Are conservative Muslim comic fans offended

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By jointron33

By the more loose clothing of female heroes? I mean, wonder womans costume is basically a shirt and underwear, and her hair obviously uncovered. You also have some rather.......harsh sexuality, looseness and other.........life choices shall we say that do not fit in with Judeo-Christian beliefs, let alone more conservative Islamic views. I know not every Muslim is the same, but I was just interested in finding out their opinions.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I hate Muslims. They should be a villian in a comic.

gr8 b8 m8

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why would they be offended??

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jointron33: One of my best friends is a Muslim from Pakistan (which is fairly conservative) and she loves Wonder Woman amongst others. Her brother's one of the biggest geeks I've met. And they both love Vertigo. It's their favorite company/imprint and we all know the type of stuff Vertigo puts out. Granted, their family is very open-minded and they live in Ireland but if I remember correctly, she once told me that Dubai has a growing market for comics. I hope this post counts for something

Also, ever heard of the comic called "The 99"? I think it's a testament to comics being for everyone no matter what religion you are

@manofiron11: I'm really hoping you're just trolling

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think you would make a better villain

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AweSam

@cattlebattle: Because people are offended by everything?

@akindoodle: Notice how he said "THEY should be A villain". Of course it's a troll.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: *sigh* I guess. But still....

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@cattlebattle: Because people are offended by everything?

Do you know any conservative muslims??

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

We have a troll in here.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Why would they be?

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

@jointron33 No. This is coming from a muslim.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm a conservative catholic, Muslims aren't writing these comics, and if you're offended don't pick the comic up.

Avatar image for spawncrowshadow
SpawnCrowshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All types of people are offended by something in a comic. Muslims deserve no special courtesy.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Muslims just try to brainwash people and don't have a clue. Just ignorant and violent. I understand there are Muslims who believe in peace but the vast majority are just scum, cockroaches if you will. They're bad for this world.

What evidence do you have of this?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm offended by a lot of things in comics but I'm not a Muslim, I'm just a Marvel fan born before 1995

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Honestly, Muslims just try to brainwash people and don't have a clue. Just ignorant and violent. I understand there are Muslims who believe in peace but the vast majority are just scum, cockroaches if you will. They're bad for this world.

I don't understand why people think trolling is cool. It must make them feel good about themselves.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PartialSanity

@knightrise: They have no interesting traits, so they try their hardest to get other people riled up so they can laugh it up with other uninteresting people who troll around. They go from uninteresting people to annoying people in just a few keystrokes. Probably to fill the void of being generally ignored by people.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123

@manofiron11 said:

You're falling for it pretty hard there, scarlotte.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why wud I care? I was just interested. I like to think about things from time to time, you should try it.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Muslim and quite honestly I'm far more offended by what I'm seeing in this thread than by anything I've read in a comic.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@manofiron11 said:

You're falling for it pretty hard there, scarlotte.

It was meant sarcastically. Plus I get curious about how people try and back up ridiculous statements.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: They have nothing to back it up, just ignorance. Probably watched Fox News one day.

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#27  Edited By amutant
INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conservative Muslims are idiotic bitches.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

All types of people are offended by something in a comic. Muslims deserve no special courtesy.

This. The last thing the creators should do is give special treatment to certain people.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amutant said:

@sheenlantern said:

I'm Muslim and quite honestly I'm far more offended by what I'm seeing in this thread than by anything I've read in a comic.

You should stay clear of this thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/religion-what-do-you-think-12335/ it's full of extremely offensive anti religious videos and statements that hasn't been locked because comivine gives a free pass of christian bashing and harrassment

I like to bash the really over zealous atheists, they get way more mad and entertaining than the religious folks.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted

@awesam said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: They have nothing to back it up, just ignorance. Probably watched Fox News one day.

AhHA! I think you're right... Fox News is Muslim- wait, what!?! That explains a lot. (this is a joke y'all)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vaeternus

I think these days Someone, some where will get offended by something despite conservative, liberal Whatever. Its one reason why politicians are so damn politically correct these days even if its not necessary.

At awesam, so much wrong with that comment dont know where to begin but pretty sure fox dont hate muslims...you can be conservative and not hate muslims you know, stop watching pmsnbc.

Gotta love these topics a anything with christians, muslims, jews and conservatives and the threads come pouring with ignorance like the moth to the flame...

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@inlife said:

Conservative Muslims are idiotic bitches.

No Caption Provided

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lykopis

I think this thread should be deleted, let alone locked.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Why? Why not just flat the fools?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some are some aren't. Probably the most conservative muslim are. It comes down to how or what you put into the term conservative muslims.

@jointron33:

Also, ever heard of the comic called "The 99"? I think it's a testament to comics being for everyone no matter what religion you are

First of all the 99 comic has met problems for it. For instance some feel they are drawing Muhammed because they are drawing people with the same names/benefits as him. The concept of the comic is that Muhammed has 99 names and now there are coming 99 heroes with the name however the powers is not directly connect to Muhammed himself.As far as I know there aren't any nudity or anything like that in the comic. You can easily be offended be a topic in a comic and be fine with another. Being offended by american comics doesn't mean you are against comics.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: I didn't quite understand your post. Could you please explain more clearly?

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tupiaz

@akindoodle said:

@tupiaz: I didn't quite understand your post. Could you please explain more clearly?

The 99 is about regular people getting super powers like the attributes/names giving to Muhammed. Muhammed has 99 attributes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_and_Titles_of_Muhammad Some conservative muslims feels therefore they are drawing Muhammed which is against the practice of islam. Maybe you remember the trouble Denmark was in because different artist had drawn Muhammed. So The 99 has met problem by conservative muslim in general though it is a big success.

Also you can like some comic and dislike other by it context. So just because some muslims like The 99 doesn't mean the american comics aren't haraam (sinful). Most conservative muslim would probably see it a such. The question is whatever they would thing it it should be illegal. Drawing or seeing female like they are dressed in superhero comics would therefore for some muslim be wrong to watch/read. Those who think that american mainstream comics is haraam can easily think that The 99 is fine. Therefor just because some muslim like The 99 doesn't mean the support mainstream american comics. However there has been a crossover between JLA and The 99 so there most at least from the creators side by a level of acceptance.

My point is that some muslims see both comics as haraam (but for different reasons). Some only sees American mainstream as haraam and some sees neither of the comics as haraam. It is an individual question and you can't make the assumption that just because there is an Arab mainstream superhero comics means that they support an American mainstream superhero comic.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: Oh. I knew that. I just meant that it's cool that it was created by a Muslim and is acceptable to a number of them. Obviously what is defined as sinful text is determined by the opinions of individuals. But thanks for clarifying yourself anyway

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: No problem. It kinds of annoys me that The 99 hasn't been released as a trade in English yet.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Its sad when I look at a thread and I literally come up with nothing in my head...............

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

Its sad when I look at a thread and I literally come up with nothing in my head...............

Probably because it's already been hacked to death with spewed garbage. It's just...grotesque at this point. It's not you, laflux -- this time, it's all the thread's doing. **pats back comfortingly**

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amutant: I loved how you've tried to turn a thread which has negative comments about muslims into a pity party for the so called "oppressed christians" in another thread.

Could work on the subtlety but nice work.....