Anyone know anything about history here?

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theshinygible

I've made several similar posts to this to raise awareness for this CaV tournament I'm making. Unfortunately, I can't get many people to join. The main problem seems to be that a lot of people say that it's an interesting concept, but they don't know anything about history. I can't continue to PM people so I guess I'll publically ask this:

Does anyone here know anything about history?

Specifically historic warfare. A lot of the more famous warriors were taken early (i.e. Spartan, Mongol, knight) but there are still nine warriors remaining out of sixteen that are kind of obscure. So if you do know anything about the

Zulu Impi

Apache

Scottish highlander

Swiss pikeman/guard and/or a

Comanche

then consider visiting this page: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-greatest-warriors-tournament-2-0-1676708/

Thank you.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there are no history buffs?

:(

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only know about things during the gunpowder age. Sorry bro

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lol I only recognize the Zulu Impi from playing Civilization.

Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironspiderchan45:

If you'd like to learn more about this Zulu impi (and maybe get better at plating Civ as the Zulus) would you consider joining the tournament?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

I am extremely interested in history. While I personally have no interest in entering the tournament, I would be interested in observing. I think it would be fascinating; tag me when you begin, please.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ElderSkaar

no im a dumb lad who only cares about my clothing style and my hair.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By magnablue

tiny bit

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: If any of these warriors seem familiar to you, would you consider joining the tourney?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know about history, but the issue isn't as simple as knowing history. It is knowing fighting styles. It is trying to take away the group aspect of these warriors and setting them in 1v1. We take away military tactics and formations that make some of these warriors great.

Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theshinygible: meh okay I choose Roman triari

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/images/r_545x/Product/67805/HAT9017.jpg%253Fts%253D1287469528&imgrefurl=https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/products/HAT9017?HAT%25201/32%2520Roman%2520Triarii?HAT%25201/32%2520Roman%2520Triarii&h=407&w=545&tbnid=JDmpHKzxfi1e-M:&zoom=1&docid=3sZzpxgYepDO6M&hl=en&ei=jDtmVbWmF9fioAS__oPoCw&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCYQMygBMAE

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironspiderchan45: Is it similar enough to a centurion that you could mold your argument around the latter?

Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ironspiderchan45
theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By theshinygible

Bump

We have 11/16 spots filled and we are starting some matches soon, but we can't complete the tournament until every warrior is represented.

This has gotten people's attention and I'm grateful for that, but the obscure warriors (pretty much every fighter left) are still untouched.

If you enjoy military history and debating, go to the link in the OP because this is the thread for you.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Free internet cookie to everyone else who joins

lol

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've made several similar posts to this to raise awareness for this CaV tournament I'm making. Unfortunately, I can't get many people to join. The main problem seems to be that a lot of people say that it's an interesting concept, but they don't know anything about history. I can't continue to PM people so I guess I'll publically ask this:

Does anyone here know anything about history?

Specifically historic warfare. A lot of the more famous warriors were taken early (i.e. Spartan, Mongol, knight) but there are still nine warriors remaining out of sixteen that are kind of obscure. So if you do know anything about the

Zulu Impi

Apache

English longbowman

Swiss pikeman/guard and/or a

Comanche

then consider visiting this page: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-greatest-warriors-tournament-2-0-1676708/

Thank you.

Nope

Nope

The English Longbow was developed from the Welsh Longbow. It took a long time to master but it offered greater accuracy and power than a standard bow, and was instrumental in Britian's early victories against France in the 100 years war

Swiss Pikemen where renowed Mecenaries. Because the enviroment of the Swiss meant training horses was difficult, they instead focused on creating efficient and well trained infantry

Nope

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

Would you consider joining as the pikeman then? All I need is for the pikeman or comanche to be taken and this madness can end. Lol