Anyone know how to make Webshooters?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

So I'm planning on making some fully functioning web-shooters. Any tips? What's the optimum? Piston design, pressurised containers for easy release Or purely mechanical?

(Also does anyone know an equation to calculate Newtons per square inches are required to achieve desired force to ensure required the web actually gets far enough. Also I'm aware that there are no actual web equivalents. Unless someone's working for some secret lab somewhere and wants to help a nerd out.

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@RogueShadow:

The webshooters themselves seem to be the "easy" part of Spider-Man's designs. They just metal(?) wristbands with little loaders attacked for the webbing and most likely a piston like design for firing the webbing as you mentioned in the OP.

It's the webbing itself that would prove impossible to duplicate and because that even a functioning webshooter wouldn't actually be able to duplicate the comic versions abilities.

Not to mention you'd need Spidey's physical stats to be able to pull of his crazy web slinging stunts.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

web shooters would be REALLY hard to make....besides the fact that the webbing is impossible to make...the webbing doesn't come out of the shooter in one strand...it actually fires lots of thin strands that are twisted by a mechanism in the shooter into one strand

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ms__omega

Found you some blue prints for web shooters good luck:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for oblivions_child
Oblivions_Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Oblivions_Child

As much as I'd like this to come to fruition and wish you the most luck here, I don't think this is feasible.

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Carry around two cans of white silly string.

Strap them to a belt and you have the Spider-Belt(does that thing even have a name?)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KnightRise

Travel back to 2004, bring $25, and arrive at 3122 Chestnut blvd. I'm sure child me will sell them to you, complete with back-up canisters and the mask they came with. Beats Toys R Us' price by alot.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Carry around two cans of white silly string.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sideslash

@KnightRise said:

Travel back to 2004, bring $25, and arrive at 3122 Chestnut blvd. I'm sure child me will sell them to you, complete with back-up canisters and the mask they came with. Beats Toys R Us' price by alot.

LOL I used to have those.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheDude123

Do not heed the naysayers nor worry about equations. Research materials and plug away at some initial protoypes. No matter the outcome you will learn a great deal and have a lot of fun. Good Luck!

This site might help you with your quest. http://realwebtech.webs.com/theory

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sherlock

Silly string.DONE!