty chill and have a TON of personality lol. They let people get away with alot but they do a pretty good job of enforcing the site rules just not to an extreme extent

#24 Edited by HumanRocket (8143 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, one of them thinks she can keep her fiancé away from me. The other thinks she can get out of marrying me. One of them can't joke with me because he wants to look "professional" pfft.

And you make jokes about how one of them wrote the opening scene of all of the Star Wars films?

#25 Posted by The_Deathstroker (7605 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by wildvine (9544 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

@wildvine said:

If we had every user read the rules before making a thread, most would never make threads at all!

I... don't think so. Off Topic, Gen Discussion, RPG, Fan Fic, either have little problem with threads needing to be locked/moved, or they have rules loose enough that we don't have to babysit every thread. Battles is the trouble one, and ironically the one we should have least trouble with. I memorized the basic battle rules on my first read through, which was after becoming a mod.

#27 Edited by JakeN7 (12386 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: I love how honest (and relatable >_>) that last sentence was.

#28 Posted by BlackStarOblivion (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

@blackstaroblivion: Several mods posted in this very thread.

@blackstaroblivion: Two mods already posted in this thread.

I see. Have to drag my cursor over the right hand side...

Interesting.

@vega8282 said:

@blackstaroblivion: Not really from what i've seen so far. They seem pretty chill and have a TON of personality lol. They let people get away with alot but they do a pretty good job of enforcing the site rules just not to an extreme extent

That's cool. Bad mod's can really bring a web site down as can bad community members.

I'll have to familiarize myself with who they are.

#29 Edited by BumpyBoo (9242 posts) - - Show Bio

BLASPHEMY!!

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

@erik said:

@wildvine said:

I... don't think so. Off Topic, Gen Discussion, RPG, Fan Fic, either have little problem with threads needing to be locked/moved, or they have rules loose enough that we don't have to babysit every thread. Battles is the trouble one, and ironically the one we should have least trouble with. I memorized the basic battle rules on my first read through, which was after becoming a mod.

Allow me to rephrase. If we had every user read the rules before making a thread, most would never make threads in the battles forum at all! :D

#31 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

You cannot be wrong when you define what the truth is.

#32 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

Like all people, yes.

No one has an unlimited supply of "right".

#33 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

LOL!

#34 Edited by wildvine (9544 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Oh hey, I hired Bruxae to be our assistant. She knows how to carry the company line.

#35 Posted by BumpyBoo (9242 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

@bumpyboo: Oh hey, I hired Bruxae to be our assistant. She knows how to carry the company line.

Good call! She'll go far in the business. I just know it.

Moderator Online
#36 Posted by JakeN7 (12386 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren: If you defined truth, I would've died from cancer 40 times over.

*watches more anime*

#37 Posted by RD189 (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

never ever ever ever

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

Every person can be wrong at times but the reason why moderators almost never make mistakes are because they just simply follow the site's rules and base their opinion off of them.

#39 Posted by Rev_Sulphur (740 posts) - - Show Bio

No the supreme intellect is without fault.

#40 Posted by PunyParker (10893 posts) - - Show Bio

NEVER!!!!

#41 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio
@saren said:

To paraphrase:

#42 Edited by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny.

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen one moderator show up in any thread.

Hi there.

#43 Edited by Lvenger (19886 posts) - - Show Bio

None may challenge the supreme word of the mods for their commands are sacred on Comicvine.

#44 Edited by MarcosVergara14 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

I've allways wonder what exactly happens in the "Moderator Hangout" threads. Do they talk about the most annoyng users, what threads to block or elese? The rest are conspirancy theories in my head. It will remain a mistery to the day i become a Mod (wich i'm sure will never gonna happen).

#45 Edited by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, I predate nearly every active moderator, so they cannot be wiser than me. :P

#46 Posted by Pyrogram (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing we have to worry about these days is wannabe mods trying to be tough like Saren :P

Kidding, I love you all. Most of you, anyways <_<

@wildvine and @bumpyboo totally suck. I'm probably killing them soon...

#47 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

The only thing we have to worry about these days is wannabe mods trying to be tough like Saren :P

SHOO! Go back to the RPG thread, this is my world now.

#48 Posted by BumpyBoo (9242 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

I won't argue about the me part, but you leave WV alone! :P

Moderator Online
#49 Posted by Pyrogram (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Of course, I thought everybody was a little more angry than usual! Your influence is great.

#50 Edited by Pyrogram (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: She's actually first on the list, I'd have to kill her first if I ever sought to kill you, she'd never allow such murder to happen!