#1 Posted by MonsterStomp (20404 posts) - - Show Bio

My 20th is this Saturday. I haven't celebrated since my 12th. Is it even worth celebrating?

#2 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#3 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

"Worth" is subjective. It all depends on the person. I believe birthdays are definitely worth celebrating. Whether others do is up to them.

#4 Edited by MonsterStomp (20404 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberchop979: Yeah I'm kind of putting the question out there for feedback of other peoples experiences. I have never celebrated my adulthood, and I just want to know if its worth it. Just one night of letting loose.

EDITED

#5 Posted by Nefarious (22905 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes because life would be suck if I did not.

#6 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18718 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so.

#7 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be interested in why you wouldn't want to?

Celebrating birthday I guess can be see as healthy as it reminds yourself that you're of value and importance to the world. Also, it's always nice to have an excuse to Paaaartayyy.

#8 Edited by Samimista (21019 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyday should be worth celebrating! Life is a beautiful gift. =D

#9 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

NO.

Unless you want to make yourself feel good and mature, yeah...

#10 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

20th idk but when you hit the big 21 you have to throw a huge party with your bros

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Any excuse to eat cake, right?

#12 Edited by wildvine (10367 posts) - - Show Bio

My 20th is this Saturday. I haven't celebrated since my 12th. Is it even worth celebrating?

Yes. You have survived 20 years. That is a big deal

#13 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7856 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. So many people so unhappy with their lives, at least dedicate one day of your life to just being happy. So why not make it the day you're born?

#14 Edited by russellmania77 (15819 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if its my birthday

#15 Posted by Samimista (21019 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget the presents! =D

#16 Edited by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

Free cake and present's. One of my Achilles heels. Another being hearing boogie woogie and simply not being able to resist the fire of dance inside of me!

#17 Edited by Samimista (21019 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@samimista said:

@innervenom123 said:

Free cake and present's. One of my Achilles heels. Another being hearing boogie woogie and simply not being able to resist the fire of dance inside of me!

=D Boogie Oogie does the Boogie Woogie! The hokey pokey is fun too. o-o Even though I never know which foot you're supposed to shake all about. D=

#18 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, I mean it's not like you're ever the one paying.

#19 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Escaped death for another year, hooray!

#20 Posted by Markies (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, i never really feel like celebrating my birthday and when i do, it's for friends/family to make them feel better. I just feel like a birthday is an obligation for someone else to do something for me. So i prefer it if they just throw a random party on a random day so i know it's something they actually enjoy? I guess i'm just weird like that. Haha

#21 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

Cake makes things worth celebrating.

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely.

#23 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12419 posts) - - Show Bio

what if you hate cake?

#24 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (26005 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't celebrated a birthday since I was 10.

#26 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

"Worth" is subjective. It all depends on the person. I believe birthdays are definitely worth celebrating. Whether others do is up to them.

completely this

#27 Posted by Jonez120 (5158 posts) - - Show Bio

Every year?!? I celebrate every day I have been out of that wretched woom.

#28 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Dernman (15745 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12419 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Don't really like pie either

#32 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#33 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by AssertingValor (5456 posts) - - Show Bio

Only when your young or when your old, then every year is like a gift lol. My grandparents are almost 100, they knw what im talkin about lol

#35 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#37 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Birthdays are worth celebrating if the birthday person wants to celebrate it. For me, I plan to lose my mind on my birthday and hopefully I will forget most of it. Last year, it passed with no fanfare, which was perfect. No hard and fast rule. :)

#38 Edited by SC (13365 posts) - - Show Bio

People are worth celebrating, all the time, every time. Birthdays, like Christmas, and other occasions, whether they be novel and random, or consistent and expected can sometimes allow a person to be a bit more courageous about showing love, warmth and appreciation to others. Birthdays are a pretty cool time to show appreciation for a friend, then again why wait for a persons Birthday to do that? I guess it depends on the person, I feel like I would freak out most of my friends if I told them how much I care about them so I usually wait until their birthdays for that kind of sentimental crap. =p

Then again I have only actually experienced one celebratory Birthday type Birthday thing for myself since I was like 2 so.

#39 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

get off your but and celebrate you are 1 year closer to dying. and smile about it.

#40 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the person.There are people that just don't like celebrating their birthdays due to some reasons they believe in (like:getting old,spending too much money and etc.) but there are people like me who just can't skip the celebration.I tried one year to skip my birthday and just do almost nothing and after that I was really sad that I didn't manage to celebrate with my friends or family.

#41 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

get off your but and celebrate you are 1 year closer to dying. and smile about it.

This.

#42 Posted by longbowhunter (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't genuinely celebrated my birthday in years. It's hard to do on December 25th so I just gave up. Though I am eyeing some some Jeff Lemire art to buy myself this year on my birthday.

#43 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20255 posts) - - Show Bio

They're fun. That's enough, isn't it?