Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pfcoolio14

I have a question.

Do you think that Ofelia really went to the Underworld place at the end.

Or do you think she died and it was all in her imagination?

NicholasAgot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14: Hell yah I did!!! Awesome movie by the way.

Yes she did, think about it.....She really did NOT wanna live in a world LIKE THAT!!!

She wanted to get out of it so bad That she listened to a FAWN A FUC_ING FAWN!!

You know what fawns do to children. I sure she was aware of that.

She listened to the fawn to get to the underworld.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't care I prefer it to be an ambiguous ending without deciding a clear definite decision. It adds to the mystique and quality of the film. But regardless of all that, the movie was superb and an amazing masterpiece of film making.... which was followed by Hellboy 2....

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DocStrange

She appeared delusional. Horrid ending to an otherwise imaginative and visually engaging piece.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Good flick. she am dead.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved that movie -- loved it and my heart hurt something terrible after watching it.

Take it the way you want to -- you can leave that question unanswered, or you can believe she did enter the Underworld or you can be like me, who watched the film wishing so hard the world Ofelia immersed herself in existed so she could escape the awful one she truly resided in. I still wept at the end because I couldn't help but accept her reality as I felt she deserved mourning from at least someone.

Brilliant film.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never seen it but it looks creepy and weird... I WANT TO SEE IT THOUGH!

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved that movie

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@vortex13 said:

I don't care I prefer it to be an ambiguous ending without deciding a clear definite decision. It adds to the mystique and quality of the film. But regardless of all that, the movie was superb and an amazing masterpiece of film making.... which was followed by Hellboy 2....

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Ugh. I love Guillermo but that movie was a heap of dogsh**.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Ugh. I love Guillermo but that movie was a heap of dogsh**.

???? That's the first criticism I've ever heard about it. I mean, fair enough....i was just surprised to hear that.

Awesome film. I believe it was all in her head, so when she died, she died.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: I thought the movie was kind of stupid at first, but the moment the girl eats the grape I facepalmed so hard my hand went out the back of my head. Then it just got worse from there. It had a decent atmosphere but couldn't find its balance -- I get the Guillermo Del Toro likes to balance harsh, dark realism with childlike fantasy and usually it works (Are You Afraid Of The Dark) to great effect. This movie, however, did not work for me in the slightest. I hated the protagonist for being a willful b****, thought the fawn was a bullying snake, and thought everyone else was basically superfluous, telling another story (a WAR story) that I cared about even less than the story I had already come for and been disappointed in. *deep breath* Also it was in spanish.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

This movie was sad. But if you guys really want sad then watch the Orphanage (El orfanato). That movie was so depressing in the end once everything came into light.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Great film, I like to think of it the same way as I do Joe the Barbarian.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was young and don't remember what it was about .. I just remember the thing with wings that was in Hellboy 2 and the demon with the eyes in its hands ! Need to rewatch it

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joygirl
Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@optimuspalm: I thought the movie was kind of stupid at first, but the moment the girl eats the grape I facepalmed so hard my hand went out the back of my head. Then it just got worse from there. It had a decent atmosphere but couldn't find its balance -- I get the Guillermo Del Toro likes to balance harsh, dark realism with childlike fantasy and usually it works (Are You Afraid Of The Dark) to great effect. This movie, however, did not work for me in the slightest. I hated the protagonist for being a willful b****, thought the fawn was a bullying snake, and thought everyone else was basically superfluous, telling another story (a WAR story) that I cared about even less than the story I had already come for and been disappointed in. *deep breath* Also it was in spanish.

Yes to all of this, HOWEVER.. upon further reflection (and now knowing how kids actually do behave) I feel her eating the grape was exactly what a little girl would do in those circumstances, feeling empowered by her newfound lineage and ability and wanting to test a boundary. The subtitles were a bit much, but they added an otherworldly feel to it, almost like I was reading a fairytale that was unfolding before my eyes. As for the rest of the cast and the war, it only really serves to mark a place in time and a sense of being overwhelmed- something the girl feels all the time, but we as viewers needed to find ourselves mired in something external that we couldn't control either.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Yes to all of this, HOWEVER.. upon further reflection (and now knowing how kids actually do behave) I feel her eating the grape was exactly what a little girl would do in those circumstances, feeling empowered by her newfound lineage and ability and wanting to test a boundary. The subtitles were a bit much, but they added an otherworldly feel to it, almost like I was reading a fairytale that was unfolding before my eyes. As for the rest of the cast and the war, it only really serves to mark a place in time and a sense of being overwhelmed- something the girl feels all the time, but we as viewers needed to find ourselves mired in something external that we couldn't control either.

Well-spoken, but it does not change how I felt about the film. For entertainment purposes, it had no value to me.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie was sad. But if you guys really want sad then watch the Orphanage (El orfanato). That movie was so depressing in the end once everything came into light.

I will -- and there is another one called Life is Beautiful (La vita è bella) and it was amazing. Warning: it's in Italian but come with English subtitles. IIRC it won best foreign film Oscar, or maybe even best film overall. Anyway - it's the kind of films I find myself gravitated to. Thank you for your suggestion. :)

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis:

Life is Beautiful was a great movie. I've seen it like 3 times.

Another good Italian movie would be Bicycle Thief (Ladri di biciclette). It's a very old movie (1948 irc) and displays the tough economic times Italians faced post WWII.

Beijing Bicycle is another great movie as well. It's a Chinese movie and was made in 2001 irc. It was banned in China for a couple of years because it showcased them in a bad light.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf:

You are a treasure trove of good recommendations. Those both sound like movies I would enjoy. Thanks again!

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By russellmania77

You remind me of the babe

The babe wt the power

The power of voodoo

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I watched it in Spanish class like 5 years ago. I don't remember anything besides the dude with hand-eyes. but I know I liked it back then