Any good comic-shops in London?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm (hopefully) going to London next week, and I wonder if there is some good places to buy comics? If so, where can I find them?

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Yup, there are quite a number, including some dedicated Manga shops.

Kalel121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@waezi2: Your best bet will be most likely be the Forbidden Planet store in London. Its address is

179 Shaftesbury Avenue London WC2H 8JR

You can also find it on Google Street view. And there might be some smaller shops as well but that's the one I know of.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By silent_bomber

Forbidden Planet is definitely the largest.

Found the Manga one, it was called Orbital Comics, on Great Newport Street

There's also Gosh which is on a corner on Berwick Street, they tend to have older comics (some very old, very expensive Spider-Man IIRC)

Apparently there's also a place called Comic Book Exchange on Berwick Street, I don't think I've been there, but it may just be the shop that used to be in Notting Hill Gate, which I think had a similar name, that place also did old-ish comics IIRC, you could get good deals there.

I'm talking from the perspective of someone who hasn't been in most of these shops in like 7 years though.

They're all pretty close together, fairly near to Tottenham Court Station.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By consolemaster001

U WOT M8 ? comics on bond street

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tupiaz

If you live in the US there is no reason to buy American comics in Europe as they are more expensive. You can maybe find som OOP trades they still have in stock if you are lucky. There is also Planini version of the US comics (English version of US comics text and all is the same but different layout, gluing and so on). You can probably find some European album or manga cheaper than in US but most of it will logical be more Expensive.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@tupiaz said:

If you live in the US there is no reason to buy American comics in Europe as they are more expensive. You can maybe find som OOP trades they still have in stock if you are lucky. There is also Planini version of the US comics (English version of US comics text and all is the same but different layout, gluing and so on). You can probably find some European album or manga cheaper than in US but most of it will logical be more Expensive.

In Scotland it's not, there pretty much the same price.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@tupiaz: I'm from Denmark.

Ahh a fellow Dane. I would compare the prices with the ones you find on amazon.co.uk they are cheaper from what I have heard (unless you buy the Panini books) especially now when there is free shipping to Denmark.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers