#1 Posted by Kratosrules1982 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

think Disney buying Lucasfilm is good, reasons:

Afterall Lucas felt like he was abused long enough by fans for the prequels, Indiana Jones 4, the tinkering of the OT, forgetting his promise to release the untouched with original trilogy on BD etc. plus Red Tails which was produced by him was a HUGE bomb in theaters last year and he calls it quits as he decides to retire from filmmaking and i think he made a smart move by selling his company and property to Disney.

Lucas had a friendship with Disney for a long time as he was one of the first kids to be at Disneyland when it first opened and he made those cool attractions based on Indy and SW at the parks especially Captain EO. Pixar was once one of his companies before Disney bought them in 2006 and i'm sure Disney will take good care of his company as he is now supporting his new family.

Afterall Disney did wonders with other properties they acquired like Marvel, Pixar, Ghibli and The Muppets and they also own ESPN and ABC which is nice. And they'll treat Lucasfilm/SW/Indy with respect like those other brands i mentioned.

Plus they hired GOOD writers especially the talented Michael Arndt who did the great screenplay to Toy Story 3 and a fine director for episode 7 who stated he is more SW fan than Star Trek fan as he is leaving ST for something he is more comfortable with. Lucas is out of the picture without his control and both Indiana Jones/SW are in good hands.

Plus we'll get SW/Indy/Lucasfilmland soon at Disneyworld which should be awesome and should come out 2016. Next we'll get some new SW toons with possibly a Indy toon (i can dream can i?) with new Lucasfilm stuff like maybe a Monkey Island animated movie.

And i hear this will be filmed in ACTUAL locations than all digital like the prequels and filmed on film rather than digital and will have LESS CGI but not too much but mainly practical effects (they did a comeback with Evil Dead remake) to be in the spirit of the old trilogy including a reunion of the original cast.

I'm happy cause Lucas won't be in control of his stuff anymore as he ruined SW and Indy with the prequels and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as he was too much in control and not to mention over the years he refused to released the original cuts as he keeps butchering, torturing, mutilating and defacing the OT on DVD and blu-ray but i'm glad he's gone and away as they hired a real director for episode 7 and better writers. And maybe by 2016 Disney/Fox can collabrate together for a boxset of the OT with episode 7 and the OT can finally have the untampered, unbastardnized original theatrical cuts at all restored and remastered for HD.

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

Little late to the party on this one. Every one has left and have a hangover.

#3 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9084 posts) - - Show Bio

One step closer to world domination....

#4 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7583 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they won't desecrate the quality aspects of the universe, that's all I'm hoping really

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24606 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they won't desecrate the quality aspects of the universe, that's all I'm hoping really

They couldn't possibly Jar Jar it up as bad as Lucas himself did. And yes I used Jar Jar as a verb in place of a word I'm not allowed to post on comicvine.

#6 Edited by Rouflex (14880 posts) - - Show Bio

Illuminati is already on the run my friend! They are watching us!

#7 Edited by laidblack (779 posts) - - Show Bio

Not until I see the results.

#8 Posted by JediXMan (29571 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Ill wait and see if they do more with Lucas arts other Ips, Monkey Island, Loom, Sam an Max ets...

A Sam and Max cartoon or dare I wish, Pixar movie, would be a nostalgic treat like no other ;)

#10 Edited by joshmightbe (24606 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex said:

@saint_rog_el said:

The illuminati have nothing on Disney, tho Disney will eventually own them as well.

#11 Edited by JediXMan (29571 posts) - - Show Bio

@rouflex said:

@saint_rog_el said:

The illuminati have nothing on Disney, tho Disney will eventually own them as well.

Not happening. The Illuminati is Google.

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24606 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Disney will have google, it is foretold in the prophecies (That I just made up)

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32728 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, if anything it's a way for fresh talent to have a go at a huge expansive universe that's just ripe for story telling

#14 Edited by Rouflex (14880 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@rouflex said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@jedixman said:
@joshmightbe said:

@rouflex said:

@saint_rog_el said:

Not happening. The Illuminati is Google.

Illuminati=Google,Mcdonald,Walmart,CocaCola,Disney,Microsoft with their Kinect...

#15 Edited by MaccyD (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't care about Star Wars, but some new Indie films would be interesting.

@hillbillymorangie-isn't Sam and Max not a telltale property now? Plus, I'm sure the satire would be lost in trying to make it family-friendly.

#16 Posted by Darling_Luna (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Star wars fans are never happy, at least since the 70's : P

#17 Posted by MaccyD (3548 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Farkam (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm impartial to it.

#19 Posted by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested to see what they do and who they do it with, but I'm just gonna set my expectations real low. For obvious reasons.

#20 Posted by Immortal777 (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Idc either way but Disney canceling Star Wars 1313 wasn't a good start to me.

#21 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23224 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by The_Tree (7213 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah.

More movies, less Lucas. It's a dream come true.

#23 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

for me it is a yes and a no answer. yes because we finally get episodes 7 - 9. the no is the spinoffs plus all game rights going to ea for 10 years. 50/50 man

#24 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...talk about current events.

/sarcasm?

#25 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9084 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

/sarcasm?

Make's me wanna start a thread titled "We finally have a black president!"

#26 Posted by ShootingNova (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see.

Disney cancelled too much so far.

#27 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

After i saw a disney movie last night i'm just worried everyone will start singing...

#28 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

After i saw a disney movie last night i'm just worried everyone will start singing...

**sings "the cold never bothered me anyway!!!!!" while twirling 'round and 'round and not getting hypothermia**

#29 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Stop reminding me!!!! Or i'll send the gay couple of Sir Prancelot and ... Did we ever name that snowman?..

#30 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross:

lol -- uhm no, but considering the plunging of the carrot multiple times by said Sir Prancelot, maybe he can be referred to as Sir Lanced-a-lot? hello? is this mic on?

#31 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: wow... Even for my standards that was just way too punny :p OH wait! Freezer burn! :p

#32 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20630 posts) - - Show Bio

I am happy to see it becoming relevant once again after the almost 10 years since the prequels. Time will tell if I regret this statement.

#35 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care who owns Star Wars.

-$NG

#36 Edited by _Goliath_ (665 posts) - - Show Bio

You dropped Star Wars 1313 fvck you Disney. At least give us another Force Unleashed to chew on for a while.

#37 Posted by JetiiMitra (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not necessarily glad it's Disney but I'm not against them. I am glad there will be more Star Wars films though, so I guess I'm glad Disney has money.

#38 Edited by JetiiMitra (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

You dropped Star Wars 1313 fvck you Disney. At least give us another Force Unleashed to chew on for a while.

SW Battlefront 3?

#39 Posted by _Goliath_ (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: I think that's still coming out right? I don't know what's going on with that, but they will probably make the Death Star be a Universal Studios globe, and Palpatine will probably be Oswald.

#40 Posted by fiodestromus (966 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with it as long as they don't nerf it,there was talk of stopping 1313 aaand BF3 because of game rating.which I feel is a definite sign of trouble even though its back on.

All I;m saying is Disney needs to learn that not everything is kiddish they have both Marvel and LucasArts meaning they need to realize how handle these franchises without damping them..other than that Disney is one of the best when it comes to visual fantasy so I'm kind of happy about and hope to see good things

#41 Posted by JetiiMitra (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

@appleseed: It is, I was just pointing out that Disney isn't leaving gaming Star Wars fans completely out in the cold.

#42 Posted by _Goliath_ (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Oh good, otherwise the four fingered gloves were coming off.

#43 Posted by russellmania77 (14570 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh Idk, I'm not mad but I'm not excited, either way people are gonna be mad no matter what, star wars is gold

#44 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

/sarcasm?

Make's me wanna start a thread titled "We finally have a black president!"

LOL! Wait, what....this has to be a lie! Well, if there can be a black sherrif in Blazing Saddles, then anything is possible.

sorry for the late response. I dont get PM's, so annoying.

#45 Posted by frogdog (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

I must be only person who didn't care 1314

Also force unleashed was garbage.

#46 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7583 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends, on what they do with it and how they handle the legacy.

#47 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

I have mixed feelings about it.