• 111 results
Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1139 posts) 11 months, 28 days ago

Poll: Andrew Garfield vs Tobey Maguire (Spiderman) (106 votes)

Tobey Maguire 55%
Andrew Garfield 43%

Who was the better Peter Parker? Who was the better Spider man? All in all, who fit Spiderman?

#101 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Just gonna leave this here...

#102 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Even when people hates The Amazing Spiderman.

They should notice Tobey Maguire follows Cage logic of acting

This is from his best acting Brothers.

I am as good as Hugh Jackman, Henry Cavill and Christian Bale, look i deserve an Oscar for this!!!!

I won an Oscar even when Hollywood hates i dont playe the fame game.
Please even with all the hate MOS had people liked me and i am going to be in more movies and my future looks great.
I have being Wolverine since 2000 and they never reboot me and i am stronger that ever.

#103 Edited by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: last time I checked tobeys Peter was on,y devastated by his uncles death for a couple days while Andrews was for the entire movie and for someone who lost their father at 13 it's something I never got over till this day and all your other complaints are wrong except for the villains due to the fact the lizard can be a terrible villian unless you incorporate some elements but last time I checked they made almost every character outside of Peter Mary and Harry one dimensional and Mary Jane was a whore Harry was stupid and a cry baby like Pete I mean people like doctor conors Robey Betty brant and Eddie Brock he had little toon I traction with and gave us the same formula

-peters life is going good then all of a sudden something bad happens that makes him emotional aka spiderman 2 loosing his job aka spiderman 3 finding out sandman killed his uncle (the dumbest thing you could ever do in a spiderman movie )

-him and MJ get into a argument and break up for a stupid reason and then she leaves him for another guy

-introduce villain

-first fight where spiderman gets the crap beat out of him

-Peter getting ready to take down another villain

-Peter try's to get MJ back but she rejects him again

-MJ gets captured

-final fight were the villain dies and spiderman almost dies and then gets MJ back

-they live happily ever after

#104 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield.

#105 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5805 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: last time I checked tobeys Peter was on,y devastated by his uncles death for a couple days while Andrews was for the entire movie and for someone who lost their father at 13 it's something I never got over till this day and all your other complaints are wrong except for the villains due to the fact the lizard can be a terrible villian unless you incorporate some elements but last time I checked they made almost every character outside of Peter Mary and Harry one dimensional and Mary Jane was a whore Harry was stupid and a cry baby like Pete I mean people like doctor conors Robey Betty brant and Eddie Brock he had little toon I traction with and gave us the same formula

-peters life is going good then all of a sudden something bad happens that makes him emotional aka spiderman 2 loosing his job aka spiderman 3 finding out sandman killed his uncle (the dumbest thing you could ever do in a spiderman movie )

-him and MJ get into a argument and break up for a stupid reason and then she leaves him for another guy

-introduce villain

-first fight where spiderman gets the crap beat out of him

-Peter getting ready to take down another villain

-Peter try's to get MJ back but she rejects him again

-MJ gets captured

-final fight were the villain dies and spiderman almost dies and then gets MJ back

-they live happily ever after

MJ never dumped him untill 3, and when that happened they didn't get back together at the end from how it looked.

#106 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5805 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

And here is why the Raimi trilogy is better than Sony's Spidey:

-Characters are more sympathetic and realistic. Anyone who says the Garfield Spidey is better must have left the theatre at Uncle Ben's death. In the old movie, his death devestates Peter. It pretty much ruins his life for the first 2 movies, and he has this look of torture. And yes, his crying was part of that. In the new version, Garfield has the same reaction you might get when your COMPUTER CRASHES IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ESSAY

-Interesting villains without being overdone. Webb really had no idea what to do with the Lizard. He didn't know whether he wanted to make him an evil scientist, a misguided soul who thinks he's a savior, or a tortured personality. It was like a much weaker, less interesting version of Spider-Man 2's Dr. Octopus, whose conversion actually made sense near the end as Peter reminded him why he became a scientist in the first place and why it's important ("It should be used for the good of mankind...") Let's forget Spidey 3 existed.

-The responsibility thing made sense. In the new Spidey, he wasn't doing something that bad. Yes, he lied to his Aunt and Uncle but it was in the sake of knowledge. In the original, it was for the sake of greed and lust, which makes me feel like I can sympathize more with him, especially during the "I'm responsible" scene in No. 2.

-Tobey is a better Spidey. I'm sorry, but it's true. I already ranted about the Uncle Death scene, but I'll go even further. Garfield seemed really confused on how to play Peter Parker. He didn't know if he wanted to be funny or awkward, and we end up with a weird fusion of the two. Maguire managed to play hints of both which resulted in a much more charming character.

-The confusing ending to Amazing Spider-Man. I REALLY hated this one. It just felt like Webb wanted to remake the original Spider-Man but didn't want to be too obvious, so we ended up with the "Are they or aren't they" mess of an ending that REALLY didn't work

-The score. That Danny Elfman Spider-Man score is classic IMO. THAT is what I think of when I think of the Spider-Man theme.

So much of this. Andrew Garfield was just way too awkward and the guy can barely act. With Toby, you felt like he was really Spider-Man.

You win the game of film critique! :)

(E-High Five)

#107 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5870 posts) - - Show Bio

Just gonna leave this here...

d-d-d-d-damn-damn door-fix this damn door- fix this damn door-d-d-d-d-d hahahahahaha this vid is so awesome

#108 Posted by cameron83 (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

@fallschirmjager: Ugh, How great was Emma Stone as Gwen? She was so sweet.

Man their chemistry together was brilliant. Some of the best scenes are when the two of them aren't even saying anything. Like when Peter is first trying to ask her out but is too shy to get any coherent words and is just sort of mumbling...and she is understanding and just sort of agrees, lol. Very cute scene.

I also loved Uncle Ben in the film.

"Hey! He has you on his computer, I'm his probation worker!''

And what Peter whispered to her at the end about the promises that are broken are the best kind, and her slight smile, so well done

Yeah. I think TASM suffered a bit because it had to retell the origin story to establish the character. And by now of course since it is a reboot, many people (not just hardcore comic book fans) are very familiar with the story and we kind of didn't want to see it again (myself included).

That being said of course, TASM told the origin story better than the original Spider Man in 2002 did, IMO. I really like the fact the Peter never actually catches Ben's killer. It shows a maturity and acceptance on a different level than Spider Man in 2002 did, where he caught the guy.

It sort of culminates after Peter saves the little boy and returns him to his father. He accepts the fact that yes he does have powers and yes he has a responbility to the people of New York. Its not longer about revenge and it doesn't matter if he catches Ben's killer or not as long as he continues saving people he is honoring his uncles memory more than he ever could if he caught the guy.

But yeah...anyway. Loved the new film, loved Andrew and Emma. Very excited to see many more TASM movies. Spidey is just so unique is ability to cater to both a young and mature crowd, I hope we can get a good film franchise going for him for the next decade ;)

this.

I loved the new film better than the freaking emo. In fact,tobey contributed to me hating Spider man and many others.

I loved Andrews...not only does he look like peter (to me),but he actually does the role much better and the way he acts....and his costume...it just says Peter Parker to me. I mean,it's like it was actually Peter.....

#109 Edited by cameron83 (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Well, this thread made me re-watch each film, and I stand by my opinion, Garfield was the better Peter/Spidey, and ASM was better than Raimi's trilogy.

-More humorous moments, not just Spidey's quips, but how he learned how to use his powers, how he interacted with Gwen, how he humiliated Flash. Everything was just so much more fun.

-A better Flash Thompson, he's not just some generic bully, but he actually was shown to not be ALL bad when he tried to console Peter after Ben died. Also, he became a Spidey fan at the end, which could lead to them doing more with him.

-Emma Stone was better than Spider-Man 3's Gwen and A HELL of a lot better than the boring damsel in distress that was MJ

-I like how they differentiated his origins from the Raimi trilogy, no wrestling career, but they did hint at it by having him fall through a ceiling into a wrestling ring.

-As someone above said, I like that Peter never caught Uncle Ben's killer.

-Spidey fought like an actual spider which was neat, and I like how he used his webs and kind of "punched" them at people.

-I like how Peter was actually SMART in this film and invented things, not just being ''smart'' by giving out random info about spiders

-I LOVE how it ended with his words to Gwen about the promises that can be broken are the best kind.

-I like how we have some mystery about the Parker's deaths and how that might play in future films (I personally hope Osborn is behind it)

Overall, Amazing Spider-Man was superior to Raimi's films in almost every category (except villains, Ock and Osborn were better than the Lizard..but hopefully we can get more villains in the sequels).

This.

Not only that,but he portrayed Peter better (actually portraying him,well,the way Peter is supposed to be portrayed.As a human.Yet he still has high morals.But it's like he is...modern.Like he's actually a teenager from New york.Yet it completely retains Peter's personality,morals,etc. Basically all of the things that make him unique and Peter Parker).

And I liked his acting better. Although Tobey's is not bad,either.

Also,the old one was so crappy to me. I mean,the villain (Green Goblin) just seemed like such an archetype. And the crappy voice didn't help,either...

But Tobey's spider-man isn't really bad,just that I like Andrew's better......

@fallschirmjager

I think people view the Raimi trilogy much like they view Christopher Reeve. Too many people are looking through nostalgia colored glasses imo.

Spider Man 1 was a pretty good movie. But I think TASM told the origin story much better than the original. We actually got to meet Peter's parents which could have plot ramifications later. I also hated that he didn't build his web shooters in the original Spiderman and instead they were organic. And Peter not catching Ben's killer had more meaning than the original where he did catch the guy.

Spider Man 2 is still the best Spider Man movie so far, I will agree. Mostly because Doc Oc was the best villain in any of the movies, but I have faith that TASM will improve its villains. Lizard was ok (and I loved the tie-in of him knowing Peters' parents and him being a mentor-ish figure to Peter). I also liked the CGI, maybe I'm alone on that one. Its a comic book movie...it can't be 100% realistic.

Spider Man 3 is 100% garbage.

So for me right now Spider Man 2 > TASM > Spider Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spider Man 3.

Still prefer Garfield over Tobey any day. Who cares if Garfield rode a skateboard? I don't know what your experiences in high school were, but the skateboarding clique were never the "popular, cool kids". I never envied someone on a skateboard...

Also Emma Stone is wayyyyy better than Dunst. Even if they portray difference characters. (Although Dunst did look super hot in the raining scene...)

This

Also this....

#110 Posted by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: she dumped him 2 cause she married Jameson's son and Peter was begging for her back (haven't watched it lately I see.) witch would of been a perfect time to introduce black cat but you can't get what you want also the original trilogy weren't bad movies they were fun hell I only like spiderman3 for the fights but when I want an actual spiderman movie I watch spiderman spiderman 2 and the amazing spiderman besides the original trilogy pretty much gave Stan lee and Steve ditko the finger cause they butchered the hell out of the comics

#111 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio