Anyone else thinks that GoT is less and less realistic?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Penderor

After watching season 5, I feel that something is wrong. Most of things happening in GoT are wrong or never makes sense. Tons of pointless deaths, weird actions, stupidity of characters, and I am not even mentioning worse and worse choreography. I understand that TV show needs to be a bit different from the books because of spoilers, but the way they are doing is super stupid. This season has been so far the worst or at least a good candidate for it.

In the season 1, most of the things made sense. Then there were some idiotic movements in season 2, while season 3 was relatively okay. Season 4 was sometimes wrong as well, but nothing of it can compare with this last season.

Anyone agrees? Your opinions?

Sorry for bad english.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

dunno

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

I haven't watched season 5 yet, but from what my friend who has read the books, they've surpassed the book's story and is trying to continue it through the show, while waiting for the next book to come out.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 5 had a few problems, it had reached the part in the books where things got boring and so they needed to create there own shocking moments.

It also had a mix of new boring scenes (Dorne) and a dependence on actors who are not very good at acting and cannot carry a plot on there own (Aryas bit)

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iz nice yah

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This season really contrived the situation in order to create artificial tension. And if next one is any indication it will only get worse.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dude it's based on a book that's about dragons and ice zombies...how realistic do you expect it to be?

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@danhimself:

He meant it lacks logic, when compared with the books.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure as soon as voodoo mumbo jumbo showed up it became totally unrealistic.

Avatar image for batmanwinsbecausewhynot
BatmanWinsBecauseWhyNot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is got

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of 'unrealistic' things?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The last season was definetly the weakest in many ways. It was just the leftovers of the book they used in the previous season, though, hopefully they learn from it and put more effort into it the next seasons.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The last season was definetly the weakest in many ways. It was just the leftovers of the book they used in the previous season, though, hopefully they learn from it and put more effort into it the next seasons.

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

dude it's based on a book that's about dragons and ice zombies...how realistic do you expect it to be?

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Aside from the lame Dorne sections, I thought season 5 was alright. It's not like book 5 was any kind of masterpiece. I actually stopped reading it halfway through because it couldn't hold my interest. It's like most of the characters, especially Dany, are just continuously chasing their tails.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Last season was the worst yet... I hope they pick up.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair they didn't have a ton to work with. It suffered from having to do it's own original stuff while covering some of the book plots at the same time.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

To be fair they didn't have a ton to work with. It suffered from having to do it's own original stuff while covering some of the book plots at the same time.

what book are they at on the show now? wasn't it like the third or fourth book that was really bad? like they introduced a whole bunch of new characters and focused on them with very little focus if any on the preexisting characters like Tyrion, Arya, and Sansa...that's the book where I completely lost interest and stopped reading the books from there out

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

what book are they at on the show now? wasn't it like the third or fourth book that was really bad? like they introduced a whole bunch of new characters and focused on them with very little focus if any on the preexisting characters like Tyrion, Arya, and Sansa...that's the book where I completely lost interest and stopped reading the books from there out

There all over the place, but mostly caught up. They nearly got to current with bran's storyline last season. Jon they went up through most of book five, cut out some stuff and pre did a battle from season 6(since it hasn't come out yet), then he got killed by that nights watch kid. Theon and Arya they're kind of changing around, but are mostly caught up. Season 5 ended with kings landing at where book 5 starts. They completely cut out the foresters(though tell tale is handing a game right now that bring's them up to date). Tyrion was off having non book adventures and become Daenerys adviser, season 5 ended with her getting caught up and seperated(they cut out Aegon). Arya is a bit behind. I think that covers everybody.