Anyone have a YouTube channel?

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a YouTube channel and some of my videos are getting really popular. So YouTube recommends I should "monetize" or "get a partnership".

What does that mean? I know it has something to do with me getting paid but could someone tell me how it works? I looked all over the Internet and I couldn't find a good description of it.

Also, should I "monetize" my videos? I have a lot of views on them and more likes than dislikes but my videos aren't really good, they are about average.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

What's the name of your channel?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@thegoldenone: I just looked it up and there is a channel called SuperNATEgames so I assume its that.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yokergeist
Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I meant by "a lot of views" is in the thousands, not millions. My video with the most views has only 1,500 views which might not seem like a lot but its going up a lot. A few days ago it only had like 100 views, it's going up about 200-400 views a day.

My YouTube name is my comic vine name: SuperNATEgames.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RedLantern23

I mean you can try, but you arent going to get any real money from it.. A lot of your videos have like 20 views. And you only have 14 subscribers.

And while 1,500 views might seem like a lot, in the grand scheme of youtube its actually quite small. To put it in perspective, youtube usually pays anywhere from 1 to 3 dollars per thousand views. So you're looking at like 3 dollars off your most popular video. Your other videos that have between 20 to 100 views would only make you a couple pennies.

If you are interested in making money off youtube I suggest work on your editing skills a little bit, get a microphone so you can do commentaries and talk during your videos, and build up a fanbase before trying to monetize your videos.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern23:

Thanks. That's what I was planning to do, I just didn't know if monetizing helped increase the views or not.

And with my video with 1,500 views, a few days ago it only had like 100 views so it is going up a lot.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supernategames:

Monetizing does absolutely nothing to help get more viewers. It simply allows youtube to play ads before your video, and they pay you for it.

You COULD join a network (Machinima and TheGameNetwork are two you might have heard of) who give you a split of the ad money as well as help promote your channel. But most network's require a channel to have at least 100 subscribers and 10,000 views a month to be eligible.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

I used to have a Youtube show called "Deadliest Hero" where each week I would pit one hero from Marvel and DC with similar power levels against one another..but I gave that up.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

I got one with 400 subs I think and with like 30-40k video views. I had the momentizes was acheiving partnership, but I didn't have the daily uploads the ask for. I had all HD videos which were popular, but wasn't meeting the upload requirements. Think it was like 5 videos a week or something.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to have a Youtube show called "Deadliest Hero" where each week I would pit one hero from Marvel and DC with similar power levels against one another..but I gave that up.

Why would you give that up? Any way you could hook me up with a link??

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supernategames: my YouTube channel is 242ice and I uploaded my first video last week. It has 10,000 views now.... but of course, that's cause it's a sample of the Flashpoint Paradox movie.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

@joewell said:

@the_stegman said:

Why would you give that up? Any way you could hook me up with a link??

I went to college and became swamped lol, couldn't keep it goin'. And I deleted the account, the videos are long gone I'm afraid.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@the_stegman: Just looked up and found ad deadliest hero video of Batman vs. Wolverine but it wouldn't play :(

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yokergeist

@batman242:

Nice, I checked out your channel and I subscribed. But just to warn you I know these two people who had YouTube channels. Their names are CartoonNetworkToons and YoungJusticeManiax and they both got suspended for posting Flashpoint paradox clips because of copyright.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By KingOfAsh

I've got one. 106 subscribers and 109,800 views. Not partnered.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By IrishX

Our wonderful fellow user here haydenclaireheroes has a youtube channel. Make sure to check out Comic Uno. Not sure if he is still around but mtharman also has videos on youtube at Channel badguy.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a channel with 3 videos and 30k views combining all three. If I decide to monetize now, would I get paid for all my views(30k) or for the views I'll get AFTER monetising?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, same as my user name

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a partnership with YT and been offered one from the TYG, but they wanted 50/50 so I declined since I don't make anything from YT anyway lol and I have nearly 600 subs right now.

You can do it if you wish, but don't expect to get rich off YT or anything unless you're a celebrity or have a viral video which are hard to do.

But I have a youtube, MKF30

I only watch haydenclaires and comicvine from here, only two I know come to speak of it lol