• 59 results
#1 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

Please watch this whole video, and discuss it. This is strange as hell, and I can't see how any of it is a hoax. Sorry if this has been posted already, but if not, watch and tell me what you think...

#2 Posted by The Stegman (28071 posts) - - Show Bio

they better hurry up, the world is gonna end in less than a year

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

they better hurry up, the world is gonna end in less than a year

Lol. i smell sarcasm?

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (14075 posts) - - Show Bio

they're already here

#5 Posted by The Stegman (28071 posts) - - Show Bio

maaaaaybe
#6 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10489 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
   maaaaaybe

#7 Posted by spystreak (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

they are already here and the sightings have been happening for thousands of years it's only being considered more widespread nowadays because of our video recording technology

#8 Posted by SuperTide (15723 posts) - - Show Bio

No, no theyre not.

#9 Posted by CATPANEXE (9505 posts) - - Show Bio

Just don't forget where your towel is and you'll be okay!

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

No. If we were to encounter any aliens, they would be extremely hostile with a mindset to simply enslave us, take over our planet for resources, or just exterminate us. They would have no other reason to travel thousands of light years otherwise.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: they could just accidentally crash here or maybe show up for some interplanetary safari type thing

#12 Edited by CATPANEXE (9505 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

Unless they were actually going somewhere past Earth of interest to them, and just stopped to use the bathroom and eat some of the delicious local fungus.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE: noone ever considers that possibility, its always their here to conquer us or deliver so message, no one likes to think of earth as a possible intergalactic rest stop

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: @CATPANEXE: I appreciate that you guys have a sense of humour about this topic, but in all honesty (IMO at least), any "aliens" would be hostile to us.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: That's only if the have a similar mentality to humans, its at least possible they could have peaceful intentions or just as possible that they simply won't care about the planet and just stop to prevent a case of cabin fever

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I highly doubt it. If they have the technology to travel throughout the galaxy/universe, then it is highly probable that they would be able to determine our planet's status or gather information via probe of some sort. But when it comes to physical contact, it wouldn't be peaceful.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: they could see us as animals and as such wouldn't feel the need to attack us, yes its possible that they could be violent, but the ability to defeat someone doesn't automatically mean they'd want to

#18 Edited by King Saturn (217992 posts) - - Show Bio
I am so sick of these are aliens coming or are aliens real questions... the muthafackers are already here on Earth !
#19 Posted by CATPANEXE (9505 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@joshmightbe: @CATPANEXE: I appreciate that you guys have a sense of humour about this topic, but in all honesty (IMO at least), any "aliens" would be hostile to us.

Not to me they won't. I'm a people person. You just need to know the Universal Greeting.

#20 Edited by SpidermanWins (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox News? Why am I not surprised here? The aliens were right in front of us!

#21 Posted by catfightfan (656 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the end of the Mayan calendar on December 22, 2012 might not mean the end of the planet, but that aliens might return to Earth on that date?

#22 Posted by AmazingFantasy15 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the video shows evidence for aliens, a lot of it can be explained, for example some of the disc shaped objects in the sky are probably lenticular clouds whereas the lights could be aircrafts, flares or ball lightning. I don’t know what some of the things shown on the video are but I’m trying to make the point that they could have explanations for them other than them being aliens. Also if aliens did come to Earth I doubt they would be hostile because there’s nothing on Earth that they could want, any resources we have they couldn’t get from a closer planet or asteroid etc. without having to fight with locals, other than resources all we have is us but what could we do for them they couldn’t do much better themselves or with robots or something. The only other reason they might invade, assuming they are mentally like us, is simply to conquer but if they have ships that can reach us then they would have to move at such great speeds that if a small asteroid or something hit the ship the impact would be the equivalent of hundreds of atomic bombs so with ships that tough and whatever other extremely advanced technology they have they could conquer us at any time so why wait?

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: See us as animals? I don't imagine a highly advanced race who are able to traverse the galaxy to feel remorse for us simply because we are technologically impaired compared to them. As I mentioned before, considering they would have to travel thousands of light years to visit our Solar system/Galaxy, while guessing that they already have visited multiple planets similar to ours, I doubt their only reason to stop by our planet would be to admire us or make peace.

Think what humans would do? The film Avatar is a prime example, hell our own history is the best example. Every time a new land was discovered, the inhabitants were wiped out or colonized. I have no doubt any advanced extraterrestrial race would do the same.

#24 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

@AmazingFantasy15:

How could you explain the Jerusalem one?

#25 Edited by Daveyo520 (2469 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by SpidermanWins (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@AmazingFantasy15:

How could youexplain the Jerusalem one?

OMG its JESUS! O_O

#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29814 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

No. If we were to encounter any aliens, they would be extremely hostile with a mindset to simply enslave us, take over our planet for resources, or just exterminate us. They would have no other reason to travel thousands of light years otherwise.

Aside from the off-chance that they just want an intergalactic tentacle orgy.

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Aside from the off-chance that they just want an intergalactic tentacle orgy.

My bad, how could I have forgotten about that crucial piece of the puzzle.

#29 Posted by SKRULLCATEXE (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Aside from the off-chance that the human race just wants an intergalactic tentacle orgy.

Fixed. And no , we won't be able to provide that opportunity, we're here on an intergalactic science study. That and to kidnap your political leaders and farmers, but you already knew this.

Your thinking of the Centurain's, and they won't be passing through your system for another seven hundred zurls.

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: that's my point exactly, you're looking at it in a way where the aliens would think like humans do, but it is possible they'd have a completely different thought process than we do, it could be a race that abandoned violence and just wants to explore. I'm not trying to say that's how it'd be just that it is possible for non violent contact being made

#31 Posted by Caligula (12661 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they are real. (but i'm a natural born skeptic)

#32 Posted by The Impersonator (6400 posts) - - Show Bio

The truth is out there. But the aliens are not here....yet. =P

#33 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4888 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@Deranged Midget: that's my point exactly, you're looking at it in a way where the aliens would think like humans do, but it is possible they'd have a completely different thought process than we do, it could be a race that abandoned violence and just wants to explore. I'm not trying to say that's how it'd be just that it is possible for non violent contact being made

The fact they have superior technology is a sign of nonviolence. Any destructive species might have wiped themselves out long before any sort of contact.
#34 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Caligula: Statistically speaking there has to be some form of life outside of earth, that's not a belief it's a numerical fact

#35 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

Not coming.

#36 Posted by Caligula (12661 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@Caligula: Statistically speaking there has to be some form of life outside of earth, that's not a belief it's a numerical fact

my skepticism was not towards the aliens themselves. but the validity of the videos.
#37 Edited by nickthedevil (14767 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, the only thing coming is my groove for tonight.

IT... WILL.... BE....LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Caligula: I agree about the videos their most likely total bullsh*t cause while I fully believe in life on other planets I do doubt they'd come all this way to put on a light show or probe red necks

#39 Posted by Wise Son (1796 posts) - - Show Bio

2012 is going to be the best year ever!!

#40 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

If there truly is intelligent life currently traversing the cosmos, why in the holy heck would they give us a second glace, aside from scientific curiosity? We're steadily destroying our own world, and can only work up anything resembling enthusiasm when we're killing each other. If anything, I'd wager the UFOs are blockade ships designed to prevent us from spreading our filth beyond our own solar system.

#41 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I was basically outlining instinctive, animal nature, not "human" nature. But hey, everyone has their own belief. I explained mine.

#42 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: that's animal behavior as we know it on Earth but there is no proof that animals behave the same on Earth as they would else where in the universe, I'm not saying hostility isn't a possibility just that it isn't the only possibility. There are too many potential variables, for instance what if the alien race that visits Earth are creatures that didn't need to develop much aggression due to lack of natural competition, or they could be a culture that has abandoned violence and are just exploring for the sake of exploring, or perhaps they'd like to establish trade with our world, hell for all we know the aliens could show up and ask us to be an intergalactic gas station. My point is it's something you can't know until it happens.

#43 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Perhaps, but as I mentioned before, an advanced race would be able to "explore" our planet by other means that just physical. My point is that is they ever needed to visit our planet, it would not be for the purpose to make friends considering the amount of technology at their hands to allow them for information gathering.

#44 Posted by desperado_ (323 posts) - - Show Bio

There are no such things. UFO's aren't alien spaceships they are government owned and used to scare people. 50 bucks says an alien attack happens in December 2012 next year in order to strike fear in people in order to form a New World Order....

So ive heard. Don't look at me like that.... STOP IT!

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Not having to do something is no reason not to do it. I could look on Google earth and check out Hawii but that doesn't mean I'd have no non violent reason to personally go there

#46 Posted by Duncan (11469 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care if it's real or not but some of that footage was f#cking cool.

#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Bringing up Hawaii is completely out of context.

#48 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I was making a point, we currently have the technology to explore anywhere we want on the planet but seeing something on a screen is totally different than going and seeing something in person and if an individual or group were true explorers they wouldn't be satisfied with merely seeing pictures of a new place they'd want to come check it out themselves. And not everyone who wants to explore has violence in mind and even if some did there's no saying the entire race would be cool with the plan

#49 Edited by spystreak (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@joshmightbe: Perhaps, but as I mentioned before, an advanced race would be able to "explore" our planet by other means that just physical. My point is that is they ever needed to visit our planet, it would not be for the purpose to make friends considering the amount of technology at their hands to allow them for information gathering.

exactly people often think that advanced Technology brings understanding but if you look at history people with advanced technology have never been about understanding like how european settlers used their advanced Technology to slaughter native americans or how the Germans in WW2 used their technology for killing innocent people as well as their enemies. we can't even trust our neighbors anymore so how will we be able to trust beings from another dimension(no I don't they're are from space not the greys atleast considering reports of alien abductions mentions them phasing in from the walls or from seemingly out of nowhere and I doubt missing time would occur if a person was in a starship unless it's travelling through dimensions and even then if you could open up a wormhole through dimensions into a house or on the ground why would you need a ship?)

#50 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@spystreak: the problem with the statement is that it assumes the aliens would have the same thought process as humans which may not be the case, they could potentially have a completely different nature that doesn't give them the motivation to be aggressive toward us.