#1 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

I MEAN HE GOT DALE KILLED

#2 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually don't mind him.

#3 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's a badass. Sure he can be a brat sometimes but he's a kid growing up in the zombie apocalypse and handling better than most men(for better or worse).

#4 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Yesterday: i understand he is the kid of the group but he barely acts like a kid and is trying to grow up too fast and i don't think this spoils it but he gets a lot of people killed in the comic cause of this

#5 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447: But that's the point, he needs to grow up fast in the world he's living in. But that's not easy or something that comes without consequences. He's seen what the world is like now and look at all the things that have happened to just him personally. Add that with the fact that he's a kid growing up and he's gonna have his spats of fearless stupidity.

#6 Posted by SoA (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

in the comic he actually maturs and becomes a lil bad ass i gave up on the crappy Tv show after season 1 , spoilers confirmed my beliefs that the show is still crappy.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

You might want to put a spoiler warning OP.

@Captain_Yesterday said:

I think he's a badass. Sure he can be a brat sometimes but he's a kid growing up in the zombie apocalypse and handling better than most men(for better or worse).

This. I mean look at all the guys who have gone crazy and committed suicide, become a cannibal, or senselessly kill other survivors.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447 said:

@Captain_Yesterday: i understand he is the kid of the group but he barely acts like a kid and is trying to grow up too fast and i don't think this spoils it but he gets a lot of people killed in the comic cause of this

who exactly has he gotten killed in the book? I've read every issue multiple times and yes he killed Shane but other than that I'm having a hard time thinking of a character whose death can be blamed on Carl

#9 Posted by kuonphobos (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

No I don't hate Carl. He does annoy me a little bit at times especially the television version. What I do HATE is tv Andrea.

#10 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

No I don't hate Carl. He does annoy me a little bit at times especially the television version. What I do HATE is tv Andrea.

I don't think there is anything I loathe more than her. Just thinking of her makes me grit my teeth.

#11 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

He's among the worst characters on the show, and that's saying something

#12 Posted by JediXMan (31331 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen season 3 yet, but...

Yeah, kid has some serious growing up to do. They should just tie him to the truck so he doesn't get anyone else killed or put himself in danger. Idiot was poking a zombie; who pokes a zombie?

Gotta be honest: I'd have been less sad if he died instead of Sophie. Sophie barely had any character development, but at least she didn't do anything to irritate me.

#13 Edited by kuonphobos (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

tvCarl is the Great Keyholder! The Opener and Closer of Gates and Such!

Perhaps they are waiting to spring the plot point that he is an earthbound avatar of the great Yog-Sothoth!

I read the comics...I know.

#14 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

TV Carl will never be half the man Comic Carl is.

#15 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't we supposed to hate Carl overall? He's like Damian but without the dicipline of Batman and Nightwing and without the badass fighting skills.

#16 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: I don't know that I'd say hate, but his purpose as a character is to cause drama/tension with his actions.

#17 Posted by The Stegman (26114 posts) - - Show Bio
I love him, comic and tv wise.
#18 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

He's gotten a lot better since season 2, so no, I don't hate him.

#19 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude.. comic Carl is a million times worse. He is ALWAYS f*cking sh*t up for Rick or is always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hate the little psychopathic bastard.

#20 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

Dude.. comic Carl is a million times worse. He is ALWAYS f*cking sh*t up for Rick or is always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hate the little psychopathic bastard.

what things has he messed up and what wrong places has he been in? He's saved Rick's life on more than one occasion

#21 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

He is meh..how old is he, 10? He had to shoot his mother, kill countless zombies, and gets into gunplay weekly. I am really surprised he isn't going through PTSD..

#22 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

what things has he messed up and what wrong places has he been in? He's saved Rick's life on more than one occasion

Umm.. who has been shot twice by accident? Who almost got taken by scavengers because he didn't listen to Rick after going back for Morgan and Duane? Who continuously gives Rick sh*t by being a complete psycho? Who recently just snuck into a certain van because he thought a certain guy named Jesus was interesting? Carl. Carl. Carl. Carl.

If I recall correctly, Carl saved Rick's life once.

#23 Posted by Walzo (4356 posts) - - Show Bio

He was bad in Season 2. He's great in Season 3.

#24 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@danhimself said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Umm.. who has been shot twice by accident? Who almost got taken by scavengers because he didn't listen to Rick after going back for Morgan and Duane? Who continuously gives Rick sh*t by being a complete psycho? Who recently just snuck into a certain van because he thought a certain guy named Jesus was interesting? Carl. Carl. Carl. Carl.

you can't blame him for getting shot...the first was completely Otis's fault and the second was the Mayor's fault for going nuts and shooting into a crowd...I do agree that it was stupid of him to sneak into the van

he pretty much saved it twice...once when he shot Shane and second when he took care of a near death Rick for days after they ran from the prison

Carl in the books is 1000% better than the Carl from season 2 of the show

#25 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all.

#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking "who's Carl again?", having not seen past since Season 1 yet.

And then I read the OP.

Stupid, stupid Fade. Always remember that spoilers tags are like subway restrooms. Everyone knows about them, but no one wants to use them.

#27 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@KINGJAMES447 said:

who exactly has he gotten killed in the book? I've read every issue multiple times and yes he killed Shane but other than that I'm having a hard time thinking of a character whose death can be blamed on Carl

as i said before i don't want to spoil it but for one he got dale killed the voice of reason in the group and in the comic he does kill some innocent victims and shoots someones kid not gonna say who and really ruins the teams plans a lot of times its like if you gave your 4 year old a loaded gun

#28 Posted by GodOfMischief (642 posts) - - Show Bio

The television version doesn't really do him justice, though I've found him more tolerable in the third season.

#29 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@danhimself said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

you can't blame him for getting shot...the first was completely Otis's fault and the second was the Mayor's fault for going nuts and shooting into a crowd...I do agree that it was stupid of him to sneak into the van

he pretty much saved it twice...once when he shot Shane and second when he took care of a near death Rick for days after they ran from the prison

Carl in the books is 1000% better than the Carl from season 2 of the show

I'm sorry I just don't see it. Carl is just as much as a screw up in my eyes as he is in the show. In my opinion Carl is the only character out of the book that was done absolutely perfect.

Andrea in the comics is an independent badass; shes a whiny weak secondary character in the show

Rick has remorse for everything he does in the comics; In the show he is psycho Sr.

Lori was somewhat respectable in the comics; lying annoying drama queen on the show

Dale in the comics abandoned the group multiple times; He was more of a nicer guy on the show (I liked TV show Dale more than comics Dale)

And then theres Carol...... they shouldn't have even named her Carol. That is nothing like Carol. I was looking forward to Carol asking Rick and Lori to marry her! lmao

#30 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

The television version doesn't really do him justice, though I've found him more tolerable in the third season.

if the show follows the comic he will get worse trust me

#31 Posted by Nefarious (22948 posts) - - Show Bio

Not, really.

#32 Posted by GodOfMischief (642 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447: I actually really like him in the comics.

#33 Posted by Pyrogram (41344 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate the little *******

#34 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch: After Daryl left I thought she was going to try and hug a zombie like she did in the comics.

#35 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@FalconPuuunch: After Daryl left I thought she was going to try and hug a zombie like she did in the comics.

hahahahaha That was the most awkward death in TWD. I don't know how I feel about it. She was smiling the entire time....

#36 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

There are way more annoying characters than Carl

#37 Posted by JediXMan (31331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade said:

There are way more annoying characters than Carl

Shane? Because he got too many shots. I don't disagree with him on certain matters, but he didn't deserve as many chances as he got.

#38 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: In the TV show Andrea is the worst in the comics I didn't like Carol

#39 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Carol that much and Hershels younger daughter as well.