• 53 results
#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't heard really any hype at all for this so anyone actually interested in seeing this?

#2 Posted by War Killer (20138 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly when I first saw the trailer for this movie, the first thing that came to mind was "it's just Men In Black with dead people."

Nothing I've seen has really made me want to see it though.

#3 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Ryan Reynolds playing Ryan Reynolds, and Jeff Bridges playing his character from True Grit.

#4 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by _Zombie_ (10397 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the kinda movie where if friends were gonna go see it, I'd go.

#6 Posted by _Zombie_ (10397 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the kinda movie where if friends were gonna go see it, I'd go.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: To me it looks like its got potential to be one of those so bad its good movies but that just makes me want to wait until its on TV or maybe rent it when it hits On demand if I get bored but I wouldn't go to the theater to see it.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: To me it looks like its got potential to be one of those so bad its good movies but that just makes me want to wait until its on TV or maybe rent it when it hits On demand if I get bored but I wouldn't go to the theater to see it.

#9 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds + Jeff Bridges = Instant watch

#10 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#11 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#14 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by War Killer (20138 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that it has the potential to be a good movie to see with friends, but so far I haven't seen anything that makes me want to rush the movies and see it in theaters. It could be a good TV movie, like you mentioned, but as for a big screen flick, I'd rather see Man of Steel or Pacific Rim.

#17 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather see the Conjuring honestly.

#18 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it seemed good... But I'm gonna wait till it comes out on DVD to rent it.

#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#20 Edited by 14NC3 (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Great trailer, but it looks like an MIB rip off.

Rookie finds out about ghost/aliens, then has to go with an experienced officer to take down ghosts/aliens-buddy cop-comedy-action.

Also, according to the critics the story is very predictable and ryan + Jeff have no chemistry. There are too many awesome recent/soon-to-come-out films that i'd rather see:

• pacific rim
  • this is the end
  • the wolverine
  • kick ass 2
  • RED 2
  • 2 guns

I've already seen the worlds end today and it was a pretty awesome film and a great ending to the cornetto trilogy. Come on man take a look at the list and compare it to RIPD....You still sure about even considering to see it?

#21 Posted by Immortal777 (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope the second I saw Ryan Reynolds I knew I didn't want to watch the movie.

#22 Posted by HumanRocket (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really u can tell how the movie goes. He goes into a dangerous area gets killed finds out his dead signs up for the RIPD meets his partner has a hard time conflicts between that two partner gets into trouble Reynolds goes in saves him stays with the RIPD the end.

#23 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

Think I'll give this one a miss tbh.

#24 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

I already saw Men in Black

so nay

#25 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather see Red 2 this weekend... RIPD looks like a bit of a lackluster film.

#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad for Ryan Reynolds, he's really good when he's not the main star of the movie but Hollywood keeps trying to force him as a leading man and you can tell he's really trying but its like a one armed man trying to play violin

#27 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

Honestly when I first saw the trailer for this movie, the first thing that came to mind was "it's just Men In Black with dead people."

Nothing I've seen has really made me want to see it though.

Yeah I thought the exact same thing.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (23982 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen Men in Black, I've seen Ghost Busters, so why would I want to see their horribly unoriginal love child?

#29 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Looks dull.

#30 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be a MIB rip-off!!!

#31 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: Much better list than RIPD, but I would skip The Wolverine, I had enough seeing Wolverine on the big-screen.

#32 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, Dead Like Me was better as a comedy.

#33 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks kind of interesting but not enough for me to want to see it theaters

#34 Edited by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I was somewhat excited....then the reviews came in.

#35 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6454 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks pretty good. Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds seems like an awesome team up, and they seem to have good chemistry from the trailer. And I laughed at the old bannana guy in the trailer. It looks pretty good to me, albeit not amazing.

#36 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Me, MIB rip off ? I wouldn't say that, Did peeps call MIB a rip off lethal weapon but with aliens ? :P It's just another franchise in the buddy cop supernatural genre hehehehehe

Will I see it In theaters, probably not

#37 Posted by xlab3000 (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rent it on redbox.

#38 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic looked lame as does the film.

Pass.

#39 Edited by Immortal777 (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

I feel bad for Ryan Reynolds, he's really good when he's not the main star of the movie but Hollywood keeps trying to force him as a leading man and you can tell he's really trying but its like a one armed man trying to play violin

I just remembered why I don't like Ryan it's because of Blade 3 dude got on my nerves in that movie but he does play a good d-bag.

#40 Posted by JediXMan (30345 posts) - - Show Bio

It's essentially Men in Black meets Ghostbusters.

Honestly, while I'm not that interested, I'd be more likely to give it a shot if Ryan Reynolds wasn't in it.

#41 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: Blade 3 was just an all round clusterf**k you can't blame that all on Reynolds

#42 Edited by Oscuro (1005 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by russellmania77 (15024 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh sure

#44 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro: Also apparently Wesley Snipes wasn't even present for most of the filming and refused to show up most of the time so almost every scene he's in with another person is just him edited into the frame or the other actors talking to a stand in with his back to the camera. And when he did show he was generally high,so technically Blade himself was the major problem there.

#45 Posted by Oscuro (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

Yeah him and Goyer clashed big time on set. Although I think it would've still not been very good even if they had gotten along. But I'm not going to go into a Blade Trinity rant. This isn't the place for that.

#46 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro: True but I will say Reynolds was one of the most tolerable parts of Origins and he actually refused to do the Barakka-Pool portion because it was clearly stupid so they had to hire a look-a-like for it.

#47 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather just read the comic than watch the movie
but it doesn't look that bad, honestly

I donno, I kinda like Reynolds. either way, I'd rather go see Pacific Rim, haven't seen it yet. or go see World's End, seems like a fun movie. or Red 2, the first one was kinda interesting

#48 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy: I'm waiting for this to hit On Demand or netflix

#49 Posted by Oscuro (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I dont mind Ryan. I guess after the Green Lantern movie people don't care for him too much. I thought he was fine in origins. There were way more serious issues to tear apart in that film. Like the "Baraka-Pool" concept that you alluded to. Idk what in the hades they were thinking when they did that. All they had to do was type Deadpool into google images lol

#50 Edited by Joygirl (19465 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see it. Except that Jeff Bridges is gonna stink it up.