Anti- smokers are nazi's lol no seriously!

• 151 results
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

sick of the anti-smoking league lumping you in with the bad guys?....well heres a retort

The anti-tobacco campaign of the Nazis: a little known aspect of public health in Germany, 1933-45

Historians and epidemiologists have only recently begun to explore the Nazi anti-tobacco movement. Germany had the world's strongest anti smoking movement in the 1930s and early 1940s,encompassing bans on smoking in public spaces, bans on advertising, restrictions on tobacco rations for women, and the world's most refined tobacco epidemiology, linking tobacco use with the already evident epidemic of lung cancer. The anti-tobacco campaign must be understood against the backdrop of the Nazi quest for racial and bodily purity, which also motivated many other public health efforts of the era.

Medical historians in recent years have done a great deal to enlarge our understanding of medicine and public health in Nazi Germany. We know that about half of all doctors joined the Nazi party and that doctors played a major part in designing and administering the Nazi programmes of forcible sterilisation, "euthanasia," and the industrial scale murder of Jews and gypsies.

Much of our present day concern for the abuse of humans used in experiments stems from the extreme brutality many German doctors showed towards concentration camp prisoners exploited to advance the cause of German military medicine.

Tobacco in the Reich

One topic that has only recently begun to attract attention is the Nazi anti-tobacco movement. Germany had the world's strongest anti smoking movement in the 1930s and early 1940s,supported by Nazi medical and military leaders worried that tobacco might prove a hazard to the race. Many Nazi leaders were vocal opponents of smoking. Anti-tobacco activists pointed out that whereas Churchill, Stalin, and Roosevelt were all fond of tobacco, the three major fascist leaders of Europe-Hitler, Mussolini, and Franco-were all non-smokers. Hitler was the most adamant, characterizing tobacco as "the wrath of the Red Man against the White Man for having been given hard liquor." At one point the Fuhrer even suggested that Nazism might never have triumphed in Germany had he not given up smoking.

so, who actually won the second world war in the long run? it might not be as cut and dry as most people make it out to be...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Methos

how is it being offensive if it's a historical fact?

M

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By crazy spidey

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I quite smoking(tobacco) about a year ago, just quit. But I'm sick of these anti-smokers, there like a lynch mob. Love the post M.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crazy spidey

Methos says:

"how is it being offensive if it's a historical fact? M"

my bad didnt read the whole thing. (P.S. Hitler's always right)

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Forever

I never tried smoking so I never noticed anything either side was doing. Are the do-gooder anti-smokers that bad?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Methos

someone e~mailed it to me, thought it was funny...

weird though, considering we won the war, but now we're adopting exactly the same principals and laws that they did...

are we sure we won?

M

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crazy spidey

Methos says:

"someone e~mailed it to me, thought it was funny... weird though, considering we won the war, but now we're adopting exactly the same principals and laws that they did... are we sure we won? M"

u won... trust me. however as humans u both had the same goals... to preserve life so wen u found out it was fatal, u both took the same action.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

i don't know how bad it is in the US or anywhere else but now you can't smoke...

1. resteraunts

2. cinema's

3. pubs (seriously)

basically, anywhere thats a public place...

i don't mind it, i always would go outside out of respect to non smokers... but to have that 'choice' taken away from me...

everyone complains that "they have their rights", well, your rights are obviously held in higher account than my rights then...

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"i don't know how bad it is in the US or anywhere else but now you can't smoke...1. resteraunts2. cinema's3. pubs (seriously)basically, anywhere thats a public place...i don't mind it, i always would go outside out of respect to non smokers... but to have that 'choice' taken away from me...everyone complains that "they have their rights", well, your rights are obviously held in higher account than my rights then...M"

Yup. Not all bars, mostly in New York bars. But its spreading.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"i don't know how bad it is in the US or anywhere else but now you can't smoke...1. resteraunts2. cinema's3. pubs (seriously)basically, anywhere thats a public place...i don't mind it, i always would go outside out of respect to non smokers... but to have that 'choice' taken away from me...everyone complains that "they have their rights", well, your rights are obviously held in higher account than my rights then...M"

But if you smoke around people who don't want smoke near them, you take away their choice. They can't choose not to breathe for you, but you can choose to smoke elsewhere for them. I get wanting to have the choice to go outside and be polite, but not everyone's polite like that so the option gets removed.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Forever

Methos says:

I see your point about choice. I wish it were easier to find closer ground, but smoking indoors would create a haze of smoke that non smokers would have to deal with. Even having separate sections might be too much, depending on how many smokers there are compared to non smokers and how much of a hassle that might be to sustain for the restaurant/pub/cinema. But maybe that's the answer. Let each individual owner decide what they want to do in their buildings and leave it at that.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crazy spidey

Methos says:

"i don't know how bad it is in the US or anywhere else but now you can't smoke... 1. resteraunts 2. cinema's 3. pubs (seriously) basically, anywhere thats a public place... i don't mind it, i always would go outside out of respect to non smokers... but to have that 'choice' taken away from me... everyone complains that "they have their rights", well, your rights are obviously held in higher account than my rights then... M"

its the right to human life, and if I am in danger then u will be forced to leave. U may do watever u want, but once it puts others in dangers, they will take action.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

it's everywhere here...

you can't smoke in ANY enclosed public space without being fined £50

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Methos says:

But if you smoke around people who don't want smoke near them, you take away their choice. They can't choose not to breathe for you, but you can choose to smoke elsewhere for them. I get wanting to have the choice to go outside and be polite, but not everyone's polite like that so the option gets removed.

"

Good point. The way I see it, they owe me a cigarette.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

i'm just curious, do we have any other smokers here?

M

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crazy spidey

Methos says:

"it's everywhere here... you can't smoke in **ANY** enclosed public space without being fined £50 M"

i dont generally empathize with ppl (not my thing) but i understand ur problem. All i can say is live with it. If u want to smoke badly enough ull find a way.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crazy spidey

Methos says:

"i'm just curious, do we have any other smokers here? M"

does pot count?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Methos

it doesn't bother me, i can smoke upstairs in my flat above the pub... so it's no great hassle for me...

it just amused me that the first people to enforce a 'non smoking' ban, were the people who started a world war...

M

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crazy spidey

Methos says:

"it doesn't bother me, i can smoke upstairs in my flat above the pub... so it's no great hassle for me... it just amused me that the first people to enforce a 'non smoking' ban, were the people who started a world war... M"

again, Hitler is famous for trying to make his country stronger, and generally all leaders want that for their nation. No matter how different we are we are all similar in some way.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vrakmul

I don't mind you smoking. I mind you smoking near me. I don't want your bad stuff in my lungs. I want to keep my extra

7 years thank you.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

as a non smoker, that knows lots of smokers, I personally think MOST smoking laws, and rules, border on obscene overkill!

HOWEVER, I will admit that with regards to restaurants, I welcome smoking bans. I don't need to have smoke in my face, nor lungs while i'm trying to enjoy a fine dinner, and some wine. That is about the only time it bothers me, otherwise...my perspective is that you should be kind to addicts, afterall, smokers do have an addiction, which is in turn a medical condition...so, they're kind of handicapped, in a way

;)

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crazy spidey

Well it has been proven that second hand smoke can cause lung cancer so you won't see me picketing for any law changes soon...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Apparition

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"as a non smoker, that knows lots of smokers, I personally think MOST smoking laws, and rules, border on obscene overkill! HOWEVER, I will admit that with regards to restaurants, I welcome smoking bans. I don't need to have smoke in my face, nor lungs while i'm trying to enjoy a fine dinner, and some wine. That is about the only time it bothers me, otherwise...my perspective is that you should be kind to addicts, afterall, smokers do have an addiction, which is in turn a medical condition...so, they're kind of handicapped, in a way ;)"

lol

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Nerx

Well why not smoke in a bubble?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vrakmul
Nerx said:
"Well why not smoke in a bubble?"
Why did you bump this?   And smoking in a bubble would end up killing you in a few hours.
Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Superkitty

I wonder if Germany had "Smoke Easies," you know secret places for people to light up. [In German] "It's the cops! Quick turn on the fans!"

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By warlock360

lol methos this doesnt help my image as a german not one bit, for being sake i am an Anti-smoker...

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
Dreadnaught said:
"I don't mind you smoking. I mind you smoking near me. I don't want your bad stuff in my lungs. I want to keep my extra 7 years thank you. "
lol...agreed xP
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By warlock360

Ironic how that Anti Nazi sign ended up looking like the no smoking sign...

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

LoL.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Final Arrow
Methos said:
"

i don't know how bad it is in the US or anywhere else but now you can't smoke...

1. resteraunts

2. cinema's

3. pubs (seriously)

basically, anywhere thats a public place...

i don't mind it, i always would go outside out of respect to non smokers... but to have that 'choice' taken away from me...

everyone complains that "they have their rights", well, your rights are obviously held in higher account than my rights then...

M

"
You missed the worse one of them all. Freaking BUS STOPS. What the hell, Now I dont smoke and I think it is a right people have to go where people dont smoke. But then it is the smokers right to smoke. So when it goes to extremes like it has it is insane.
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cpt_linger
Methos said:
"

M

"

I'm a pack-a-day, but thats only cuz my drop-kick mates cant buy their own =P.

crazy spidey said:
"

Methos says:

"i'm just curious, do we have any other smokers here? M"

does pot count?

"
lmao, i dont know the policies on smokin mul in public but im sure the health factor is a lot better

In Australia you can smoke in some pubs, but every other single commercial building you cannot smoke inside and usually within 10-15m of the entrance of buildings. People here are very respectful though, if there is a child or baby around they will usually direct their smoke and position of their cigeratte away from the child.

But I beleive that smoking in a pub is like loud noise, you know its going to be there before you go, so why go and b!tch about it. I remember I was smoking at a bar and a pregnant lady sat next to me and i went to put out my cigarette and she said "i hope you're not doing that on my account, it is after all my choice to come here" and to me that made me feel great! and then she lit up a cigarette....
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Proud smoker of Pall Mall Ultra Lights.

In Illinois, one of those "American States", a law was past in Jan where you can't smoke in ANY public forum, and you must stand 15 feet away from the door, or you'll get a $250 fine. I believe in pounds it's about 125. Luckily, there is a hookah bar kind of near me where they found a loophole in the law and you can still smoke inside. But, other than that it's BULLSH!T. I'm sick of people giving me dirty looks for smoking, sick of people saying things to me about being 15 feet from a door. And especially sick of people who think second-hand smoke kills you automatically. NOTE: The EPA report all these "facts" are located from was thrown out by the American Government in 1996 due to inconclusive data. Does 2nd hand smoke kill? Only if you're around it 24/7 for 40 years. This country is retarded sometimes.... Losing more and more rights everyday.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By Erik

I'm glad they made it so you can't smoke at public places anymore. I think it is a vile habit and I hate it when people force that on me. Yes it is forced on me when I am walking down the road and suddenly inhale a think cloud of smoke. Smokers are weak. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they were only allowed to smoke in the privacy of their own home. But I wouldn't shed a tear if they outlawed it completely. I like my lungs pink and without cancer.

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By lady_redhead

YES the bastards need to pi$$ off and leave us alone!

OUR CHOICE TO SMOKE

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Erik
Mistress Redhead said:
"YES the bastards need to pi$$ off and leave us alone!

OUR CHOICE TO SMOKE"
Not where I can smell it.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
erik said:
"I'm glad they made it so you can't smoke at public places anymore. I think it is a vile habit and I hate it when people force that on me. Yes it is forced on me when I am walking down the road and suddenly inhale a think cloud of smoke. Smokers are weak. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they were only allowed to smoke in the privacy of their own home. But I wouldn't shed a tear if they outlawed it completely. I like my lungs pink and without cancer."
#1 You're mislead and completely prejudice.
#2 People with that mindset are going to lead us to a Logan's Run future. And no, it won't be fun. Live it up!... until you're 30. Off to Carnival you go.
Ball Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ball Buster
Methos said:
"

M

"
I smoke Jamaican cigars.
caption
caption
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Erik

#1 It has been proven numerous times that smoking is detrimental to human health so no, I have not been mislead. As far has having a prejudice against smokers... Sure I'll let you have that one. But tell me this. When was the last time you got all chummy with someone shooting up right next to you? Or better yet, lighting up a crack pipe?
#2 How is it that people concerned for their health and the health of others put us on the road to Logan's Run Future? That just sounds stupid. Last time I read that run, it was because evil people took over the Earth. Not a smoking ban.

The simple fact of the matter is that it doesn't take a particullary gifted person to see that smoking is dangerous to the people smoking and the people they pollute around them. You seem to think you know what you are talking about, so I can assume you have acutally done some research on this matter? You are able to prove that smoking is not harmful to people? I would really really love to see this data you may have amassed.

Here is a little something from the Department of Health and Human Services. This would be a goverment website in case you are going to try that EPA garbage again.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/health_effects.htm

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

You know, I spent a lot of time writing a pretty decent response, but I deleted it. Why? First, it's like a Christian and a Muslim trying to convert each other. It's going no where. Secondly, it's too aggressive, it's bordering personal attacks, from both sides.

I'll leave you with the last thing I wrote from the response. Reply however you want. Hell, you can even say you won the argument, I don't care. Just read the last couple of sentences to understand how some of us in this country are starting to feel.

"Second, there will be a time where the government decides to ban/limit something you do and enjoy, it will happen. Know how pissed off, yet compliant, smokers are now and think off that when something you enjoy gets banned."

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erik

Hey, if they ban something that is dangerous that I love then I guess I wont be able to complain much. I can also site my personal experience on the matter of second hand and regular smoking. It is extremely dangerous to a developing child. I have serious ear problems because of the second hand smoke in my home as an infant. This stuff is so bad that my ears were affected by a gas. I have also lost nearly all my family to smoking. I really don't care about the numbers, nor do I care about what people do to their own bodies. After all, my character is neutral on here, lol. But it is extremely offensive to me when I have to deal with the issue of smoking with what it has already done to me and mine. When someone smokes around my little girl, I throw down. I wont let it happen to my family. But everyone else I couldn't care less about.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Gambler said:
"

I quite smoking(tobacco) about a year ago, just quit. But I'm sick of these anti-smokers, there like a lynch mob. Love the post M.

"

Smokes two for the both of em :D
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
erik said:
"Hey, if they ban something that is dangerous that I love then I guess I wont be able to complain much. I can also site my personal experience on the matter of second hand and regular smoking. It is extremely dangerous to a developing child. I have serious ear problems because of the second hand smoke in my home as an infant. This stuff is so bad that my ears were affected by a gas. I have also lost nearly all my family to smoking. I really don't care about the numbers, nor do I care about what people do to their own bodies. After all, my character is neutral on here, lol. But it is extremely offensive to me when I have to deal with the issue of smoking with what it has already done to me and mine. When someone smokes around my little girl, I throw down. I wont let it happen to my family. But everyone else I couldn't care less about."
Hey, you got to read it. Cool. I too am a child of smoke, the 70s/80s were a time filled with nicotine. Most smokers, who aren't jerks, have respect for the non-smokers. I don't smoke in front of my nieces or nephews, if I do, I'm a good 50 feet away, that's just me. If someone walks by me with kids, when I'm outside smoking, I do my best to keep it away from them. It seems everyone you've dealt with, smoker-wise, basically sucks. And although I can't apologize for the idiots of Nicotineland, I can reassure you, I won't blow smoke in your families face, it's insensitive.

good night
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
inferiorego said:
"Proud smoker of Pall Mall Ultra Lights.

In Illinois, one of those "American States", a law was past in Jan where you can't smoke in ANY public forum, and you must stand 15 feet away from the door, or you'll get a $250 fine. I believe in pounds it's about 125. Luckily, there is a hookah bar kind of near me where they found a loophole in the law and you can still smoke inside. But, other than that it's BULLSH!T. I'm sick of people giving me dirty looks for smoking, sick of people saying things to me about being 15 feet from a door. And especially sick of people who think second-hand smoke kills you automatically. NOTE: The EPA report all these "facts" are located from was thrown out by the American Government in 1996 due to inconclusive data. Does 2nd hand smoke kill? Only if you're around it 24/7 for 40 years. This country is retarded sometimes.... Losing more and more rights everyday."

Pall Mall's? Bleck. I'll stick to my Marlboro's or Newports.

But we are one of those states, were the law got passed. ITs so stupid. Because we can go to the fair or a bar and still smoke. Sure the fair is open and the second hand isn't so bad. But people still get it. Whats next? Are we going to ban fatty food for making people fat?
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"inferiorego said:

In Illinois, one of those "American States", a law was past in Jan where you can't smoke in ANY public forum, and you must stand 15 feet away from the door, or you'll get a $250 fine. I believe in pounds it's about 125. Luckily, there is a hookah bar kind of near me where they found a loophole in the law and you can still smoke inside. But, other than that it's BULLSH!T. I'm sick of people giving me dirty looks for smoking, sick of people saying things to me about being 15 feet from a door. And especially sick of people who think second-hand smoke kills you automatically. NOTE: The EPA report all these "facts" are located from was thrown out by the American Government in 1996 due to inconclusive data. Does 2nd hand smoke kill? Only if you're around it 24/7 for 40 years. This country is retarded sometimes.... Losing more and more rights everyday."

But we are one of those states, were the law got passed. ITs so stupid. Because we can go to the fair or a bar and still smoke. Sure the fair is open and the second hand isn't so bad. But people still get it. Whats next? Are we going to ban fatty food for making people fat?"
Pall Malls are $2.65 a pack, and I'm a struggling English Prof. Plus, when I smoke them, it makes me feel like I'm in the 50s....

Smoke... There Will Be Blood... Fall asleep in the middle

DUCK & COVER
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
inferiorego said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"inferiorego said:

But we are one of those states, were the law got passed. ITs so stupid. Because we can go to the fair or a bar and still smoke. Sure the fair is open and the second hand isn't so bad. But people still get it. Whats next? Are we going to ban fatty food for making people fat?"
Pall Malls are $2.65 a pack, and I'm a struggling English Prof. Plus, when I smoke them, it makes me feel like I'm in the 50s....

Smoke... There Will Be Blood... Fall asleep in the middle

DUCK & COVER"

Good point.. Of course I get my smokes for free now days. IT pays to have a friend who has family that runs a conveniance store xP I also could go to my aunts Tobacco farm in KY and help out during harvest and get some leaves off her. They'd be dried of course and I'd have to find out how to shread them corectly xP
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48  Edited By The_Martian

I don't like smoking, and I hate when poeple I know smoke cause I know its bad for them. But I figure if you want to smoke, smoke as long as you don't do it around me.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Nobody said:
"I don't like smoking, and I hate when poeple I know smoke cause I know its bad for them. But I figure if you want to smoke, smoke as long as you don't do it around me."
I'll keep that in mind.

IF you smoke, you should always be respectful. My friends dad has quit smoking but they dont care if you smoke in the house still. So I go outside. Hell even in my grandmothers house I went outside. And she smokes.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50  Edited By The_Martian
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Nobody said:
"I don't like smoking, and I hate when poeple I know smoke cause I know its bad for them. But I figure if you want to smoke, smoke as long as you don't do it around me."
I'll keep that in mind."
Its not like I don't want to watch you smoke, but it bugs more or than ever when I have to smell it and then its effecting me. I work at walmart and pratically everyone I know smokes and they smoke in the break room and I smell it everytime I walk by. Or when I'm coming into the store customers hangout by the enterance and blow smoke in your face. That pisses me off more than anything, one day I'm just going to deck them.