#1 Posted by Lady_Grimm (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone got any good recommendations for anime that is like Black Lagoon, Ghost In the Shell, or Fate Zero? Anything that is violent/action that doesn't involve High School love or Robots with the exception of Dance In the Vampire Bun

#2 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12479 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellsing Ultimate,FMA Brotherhood Zetman's pretty good, and Highscool of the Dead.If you don't mind classic anime, Gynocyber and Boah are pretty good too.

#3 Edited by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

Queen's Blade = best anime ever

#4 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

Fist of the North star, Fist of the Blue Sky, I'm sure you've seen Cowboy Bebop, are you looking for only anime or are manga's good too.

#5 Posted by Lady_Grimm (1628 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Queen's Blade = best anime ever

Titties.

Also Quasar of Stigmata.

#7 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: More than titties!

Also butts.

But no seriously, it has good designs, great animation, great voice work, buttfuls of fun characters and a tidy little story.

#8 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@nelomaxwell: More than titties!

Also butts.

But no seriously, it has good designs, great animation, great voice work, buttfuls of fun characters and a tidy little story.

IS there a manga? I wanna read it at the old comic shop I worked at we had the figures.

You should check out Qwaser of Stigmata.

#9 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: I know there is but I haven't ready any. I think it's non-canon anyway.

#10 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Darker than Black, Darker than Black, Darker than Black, and Darker than Black.

#11 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18810 posts) - - Show Bio

black Lagoon. rewatch it

Revy <3333333

Also death note/

#12 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

Whassit about? I usually tend to dislike anime.

#13 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11145 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_grimm:

The Count of Monte Christo is awesome.

Deadman Wonderland(you'd have to read the manga for most of the story though, it got cancelled after season 1.)

#14 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@nelomaxwell said:

A war between two occult groups. Main characters get their powers by suckin titties. Has some really bloody battles.

#15 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18967 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Hellsing Ultimate
  • Elfien Lied
  • Claymore
  • Berserk
  • Darker than BLACK
  • Gungrave
  • Jormungand
  • Kaze No Stigma
  • Blue Gender
  • Basilisk
  • Gantz
  • Shigurui

those off the top of my head with violence / action and that don't feature your typical high school protagonist. (technically Kaze no Stigma has like a 18 and 22 year old female/male protagonist, but its not over the top lovey dovey)

@theacidskull: Black Lagoon is awesome.

#16 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone got any good recommendations for anime that is like Black Lagoon, Ghost In the Shell, or Fate Zero? Anything that is violent/action that doesn't involve High School love or Robots with the exception of Dance In the Vampire Bun

Oh Gantz.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@nelomaxwell said:

A war between two occult groups. Main characters get their powers by suckin titties. Has some really bloody battles.

#18 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@joygirl said:

@nelomaxwell said:

Trust me, It's a good series.

#19 Posted by The Stegman (26062 posts) - - Show Bio

Attack on Titan

#20 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@nelomaxwell: May have to check it out.

Oh and also all of their powers are based on the periodic table and listed in level of strength using that as a scale.

#22 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18967 posts) - - Show Bio

Attack on Titan

...I don't know how I forgot this seeing as I just finishing watching all 24 current episodes as of last night...

#23 Edited by JetiiMitra (8874 posts) - - Show Bio

Having very little experience with anime, I'll say Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan. Mostly because those are the only violent/action anime I've really seen.

#24 Posted by Marshall_Long (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

Sengoku Basara Samurai Kings is good if your looking for action.

#25 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

Shingeki no Kyojin is violent as hell.

Blood+ is pretty good, too.

#26 Posted by Oscuro (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Did someone mention titties? :)

#27 Posted by BR_Havoc (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

No one has mentioned this one yet but try an anime called Speed Grapher one of the most memorable I have watched really well done.

#28 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Get over your anti-robot feelings and embrace it.

#31 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18967 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: He actually said he doesn't want high school or robots...two no-no...:p

...still awesome though.

And the animation in the Rebuild movies is among the best you'll ever see too :3

#32 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_grimm: This place will accommodate you very well. Animé Vice.

• Highschool of thee Dead
  • Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)
  • Elfen Lied
  • Calymore

#33 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: He actually said he doesn't want high school or robots...two no-no...:p

...still awesome though.

And the animation in the Rebuild movies is among the best you'll ever see too :3

Rebuild>Neon Genesis for me. Love Rebuild so much.

#34 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18967 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: I am on the fence.

LOVED movie 1.

LOVED first 2/3's of movie 2.

and then they went crazy.

I was like...6/10 with movie 3.

Movie 4 will be crucial because I LOVE End of Evangelion. Its going to be tough competition.

Animation quality in the Rebuild films is top-notch though. Some of the best stuff I've ever seen.

#35 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: Rebuild is a counterargument to people who don't like NGE.

"Oh, you think Shinji's too weak? Here. We'll make him "a badass." Have fun watching how that turns out."

They're both amazing.

#36 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I loved all of 2. There wasn't a bit I didn't like. The ending for me was epic. Love craziness like that.

The animation, I agree, I've not seen anything better.

#37 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: I didn't mind whiny Shinji. Although I do prefer Rebuild Shinji over NG. Rebuild also makes me appreciate Asuka. I never did in NG. No idea why.

#38 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18967 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: @innervenom123: ...I still think Shinji is whiny in the rebuild series. Also the whole Kaworu/Shinji thing was just...weird in film 3. I know fanfiction writers like to go crazy about that relationship...but they seriously just threw barrels of gasoline on the fire.

...and Asuka is EASILY my favorite character <333333333333333333 (Misato 2nd)

I still enjoy both the series and the films. And the anime opening is LEGENDARY.

But yeah....no one can consider themselves an anime fan until they watch NGE, Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Spirited Away :3

Also - if you like NGE. Check out RahXephon.

#39 Posted by Oscuro (1124 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Misato #1 for me. 2nd favourite animé female behind Ryoko of Tenchi Muyo.

I prefer Howls Moving Castle above Spirited Away.

Seen RahXephon years ago. Not long after I watched Neon Genesis. I always wanted a Shinji - Misato relationship. It would appear others did. They practically made it in RahXephon.

#41 Posted by JediXMan (31314 posts) - - Show Bio

Code Geass.

#42 Edited by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: :P

Anything that is violent/action that doesn't involve High School love or Robots with the exception of Dance In the Vampire Bun

#43 Posted by JediXMan (31314 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: :P

@lady_grimm said:

Anything that is violent/actionthat doesn't involve High School love or Robots with the exception of Dance In the Vampire Bun

I don't care. I'm a Code Geass fan; what do you want from me?

#44 Posted by JediXMan (31314 posts) - - Show Bio

... fine.

Hellsing: Ultimate is right up your alley. Not high school, not mechs. Just gory, dark, supernatural stories involving vampires, werewolves, supernatural hunters, and - yes - Nazis.

#45 Edited by Deadite (25381 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunter X Hunter. I haven't watched the Ant arc's anime which was recently released. In the manga it's the most violent arc in the Hunter X Hunter series. I've waited for the Ant arc to be in anime form since I was in 9th grade.

There're diverse opinions on both editions of the anime converted from manga. The original anime was good but it didn't stay true to the original story. Most of the HxH fan are satisfy with both editions of the anime.

I'm a die hard fan of HxH because of the abilities in the story, I love the complexity and individualisitic options characters can use to customize and train their ability. It's also cruel and realistic for how some of the more powerful ability were achieved, and the rules the character integrated into their ability to make it more powerful.

#46 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: @innervenom123: ...I still think Shinji is whiny in the rebuild series. Also the whole Kaworu/Shinji thing was just...weird in film 3. I know fanfiction writers like to go crazy about that relationship...but they seriously just threw barrels of gasoline on the fire.

The point of Kaworu has always been to make fanboys uncomfortable.

#47 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (2182 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of what I would mention has been mentioned already so I leave the rest here. I like animes that are violent with strong MCs, so most of my list revolves around this.

Chrome Shelled Ragios - Main character is ridiculously powerful

Heroic Age - I know you dont want robots but this isnt exactly a robot, cause the MC transforms into it. Also he's so asdfghjkl powerful lol

Mondaiji tachi ga isekai kara kuru sodesuyo - Long name but MC is slightly overpowered, as in he can kill gods (which I like)

Hunter x Hunter - By far one of my favorite animes. Extremely violent and you get to watch the MC grow with his friends

Baccano - No definite main character but the story is very interesting and one of the characters is OP lol (which is my favorite of course)

I would list more but currently this is all I can think off the top of my head and some have already been mentioned by others. Also, you can check out this site for great anime recommendations. I normally search by rank + year, and sometimes genre. anime-planet.com