• 77 results
#1 Edited by gor724 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not going to be one of those people who says it IS overrated, because all TV is subjective. That being said, it think its the most unfunny, overrated, blandest, piece of sh*t I have ever watched. I have tried to get into it seriously over 10 times, and I didn't laugh once watching any of those episodes. But it seams that all my friends adore the show, they say its hilarious, and they give me the "you just don't get the science jokes" bulls*it, even though i'm the only one of my group of friends that reads comics regularly, and the only one that gets those jokes, and I find the nerd jokes terrible and unfunny. The laugh track makes it incredibly worse, it seems that every time they say something they have the pre recorded background crack up. And its not filmed in front of a live audience, live audiences don't laugh at every single nerd "joke" a stereotyped nerd says. I wish more people watched Community, that is a true geek show. The jokes are hilarious, everything they say is true, its actually relatable, it has lovable characters, and no laugh track. That is a true sign of a funny show. It doesn't need fake laughs to be funny, it is funny on its own. Anyone else think this way?

#2 Edited by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, i enjoy it. But tht is just my opinion. I like the cheesiness of it all. Not as good as IT Crowd, though.

#3 Posted by Oscars94 (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

TBBT in a nutshell...

#4 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

if there's nothing else on then I'll watch it but I don't really feel this way or that way about it

#5 Edited by BigL (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it's terrible.

#6 Posted by silent_bomber (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike it too.

Everybody stands around delivering stilted dialogue setting each other up for punchlines, whilst a laugh track plays.

#7 Edited by CheeseSticks (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to watch one single episode and i could'nt watch more than 10 minutes, it's so bad. Sheldon is making it even worse.

The dialogue are unfunny and boring as hell.

#8 Posted by HeckTate (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724: I could not agree with this statement more. I hate that they frequently throw out big or uncommonly heard words and then run the laugh track as if they just made a joke. The word "coitus" isn't a joke on it's own, the writers who thought it was are the real jokes.

Plus the show follows the Chuck Lorre formula for sitcom success: take 2 heavily stereotyped groups of people who would not normally interact with each other according to general consensus, and then force them to interact with each other . . . I swear I picture that smug asshole pitching these shows to the networks and every time I picture it he uses the phrase "hilarity ensues" because Chuck Lorre is the most cliche, quantity over quality, dbag in all of Hollywood. The stuff he writes/produces is just barely above the minimum standard of quality set in place by reality TV, except there are actually people responsible for thinking up and scripting the steaming piles of dump that he calls shows.

And I'm with you on Community. #SevenSeasonsAndAMovie

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy it although I do feel the show has dipped in quality since the first two seasons but I still have a good laugh!

#10 Posted by 14NC3 (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy it although I do feel the show has dipped in quality since the first two seasons but I still have a good laugh!

This

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an alright show. People who say it's the funniest show however, have obviously not seen Arrested Development or The Office.

#12 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

It just keeps digging it's grave more and more everyday.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15959 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an alright show. People who say it's the funniest show however, have obviously not seen Arrested Development or The Office.

Or always sunny in Philadelphia. Best comedy Show EVA

#14 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, overrated

#16 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Not the funniest but it does entertain me. Most of the negative criticism I have seen on this site, is that it laughs at the nerd/geek culture and not actually with it. I can laugh at myself, so the show doesn't bother me much. But I did get offended originally. Thing is, those dudes are successful and have hot girls on their arms, which is usually how us nerds wined up.

#17 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how it is overrated there hasn't been alot of praise for the show since the early seasons.

#18 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio

Those pauses they take for the laugh track are brutal and really make the flow unnatural.

#20 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

sometimes a few of the jokes are ok i've only caught maybe 5 ep , it is a little overrated

#21 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14210 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

TBBT in a nutshell...

Fail. Sorry.

#22 Posted by Samimista (20189 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3 said:

@deranged_midget said:

This

#23 Posted by King Saturn (222830 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the show... I mean it's not perfect but it's still pretty good at times.

#25 Edited by GraniteSoldier (4560 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is actually quite good. If you don't like it don't watch it. The miracles of the remote control!

#26 Edited by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

It beats reality tv

#27 Posted by Jake Fury (17924 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (20786 posts) - - Show Bio

It beats reality tv

That's like saying being shot beats being decapitated. Both are still bad

#29 Posted by LordMaverick (5200 posts) - - Show Bio

Sucks

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: the show isnt that bad, its not really good by any means, just a standard mediocre sitcom. Its not even the worst thing on CBS

#31 Posted by russellmania77 (13624 posts) - - Show Bio

It sux bro

#32 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (4824 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

TBBT in a nutshell...

One of the funniest videos I've ever watched, and pretty accurate portrayal of The Big Bang theory.

This one isn't far off either:

It's not a perfect vid, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I laugh a little.

#33 Posted by CheeseSticks (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to laugh, i really tried....

#34 Posted by youmessinwithme (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not going to go into the haterade here. but i just don't find i funny, i've watched a decent # of episodes and they just never made me laugh even once. also if sheldon was a real person and I was one of his "friends", I would have killed him by the end of each episode even as a stand alone story. But that's just me.....

#35 Posted by tomlikesfries (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Was anybody else kinda pissed off with the Aquaman joke last episode? I mean, Sheldon regularly visits his local shop so he should obviously know that the character has gone through severe changes or at least isn't the joke it used to be.

#36 Posted by youmessinwithme (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries:

man they got wolverine's first appearance wrong in one episode, they aren't real nerds, nor are the writers so they always get their nerd facts wrong. which makes their jokes less funny to people who actually know the genre they are telling lame jokes about.

#37 Edited by darkazrael999 (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

This

#38 Posted by BigCimmerian (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is good, but everybody has different taste.

#39 Edited by darkazrael999 (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to watch one single episode and i could'nt watch more than 10 minutes, it's so bad. Sheldon is making it even worse.

The dialogue are unfunny and boring as hell.

Try the first two seasons.

#40 Posted by Marionettegeist (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Those pauses they take for the laugh track are brutal and really make the flow unnatural.

God, this was terrible!

#41 Posted by Perethorn (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, laugh track really makes a difference.

#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no sympathy at all for people who claim to hate this show while having enough knowledge about it to prove they've clearly seen every episode. If you don't like it turn the F**king channel

#43 Posted by longbowhunter (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen 5 minutes here and there and even that was hard to stomach. I'm clearly not the audience for that show.

#44 Edited by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not so much overrated as it is abjectly terrible. The most recent episode did give me some hope for the show, though.

@joshmightbe said:

I have no sympathy at all for people who claim to hate this show while having enough knowledge about it to prove they've clearly seen every episode. If you don't like it turn the F**king channel

Yes, because I'm going to tell my parents to change the channel because I hate the show they're watching (and enjoying). That'll really score me some points with them.

Genius.

#45 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15959 posts) - - Show Bio

Was anybody else kinda pissed off with the Aquaman joke last episode? I mean, Sheldon regularly visits his local shop so he should obviously know that the character has gone through severe changes or at least isn't the joke it used to be.

aquman was never a joke. only people who made fun of him is people who haven't actually read his stuff.

Peter David was writing him too, that turns aquaman in to pure awesome instantly.

#46 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

Not so much pissed as.. really annoyed. It's such an old, worn-out joke that I can't help but groan whenever it's re-used.

#47 Posted by TheHipKid (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

I put a self ban on sitcoms, I will not watch any.... maybe IT crowd but its over.

#48 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_: You could just y'know find something else to do, like go on the internet or maybe read a book. You can just not watch tv, its easy I do it all the time.

#49 Posted by EnigmaLantern (663 posts) - - Show Bio

The shows are done infront of a live audience. Plus the scientific material is accurate (it's seen over by an Astrophysicist at UCLA) as well as the actress who plays Amy having an actual PhD in Neurobiology (or Neuroscience, can never remember which one).

It is pretty funny, I study science in college and I still crack-up at most things they say but I am a pretty much laugh at anything kind of person so meh.

#50 Posted by jwalser3 (4436 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Not the funniest but it does entertain me. Most of the negative criticism I have seen on this site, is that it laughs at the nerd/geek culture and not actually with it. I can laugh at myself, so the show doesn't bother me much. But I did get offended originally. Thing is, those dudes are successful and have hot girls on their arms, which is usually how us nerds wined up.

It's not that is makes fun of comics and video games. It's that it stereotypes them. Like when their apartment got broken into, instead of worrying about credit cards, money, and the electronics and such, Sheldon runs to go see if is comics were still there. I love comics, but if I was broken into I wouldn't care about them being stolen.

Not every episode, and ya gotta watch some episodes to actually judge a tv show. So yeah to review and judge a movie/comic/game/show/book you got to sit down and see it for yourself.