#1 Posted by RogueShadow (9814 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm planning on making some fully functioning web-shooters. Any tips? What's the optimum? Piston design, pressurised containers for easy release Or purely mechanical?

(Also does anyone know an equation to calculate Newtons per square inches are required to achieve desired force to ensure required the web actually gets far enough. Also I'm aware that there are no actual web equivalents. Unless someone's working for some secret lab somewhere and wants to help a nerd out.

#2 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueShadow:

The webshooters themselves seem to be the "easy" part of Spider-Man's designs. They just metal(?) wristbands with little loaders attacked for the webbing and most likely a piston like design for firing the webbing as you mentioned in the OP.

It's the webbing itself that would prove impossible to duplicate and because that even a functioning webshooter wouldn't actually be able to duplicate the comic versions abilities.

Not to mention you'd need Spidey's physical stats to be able to pull of his crazy web slinging stunts.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22217 posts) - - Show Bio

web shooters would be REALLY hard to make....besides the fact that the webbing is impossible to make...the webbing doesn't come out of the shooter in one strand...it actually fires lots of thin strands that are twisted by a mechanism in the shooter into one strand

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4391 posts) - - Show Bio

Found you some blue prints for web shooters good luck:

#5 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Carry around two cans of white silly string.

#6 Posted by Oblivions_Child (59 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I'd like this to come to fruition and wish you the most luck here, I don't think this is feasible.

#7 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Strap them to a belt and you have the Spider-Belt(does that thing even have a name?)

#8 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Travel back to 2004, bring $25, and arrive at 3122 Chestnut blvd. I'm sure child me will sell them to you, complete with back-up canisters and the mask they came with. Beats Toys R Us' price by alot.

#9 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

#10 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Travel back to 2004, bring $25, and arrive at 3122 Chestnut blvd. I'm sure child me will sell them to you, complete with back-up canisters and the mask they came with. Beats Toys R Us' price by alot.

LOL I used to have those.

#11 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Do not heed the naysayers nor worry about equations. Research materials and plug away at some initial protoypes. No matter the outcome you will learn a great deal and have a lot of fun. Good Luck!

This site might help you with your quest. http://realwebtech.webs.com/theory

#12 Posted by Sherlock (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Silly string.DONE!