Anyone else think the Big Bang is overrated?

• 78 results
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

It's an alright show. People who say it's the funniest show however, have obviously not seen Arrested Development or The Office.

Or always sunny in Philadelphia. Best comedy Show EVA

Man, now THAT is a show that is underrated.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By buttersdaman000

Hate it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jwalser3 said:

@guardiandevil83 said:

I like it. Not the funniest but it does entertain me. Most of the negative criticism I have seen on this site, is that it laughs at the nerd/geek culture and not actually with it. I can laugh at myself, so the show doesn't bother me much. But I did get offended originally. Thing is, those dudes are successful and have hot girls on their arms, which is usually how us nerds wined up.

It's not that is makes fun of comics and video games. It's that it stereotypes them. Like when their apartment got broken into, instead of worrying about credit cards, money, and the electronics and such, Sheldon runs to go see if is comics were still there. I love comics, but if I was broken into I wouldn't care about them being stolen.

@joshmightbe said:

I have no sympathy at all for people who claim to hate this show while having enough knowledge about it to prove they've clearly seen every episode. If you don't like it turn the F**king channel

Not every episode, and ya gotta watch some episodes to actually judge a tv show. So yeah to review and judge a movie/comic/game/show/book you got to sit down and see it for yourself.

Yes but if you aren't a professional critic and you've already decided you don't like it then there is absolutely no logical reason to keep watching just to complain about it. For instance I don't like Annoying Orange, I watched 2 episodes, realized it was the dumbest thing on Earth and stopped watching. Simple as that.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I like it

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Deathstroke02

So now is ok for people to hate good things... Seems legit...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke02: I just don't see why a lot of these people saying they hate it can't seem to quit watching it.

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: When people see something good they instantly say that is overrated... Just like Breaking Bad...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By dernman

@deathstroke02 said:

@joshmightbe: When people see something good they instantly say that is overrated... Just like Breaking Bad...

There is a difference between Breaking Bad and Big Bang Theory though. Breaking Bad gets high rating with both TV critics and fans of the show. So it makes some sense to even bring up the question. Big Bang Theory though hasn't gotten that since maybe the first few seasons. In fact I see more negative feedback from Big Bang Theory than positive. Which is why I object to the question in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I just think it's awful. Only few have said that BB is overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@princearagorn1: In what way?

well.. wasn't funny at all lol

I mean, there are so many better parodies out there of different things.. this one just isn't funny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

I mean, there are so many better parodies out there of different things.. this one just isn't funny.

Its supposed to parody the Big Bang. So it's not funny, just like The Big Bang

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@oscars94 said:

Its supposed to parody the Big Bang. So it's not funny, just like The Big Bang

oh snap

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: My point was simply to ask why people would watch a show they dont like. Even if you only have one tv and someone happens to be watching the show you still have options. Read a book or go online or hell just go outside for a half hour and find something to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: My point was simply to ask why people would watch a show they dont like. Even if you only have one tv and someone happens to be watching the show you still have options. Read a book or go online or hell just go outside for a half hour and find something to do.

I'v tried watching it about 10 times. A lot of my friends watch it, and they don't watch a lot of shows I watch. So I try watching it so I can know hat they are talking about so I don't feel left out when they are talking about it

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joshmightbe: I enjoy spending time with my parents. And usually, when it comes on, it's around 7-8 at night. I'm on my computer anyways most nights but it is still annoying background noise I can't just filter out.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By _Zombie_

So now is ok for people to hate good things... Seems legit...

It's always been perfectly acceptable for people to dislike something. Whether or not it's good or bad is subjective. Some people, like myself, just can't stand it. Others think it's hilarious.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: It was a parody of something of which the creator didn't find funny. I agree with the animator. In my opinion, TBBT is not funny. How it has won awards is beyond me.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@princearagorn1: It was a parody of something of which the creator didn't find funny. I agree with the animator. In my opinion, TBBT is not funny. How it has won awards is beyond me.

okay..

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By _Zombie_

@joshmightbe: It seems rude to listen to music when I'm in the room with my parents. So no.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By joshmightbe

@_zombie_: If you aren't willing to do anything about it then you really have no right to complain, I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind missing 30 minutes a week of family time. And if you can't spend a solid half hour away from your parents then you might have a bigger problem than the quality of a TV show.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigl said:

Yes it's terrible.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By _Zombie_

@joshmightbe: Why are you so adamant on defending this viewpoint? All I did was dare to suggest that you're not entirely right.

I'm 'not willing to do anything about it' because while it's a bad show, I don't mind putting up with it. That doesn't make the show magically above criticism.

Also, resorting to insinuating that I have a problem when I spend, on average, a few hours with my family is a bit pathetic.

This is getting wildly off-topic. Ending this here.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I'm not saying you have to watch every episode. I'm just saying you need to watch more then 10 minutes to judge it, you don't have to be a professional critic yes, but just as you did, you gave it a look at and stopped watching.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By joshmightbe

@_zombie_: You were claiming you had absolutely no alternative to watching it, I was merely pointing out that you were wrong, you have tons of options other than watching the show, not saying you shouldn't spend time with your parents just that maybe you could spend time with them when the show isn't on and then find something else to do for the roughly 30 minutes it is on. Your insistence that the show is some unavoidable thing that you have no choice but to watch is simply ridiculous.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I can't give a fair opinion since I never watched a full episode, but I once tried to sit down and watch it. After about 10 minutes in, I was ready to throw a brick trough the TV. I didn't laugh once and was wondering how this sh*t lasted more than one season. But again, i can't give a fair opinion since I haven't seen a full episode.