PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By PikminMania

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Hi, I am a huge fan of Animation Domination. Four of current animations biggest TV shows are on FOX from 8 :00 - 10:00. One problem, the shows tend to dip in quality, and I put it upon myself to start reviewing them. So here is my first batch of reviews for the shows The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, and American Dad. 

I will list them from least to greatest.

Starting it off:

#4 - Family Guy Season 10 Episode 1: Lottery Fever

No Caption Provided
 Review:
Wow. This has to be one of the worst season premieres I have seen in a LONG time. This was bad. The episode is about Peter striking it lucky with the lottery(twice!), and winning 150,000,000 million dollars. Sounds pretty good doesn't it? Well, don't be too impressed by the plot. The whole episode is littered with painfully unfunny jokes that just make me remember why I hated the last season of Family Guy. I think Seth Macfarlane has been focusing his time on his other cartoons much more than this one. The funniest joke was Peter attempting to swim in gold coins like Scrooge Mcduck does in Ducktales, but that still onlt gave me a smile considering I've seen the joke at least two other times. There was about two other "funny" jokes in the episode, but not enough to keep it from seeming like a wasted opportunity.

Overall: 
Some may find the onslaught of dirty jokes like the one about Meg's.... lady parts, but I found it to be irritating and stupid. The plot that could've been fleshed out at the intro of the episode (about one of the dancers in the intro who was impregnated by Peter) seemed much more interesting and potentially funny. I was hoping for the season premiere to be as good as last year's fantastic one.

Score: 3/10

#3 - The Simpsons - Season 23 Episode 1: The Falcon and the D'ohman

No Caption Provided

Review:
This episode exactly what I thought it was going to be, average. In a way, I'm happy that put my expectations somewhat low in the first place. Like last year, this season premiere of The Simpsons wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. First off, I'd like to mention that if anyone actually remembered about the last episode of season 22, the one about Ned and Edna getting together, then congrats. At the end of that episode we were supposed to vote if Ned and Edna would get together and the results would show up in the season premiere. Well, something tells me that the writers forgot about it, because this episode has nothing to do with that premise, as a matter of fact, the results of Nedna were shoe-horned in the episode at the beginning, middle and end. The main premise of this episode is Kiefer Sutherland plays a highly trained government employee on the run who reluctantly becomes a security officer. The episode has a couple funny jokes, but it also has a lot of cutaways showing that pat of Kiefer Sutherland's character. Luckily, it didn't have nearly as much as Family Guy, and most of the flashbacks were cool and/or funny.

Overall:
This was an above average episode, but nothing special. The guest stars were nice, but Kiefer just foesn't have the right deliviry for his jokes.

Score: 7/10 - Above Average

#2 - American Dad - Season 7 Episode 1: Hot Water

No Caption Provided

Review:
This episode was a pretty good episode that tried to be an horror film parody. I say tried because in the end it failed at doing it. Cee Lo Green stars as a singing hot tub from the 70s that Stan buys to relieve his stress. But in a twist of events, the hot tub is evil!!! The hot tub is so evil that it actually kills Principal Lewis and Stan! There is more crazy and dark stuff throughout the episode, mostly in the lyrics of the songs. That is another thing I liked about this episode, it was a musical, albeit kind of a rip off of Little Shop of Horrors but a good musical nonetheless.

Overall:
A good premiere that was dark and funny. The songs were also pretty catchy, sometimes.

Score: 7.5/10

#1 - The Cleveland Show - Season 3 Episode 1: BFFs

No Caption Provided

Review:
So far Animation Domination has gotten off to a pretty rough start with average episodes, but luckily The Cleveland Show was very good. The episode is about Peter Griffin of Family Guy fame coming Stoolbend. Contradictory to what one would expect, Peter is not reuniting with Cleveland in this episode. Instead he makes friends with the locals and ignores Cleveland. In response, Cleveland calls on Nature Boy Ric Flair to help Cleveland bond with his own friends by putting them on a camping trip. This was the strong point of the episode I think since rapist locals end up catching them and plan on... well.. raping them! *Insert M. Bison yelling OF COURSE* During all of this, Donna enters Rallo in a Quiz Bowl tournament to show he is as smart as the other kids. This also led to my personal favorite joke of the episode where Donna references Marge Lois and Francine.

Overall:
This was the best out of the batch of season premieres for this season. Like I previously stated, Seth Macfarlane seems to be putting more itme into American Dad and Cleveland Show at the moment, and it shows with this episode.

Score:
7.5/10

Well, that was my first review on this site or anywhere for that matter, so don't judge too harshly. Some constructive criticism would be nice though. Also, the pictures aren't uploading to Comic Vine for some reason, only Family Guy's did.