Annoying Vegan Friend.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Not sure if anybody here has a friend, or knows anybody like this. A friend of mine that I went to high school with, now works at the same store with me. However, he has changed his diet and is now a Vegan. A person who doesn't eat, meat, eggs, or milk, etc. However, each time I eat something for lunch he keeps bugging me, telling me about how bad my diet is and keeps pushing his Vegan ways on me. I would tell him off, but I have seen and read Scott Pilgrim, and don't want to be thrown through walls. Anybody experience this problem?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

Yes. Vegans have thrown me through walls plenty of times. 

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Yeah That happened to me with a friend of mine until I explained to him that my diet is a lot more healthy for me then him continuing to bug me about it is to him. :p

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By desperado_

My cousin is vegan. He acts like he's Jesus. He probably is.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Actually the Vegan diet has been scientifically proven to be unhealthy in fact you can go to jail for child neglect for putting children on a Vegan diet because it prevents them from getting vital nutrients that they need to live

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By progenitorigin

Closest i've come is having a vegetarian for a fiancee, but luckily, i'm breaking her down.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Pull the Scott Pilgrim and put some half and half in his drink when he isn't looking so the Vegan police take him.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@joshmightbe said:

Actually the Vegan diet has been scientifically proven to be unhealthy in fact you can go to jail for child neglect for putting children on a Vegan diet because it prevents them from getting vital nutrients that they need to live

Well, my friend is a skinny as  pole. He walks and runs to work a lot which is like three miles. We ask him why, he says he needs to lose weight. 
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

EAT MEAT, kids.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By SuperTide

It's not for me.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman
@SuperTide said:

It's not for me.

What Vegan or Meat?
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

EAT MEAT, kids.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperTide

@Dernman said:

@SuperTide said:

It's not for me.

What Vegan or Meat?

Vegan

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

ugh, i think we all know at least one vegan/vegetarian like that

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By PowerHerc

It's kinda screwed up how people who've "seen the light" always want to push it on everybody else.

I wonder how he'd like it if your were always trying to get him to eat a piece of chicken or a steak or some bacon.

Maybe you could start drinking milk whenever you're around this friend and advocate it's health benefits in a effort to pressure him to partake of the 'one, true, healthy way." Then when he gets fed up at you pushing milk on him, you cold point out that's how it feels to have his vegan sensitivities/rules/habits pushed on you.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@PowerHerc said:

It's kinda screwed up how people who've "seen the light" always want to push it on everybody else.

I wonder how he'd like it if your were always trying to get him to eat a piece of chicken or a steak or some bacon.

Maybe you could start drinking milk whenever you're around this friend and advocate it's health benefits in a effort to pressure him to partake of the 'one, true, healthy way." Then when he gets fed up at you pushing milk on him, you cold point out that's how it feels to have his vegan sensitivities/rules/habits pushed on you.

Actual conversation:  
Me: -Eating fried chicken.:- 
Friend: You know you're going to die if you keep eating that stuff. 
Me: At least I will die happy. 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@PowerHerc:  

so much win in this statement, so...much...win...   

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By danhimself

If God didn't want us to eat animals then why did he make them out of meat?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerHerc

@OmegaDynasty: Good for you for saying it. I hope he/she got the point.

@The Stegman: Thanks, every once in while I post something people like. I appreciate the Joker vid. :)

Avatar image for phrainiac_crazeee
phrainiac_crazeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaDynasty said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

EAT MEAT, kids.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this is something they should show to elementary students on the subject of "tolerance"

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mikethekiller

@OmegaDynasty: Start pushing a high protein meat filled diet on him.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By _Zombie_

I had this one vegan prick(not calling all vegans pricks, don't misread this) get all snotty and judgmental on me because I was eating a cheeseburger around him. I almost went the Deadpool route and rammed it down his throat, but instead asked him how low his protein was. Didn't look back to see if it worked or not, but it was damn funny in my head.

Also, my Biology teacher's son was a vegan, and he nearly passed out on a hike because of a major protein deficiency.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@mikethekiller said:

@OmegaDynasty: Start pushing a high protein meat filled diet on him.

Well, he asked if he could come over for Thanksgiving.  
Told him he could, but there would be nothing he could eat.  
Said if he was a vegetarian then he would be fine, but since his Vegan..most of the stuff that doesn't have meat has milk, and eggs. 
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have absolutely nothing against vegans until they start to spout off their philosophies onto the rest of us. But then that can go for just about any person who advocates any "ism". Sadly this reminds me one time of an incident I had at my college. I was standing in line for a sandwich place and wanted to buy a sandwich. And I called off some kinda "veggie sandwich" platter just because I was on a diet at the time and was hungry and didn't want something heavily calorie ridden to munch on. Woman from afar smiles at me and asked if I was a vegan and I politely said "No, I'm just a real fan of the sandwich." Deep down in my mind I was soooo ready to tell her "Here's your sign" because I was ready to say "Lady, look at my stomach and body here. Do I LOOK like I would be a vegan with this type of body shape?"

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#25  Edited By Hawkeye446

Yeah, I am a vegetarian, and I understand your predicament. Personally, I believe it is each to their own. I don't think Vegans/Vegetarians should push their beliefs on others, and vice versa.

However - I have had meat eaters do the same and made me try to eat meat - and make fun of me if I said no. I am not childish enough to take actual offence but either way it is not a good thing to do to others.

The same with pushing religion or other beliefs on people.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ARMIV2

I don't think I've ever had that sort of thing particularly happen to me. I've heard people talking about it, but nothing so severe.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By CATPANEXE

It swings both ways so I can't back either side sorry. People squabbling over who eats what is just silly to me. I'm sure some homeless person with no food envies both sides.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
Throw ham at them. 
Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mortein
No Caption Provided

THREAD CLOSED

MoodyKingMoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#30  Edited By MoodyKingMoron

I generally stay away from vegans for this reason. Most vegetarians aren't pushy with their beliefs and they generally don't call me a murderer for enjoying meat but vegans I've found to be as ignorant and close-minded as the most ravenous creationists. I won't argue the health reasons because I'm not familar with them and I'm not the right person to be doling out health advice, but I will argue that I have the right to enjoy whatever I want when I eat, provided it isn't people of course.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XRiskyX

It's always entertaining how those hardcore alternative Vegan people condemn me for being a faithful Christian and accuse me of everything wrong the church ever did (mind you, the church not myself), accuse me of being intolerant and forcing my believes on them just for stating that I believe in the Christian god and start ranting about how liberal and tolerant they are while telling me that living Vegan is the only right way to live and that I should profundly change my life. Speak of a holier than thou attitude. lol

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaDynasty said:

Not sure if anybody here has a friend, or knows anybody like this. A friend of mine that I went to high school with, now works at the same store with me. However, he has changed his diet and is now a Vegan. A person who doesn't eat, meat, eggs, or milk, etc. However, each time I eat something for lunch he keeps bugging me, telling me about how bad my diet is and keeps pushing his Vegan ways on me. I would tell him off, but I have seen and read Scott Pilgrim, and don't want to be thrown through walls. Anybody experience this problem?

Iam straight edge like CM Punk, i do belive dont use drugs, alcohol, tobacco and dont have sex wih strangers(Even when rumors says, Punk likes women to much for his own good, even the married ones with other wrestlers), make me better that most of people.

Still, i dont belive i should go to and try to change them into my ideas.

I mean, even as a follower of the Jediism, i dont belive i know everything and that i am always rigth.

Also, the body needs meat, what means, they hurt their own body.

Electric_Sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Electric_Sheep

@OmegaDynasty said:

Not sure if anybody here has a friend, or knows anybody like this. A friend of mine that I went to high school with, now works at the same store with me. However, he has changed his diet and is now a Vegan. A person who doesn't eat, meat, eggs, or milk, etc. However, each time I eat something for lunch he keeps bugging me, telling me about how bad my diet is and keeps pushing his Vegan ways on me. I would tell him off, but I have seen and read Scott Pilgrim, and don't want to be thrown through walls. Anybody experience this problem?

Just tell him that humans are not evolved to be Vegans so really his diet isn't good for him either.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a friend that's some what like that. Though he usually does it on purpose to get a laugh out of it by annoying the people on the lunch table.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#37  Edited By wildvine  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's some advice from a vegan: just accept that we're better than you in every single way.

Bye.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn vegans with their vegetable and fruit superiority.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@danhimself: he made humans out of meat as well....just sayin.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By laflux

One of my ex's was a Pescatarian and another was Vegan. I didn;t find them preachy or anything. I was a Vegetarian for some time as well, so maybe I was just more understanding.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It sounds like he's vegan for dietary reasons, but most vegan are like that because they think cows are humans or something. And what was that thing about Scott Pilgrim?

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know only one, and she's perfectly fine if I eat a big, fat, greasy hamburger in front of her.

I try not to, but she's rational.

So no, no annoying vegan friend.