#1 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

By the more loose clothing of female heroes? I mean, wonder womans costume is basically a shirt and underwear, and her hair obviously uncovered. You also have some rather.......harsh sexuality, looseness and other.........life choices shall we say that do not fit in with Judeo-Christian beliefs, let alone more conservative Islamic views. I know not every Muslim is the same, but I was just interested in finding out their opinions.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Muslims. They should be a villian in a comic.

gr8 b8 m8

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would they be offended??

#5 Posted by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: One of my best friends is a Muslim from Pakistan (which is fairly conservative) and she loves Wonder Woman amongst others. Her brother's one of the biggest geeks I've met. And they both love Vertigo. It's their favorite company/imprint and we all know the type of stuff Vertigo puts out. Granted, their family is very open-minded and they live in Ireland but if I remember correctly, she once told me that Dubai has a growing market for comics. I hope this post counts for something

Also, ever heard of the comic called "The 99"? I think it's a testament to comics being for everyone no matter what religion you are

@manofiron11: I'm really hoping you're just trolling

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223972 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Muslims. They should be a villian in a comic.

Personally I think you would make a better villain

#7 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Because people are offended by everything?

@akindoodle: Notice how he said "THEY should be A villain". Of course it's a troll.

#8 Posted by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: *sigh* I guess. But still....

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@cattlebattle: Because people are offended by everything?

Do you know any conservative muslims??

#10 Posted by Nefarious (19515 posts) - - Show Bio

We have a troll in here.

#11 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23792 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would they be?

#13 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by consolemaster001 (5127 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a conservative catholic, Muslims aren't writing these comics, and if you're offended don't pick the comic up.

#16 Posted by SpawnCrowshadow (6 posts) - - Show Bio

All types of people are offended by something in a comic. Muslims deserve no special courtesy.

#18 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, Muslims just try to brainwash people and don't have a clue. Just ignorant and violent. I understand there are Muslims who believe in peace but the vast majority are just scum, cockroaches if you will. They're bad for this world.

What evidence do you have of this?

#19 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm offended by a lot of things in comics but I'm not a Muslim, I'm just a Marvel fan born before 1995

#20 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Honestly, Muslims just try to brainwash people and don't have a clue. Just ignorant and violent. I understand there are Muslims who believe in peace but the vast majority are just scum, cockroaches if you will. They're bad for this world.

I don't understand why people think trolling is cool. It must make them feel good about themselves.

#21 Edited by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: They have no interesting traits, so they try their hardest to get other people riled up so they can laugh it up with other uninteresting people who troll around. They go from uninteresting people to annoying people in just a few keystrokes. Probably to fill the void of being generally ignored by people.

#22 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@manofiron11 said:

You're falling for it pretty hard there, scarlotte.

#23 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Why wud I care? I was just interested. I like to think about things from time to time, you should try it.

#24 Posted by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Muslim and quite honestly I'm far more offended by what I'm seeing in this thread than by anything I've read in a comic.

#25 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@manofiron11 said:

You're falling for it pretty hard there, scarlotte.

It was meant sarcastically. Plus I get curious about how people try and back up ridiculous statements.

#26 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: They have nothing to back it up, just ignorance. Probably watched Fox News one day.

#27 Edited by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Conservative Muslims are idiotic bitches.

#29 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

All types of people are offended by something in a comic. Muslims deserve no special courtesy.

This. The last thing the creators should do is give special treatment to certain people.

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@amutant said:

@sheenlantern said:

I'm Muslim and quite honestly I'm far more offended by what I'm seeing in this thread than by anything I've read in a comic.

You should stay clear of this thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/religion-what-do-you-think-12335/ it's full of extremely offensive anti religious videos and statements that hasn't been locked because comivine gives a free pass of christian bashing and harrassment

I like to bash the really over zealous atheists, they get way more mad and entertaining than the religious folks.

#31 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: They have nothing to back it up, just ignorance. Probably watched Fox News one day.

AhHA! I think you're right... Fox News is Muslim- wait, what!?! That explains a lot. (this is a joke y'all)

#32 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I think these days Someone, some where will get offended by something despite conservative, liberal Whatever. Its one reason why politicians are so damn politically correct these days even if its not necessary.

At awesam, so much wrong with that comment dont know where to begin but pretty sure fox dont hate muslims...you can be conservative and not hate muslims you know, stop watching pmsnbc.

Gotta love these topics a anything with christians, muslims, jews and conservatives and the threads come pouring with ignorance like the moth to the flame...

#33 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by consolemaster001 (5127 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife said:

Conservative Muslims are idiotic bitches.

#35 Edited by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this thread should be deleted, let alone locked.

#36 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Why? Why not just flat the fools?

#37 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by tupiaz (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

Some are some aren't. Probably the most conservative muslim are. It comes down to how or what you put into the term conservative muslims.

@jointron33:

Also, ever heard of the comic called "The 99"? I think it's a testament to comics being for everyone no matter what religion you are

First of all the 99 comic has met problems for it. For instance some feel they are drawing Muhammed because they are drawing people with the same names/benefits as him. The concept of the comic is that Muhammed has 99 names and now there are coming 99 heroes with the name however the powers is not directly connect to Muhammed himself.As far as I know there aren't any nudity or anything like that in the comic. You can easily be offended be a topic in a comic and be fine with another. Being offended by american comics doesn't mean you are against comics.

#39 Posted by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: I didn't quite understand your post. Could you please explain more clearly?

#40 Edited by tupiaz (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle said:

@tupiaz: I didn't quite understand your post. Could you please explain more clearly?

The 99 is about regular people getting super powers like the attributes/names giving to Muhammed. Muhammed has 99 attributes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_and_Titles_of_Muhammad Some conservative muslims feels therefore they are drawing Muhammed which is against the practice of islam. Maybe you remember the trouble Denmark was in because different artist had drawn Muhammed. So The 99 has met problem by conservative muslim in general though it is a big success.

Also you can like some comic and dislike other by it context. So just because some muslims like The 99 doesn't mean the american comics aren't haraam (sinful). Most conservative muslim would probably see it a such. The question is whatever they would thing it it should be illegal. Drawing or seeing female like they are dressed in superhero comics would therefore for some muslim be wrong to watch/read. Those who think that american mainstream comics is haraam can easily think that The 99 is fine. Therefor just because some muslim like The 99 doesn't mean the support mainstream american comics. However there has been a crossover between JLA and The 99 so there most at least from the creators side by a level of acceptance.

My point is that some muslims see both comics as haraam (but for different reasons). Some only sees American mainstream as haraam and some sees neither of the comics as haraam. It is an individual question and you can't make the assumption that just because there is an Arab mainstream superhero comics means that they support an American mainstream superhero comic.

#41 Posted by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: Oh. I knew that. I just meant that it's cool that it was created by a Muslim and is acceptable to a number of them. Obviously what is defined as sinful text is determined by the opinions of individuals. But thanks for clarifying yourself anyway

#42 Posted by tupiaz (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: No problem. It kinds of annoys me that The 99 hasn't been released as a trade in English yet.

#43 Posted by laflux (14982 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Its sad when I look at a thread and I literally come up with nothing in my head...............

#44 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

Its sad when I look at a thread and I literally come up with nothing in my head...............

Probably because it's already been hacked to death with spewed garbage. It's just...grotesque at this point. It's not you, laflux -- this time, it's all the thread's doing. **pats back comfortingly**

#45 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Muslims are offended by any woman showing her visage. I'll say it. F*ck them in most cases. If you just believe in the morals of the philosophy in the faith, good for you. If you follow the practices you suck.

#46 Posted by laflux (14982 posts) - - Show Bio

@amutant: I loved how you've tried to turn a thread which has negative comments about muslims into a pity party for the so called "oppressed christians" in another thread.

Could work on the subtlety but nice work.....