Anderson Silva vs Rashad Evans

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ALMIGHTY

Rashad Evans has stated that he would like to move down to middleweight to fight Silva, at 185 who would win ???

VS

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ALMIGHTY

Bump

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jayfournines

Anderson Silva wins this, more skilled, better instincts and Rashad has a weak chin.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By darktiger

@Jayfournines: agreed

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bo88gdan

Anderson Silva Ko round 2 

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

Silva.

Rashad has one hell of a Dbl leg though but not better than Chael's and Anderson stuffed Chael's PWR Dbl in their last fight so he should be able to stuff Rashad's. Although Rashad does mix his strikes together very well taking someone like Rampage down isn't very easy.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayfournines

I know right now most people are on an Anderson Silva high...but come on, he DISMANTLED Chael Sonnen. He didn't even move a hand in the first round, he took EVERYTHING Chael had and then he completely humiliated him in round 2. That right there is showing how superior Anderson is to most of his competition. To be honest, the only person who could probably give him a run for his money is Georges St. Pierre.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

@Jayfournines said:

I know right now most people are on an Anderson Silva high...but come on, he DISMANTLED Chael Sonnen. He didn't even move a hand in the first round, he took EVERYTHING Chael had and then he completely humiliated him in round 2. That right there is showing how superior Anderson is to most of his competition. To be honest, the only person who could probably give him a run for his money is Georges St. Pierre.

He threw a jab and a straight........

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Silva whips Rashads ass.

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ALMIGHTY

@Jayfournines said:

Jones is better competition than GSP here is why, GSP has a glass jaw, doesn't have good enough striking to survive with Silva, and when he takes you down he has 2 weakness, he has SUSPECT submission defense, AND just as Chael was he is not AGRESSIVE with his ground and pound, he looks to lay and pray and does not go for the kill, which will not work against Silva.

As for what tools Jones have that GSP does not, Reach to go along with his Unorthodox YET EFFECTIVE Kickboxing/Muay Thai that can keep him AT LEAST alive against Anderson on the feet, He has Greco Roman Style wrestling which is effective in the clinch which is were Anderson likes to go as a second option, So that will Give Jones defensive and offensive clinch work, Jones has AMAZING top control to go along with his AGGRESSIVENESS, although he goes for the kill he does it without being caught in a submission or being held down or swept. And that is what is needed to beat Anderson someone with NOT GOOD but GREAT Standup, a Great Chin, Great Wrestling, and Great Agression from the top on the ground.

Jones applies for all of those things GSP only accounts for 1, Jones is the best chance the UFC has at finding someone to beat Silva, I believe if GSP were to fight Silva he would only suffer 1 of the defeats Chael has, Submission or TKO, because his CHIN and SUB DEFENSE is SUSPECT.

imbackwimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By imbackwimps

@Jayfournines said:

Anderson Silva wins this, more skilled, better instincts and Rashad has a weak chin.

this

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By society619

Glass Jaw Evans gets smashed

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ALMIGHTY

It's funny Rashad gets Knocked out ONCE !!! And all of a sudden people say he has a glass jaw.... If that's how we judge fighters a lot of fighters have glass jaws then.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Static Shock

Silva. Not even a question.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lady_liberty

Rashad just isn't in Silva's class skill wise. So I don't really see how this is a serious question.

AKA_TERMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AKA_TERMINATOR

@Lady_Liberty said:

Rashad just isn't in Silva's class skill wise. So I don't really see how this is a serious question.

why do you say that?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

@AKA_TERMINATOR: Why do you have so many accounts?

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SteveRogers

Silva thread/

AKA_TERMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AKA_TERMINATOR

@Static Shock said:

@AKA_TERMINATOR: Why do you have so many accounts?

Cause i've been going nuts trying to think of a creative one, I honestly dont like the TERMINATOR1234 account because the numbers dont make it original. everytime i make an account i end up seeming unhappy with it, I like this one because its the most original as its gonna get.... I wish I had " TERMINATOR_FAN " back, but i think its deleted, i think i'll just stick with this one from now on. if you want banned the others ban TERMINATOR1234, deadpool6_6_6, and the others you saw. if you want, cause i wont use em.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock

@AKA_TERMINATOR: I'm not going to ban them at all. I was just wondering why you had so many.

AKA_TERMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AKA_TERMINATOR

@Static Shock: alrighty, i decided this will be the one from now on.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shawnbaby

Do i need to point out that these are not comic characters and thus this should be in the "gen. Discussion" forum?

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Greendevil

Ive got Silva as the obvious favorite. But people on CV underestimate Rashad. He is Chael (a fantastic wrestler) but with excellent boxing and speed. Imo he has the best chance to stop Silva. Rashad is better than

• Hendo
  • Sonnen
  • Munioz
  • Belfort
  • Wandy
  • Lombard

He has all the tools to beat Silva. But Silva has the edge, cuz the fight starts standing and he is a wizard there + has excellent TDD. Also lmao Rashad has a glass jaw? He has been stopped 1 time from Lyoto (i blame Greg the snoozfest Jackson for that) and he took some solid elbows from JJ. He is a legitimate threat imo!

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By nefarious

Silva.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Rumble Man

Rashad can come over for BBQ

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Rashad. If Sonnen can land a hit on Anderson, Rashad can finish the job, and take him down also.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

I'd imagine Silva taking the win here. He just seems to be on another level than most.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Greendevil said:

Ive got Silva as the obvious favorite. But people on CV underestimate Rashad. He is Chael (a fantastic wrestler) but with excellent boxing and speed. Imo he has the best chance to stop Silva. Rashad is better than

• Hendo
  • Sonnen
  • Munioz
  • Belfort
  • Wandy
  • Lombard

He has all the tools to beat Silva. But Silva has the edge, cuz the fight starts standing and he is a wizard there + has excellent TDD. Also lmao Rashad has a glass jaw? He has been stopped 1 time from Lyoto (i blame Greg the snoozfest Jackson for that) and he took some solid elbows from JJ. He is a legitimate threat imo!

Anderson can still get taken down by a good wrestler (Sonnen) and Evans is just that. Anderson also got punched (Sonnen). Evans can do that.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Greendevil

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Greendevil said:

• Hendo
  • Sonnen
  • Munioz
  • Belfort
  • Wandy
  • Lombard

Anderson can still get taken down by a good wrestler (Sonnen) and Evans is just that. Anderson also got punched (Sonnen). Evans can do that.

well said

@Rumble Man said:

Rashad can come over for BBQ

Churrasco for everybody

No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock

@Jnr6Lil said:

Sonnen also lost via TKO. It can happen to Evans, too.

Never mind Sonnen's wrestling. It wasn't like he was able to take Silva down in the second round when Silva's takedown defense showed itself.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Greendevil

@Static Shock said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Never mind Sonnen's wrestling. It wasn't like he was able to take Silva down in the second round when Silva's takedown defense showed itself.

of course it can happen to Evans to, its MMA

I love Silva and couldn't be more happy that he won over Chael. And i agree, his TDD was amazing. But it wasn't only TDD that saved him from the TD. If you saw the fight, you know as well as i that Anderson grabbed his shorts 3 times in the second round. I dont care he did that cuz i just wanted him to win. Chael said he was going to smack Silvas wife on the ass and tell her to make him a steak. Imo if you talk like that, you deserve what you get.

Rashad would absolutely destroy Sonnen in a MMA fight imo!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

@Greendevil: Grabbing his shorts had no effect on the outcome. Sonnen himself said this after the fight, and he also said that he grabbed Silva's shorts back. When the ref warned Silva, he never grabbed his shorts again.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

Lol I see enough of these threads on sherdog everyday.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Static Shock said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Sonnen took him down int he first round.

Evans isn't as sloppy as a striker of Sonnen.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Greendevil said:

• Hendo
  • Sonnen
  • Munioz
  • Belfort
  • Wandy
  • Lombard

Agreed with this post.

Rashad's unorthodoxness and speed will be a problem for him the way he mixes his hands together with his takedowns is just spectacular. Just look at how he takes down Page someone who has an 80%+ TDD.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock

@Jnr6Lil said:

But, failed to do it again in the second, which is a testament to Silva's takedown defense.

I'm not to worried about Evans' striking game, which is still inferior to Silva's, either way.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

@Greendevil said:

• Hendo
  • Sonnen
  • Munioz
  • Belfort
  • Wandy
  • Lombard

His jaw is Questionable go and watch the Thiago Silva fight he got rocked, in the 3rd of the rampage fight he was rocked. And you blame Greg Jackson for what? That is just stupid.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Static Shock said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

But, failed to do it again in the second, which is a testament to Silva's takedown defense.

I'm not to worried about Evans' striking game, which is still inferior to Silva's, either way.

If Sonnen can hit Silva, so can Evans

Because after that I'm sure, Silva figured out Sonnen's gameplan. Again Evans mixes striking and wrestling, he won't be like Sonnen and go 100% takedowns. Hell I'm sure he can take Silva down if he took down Page.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

@Jnr6Lil said:

Because after that I'm sure, Silva figured out Sonnen's gameplan. Again Evans mixes striking and wrestling, he won't be like Sonnen and go 100% takedowns. Hell I'm sure he can take Silva down if he took down Page.

Evans didn't seem mix it up as much against Jones, though. Whether or not he doesn't go 100% takedowns, standing up with Silva would still be bad territory. Being able to mix his strikes with takedowns doesn't make him unreadable, nor does take away from Silva's defense. The skill level between Silva and Rampage is too significant to make such a comparison. Rampage couldn't even beat Griffin, yet, Silva made Griffin look like a scrub.

thveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By thveej

Silva wins in 5 round fight. More dynamic finisher in a 5 round fight is always a big plus. Big problem for rashad is he doesn't throw his hands in combination much, more of a single shot guy. And he likes to take his time in stand up and size up his opponent, bad recipe against Silva (similar to how Machida owned him in the stand-up, half the time when Rashad throws a strike he is off balance and that is terrible against a great counter striker like Machida and Silva). Rashad has good wrestling but I don't think its as good as Chael (lets remember Chael was an olympic team alternative ), and beside a few fights (rampage, phill davis) Rashad usually get his take-downs by pushing his opponent towards the cage (most of the rampage fight, bisping fight, silva fight, jones fight etc.) and working form there and isn't really a power double guy (again with a few exceptions in few fights). More importantly at this point in time the best chance to beat silva is a good grappler with submission skills and good explosive take-downs.

Rashad is the best fight to make right now, good fighter with good name who will give anderson a good fight (if Rashad takes him down and submits him it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world) I would also like to see Shogun vs. Anderson, but shogun might get hurt really bad in that fight.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

@thveej said:

Silva wins in 5 round fight. More dynamic finisher in a 5 round fight is always a big plus. Big problem for rashad is he doesn't throw his hands in combination much, more of a single shot guy. And he likes to take his time in stand up and size up his opponent, bad recipe against Silva (similar to how Machida owned him in the stand-up, half the time when Rashad throws a strike he is off balance and that is terrible against a great counter striker like Machida and Silva). Rashad has good wrestling but I don't think its as good as Chael (lets remember Chael was an olympic team alternative ), and beside a few fights (rampage, phill davis) Rashad usually get his take-downs by pushing his opponent towards the cage (most of the rampage fight, bisping fight, silva fight, jones fight etc.) and working form there and isn't really a power double guy (again with a few exceptions in few fights). More importantly at this point in time the best chance to beat silva is a good grappler with submission skills and good explosive take-downs.

Rashad is the best fight to make right now, good fighter with good name who will give anderson a good fight (if Rashad takes him down and submits him it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world) I would also like to see Shogun vs. Anderson, but shogun might get hurt really bad in that fight.

1. Rashad will never submit Silva. Not only is Rashad not a submission artist he would never submit a BJJ black belt like Silva.

2. Anderson would never fight Shogun and Vice Versa. None of the Chute Boxe fightes would ever fight each other except for Pele and Anderson and thats because they just hate each other.

thveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thveej

@IIDEADxPOOLII: I didn't say rashad would submit him, I said silva would win (probably 9/10 times), i said i wouldn't be suprise if he did (plus u telling me that there is absolutely zero chance that Anderson, the guy who got submitted by Ryo Chonan and Dajiu Takase when he was a black belt, could not feasibly in any circumstances get submitted by rashad? (a black belt himself) however unlikely it is and knowing that crazy stuff happens in mma (sera ko'ing GSP, kevin randleman ko'ing crop cop forrest griffin submitting shogun etc.). big difference bro. Second i sad i "want" the shogun fight, not that it will happen.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

@thveej said:

@IIDEADxPOOLII: I didn't say rashad would submit him, I said silva would win (probably 9/10 times), i said i wouldn't be suprise if he did (plus u telling me that there is absolutely zero chance that Anderson, the guy who got submitted by Ryo Chonan and Dajiu Takase when he was a black belt, could not feasibly in any circumstances get submitted by rashad? (a black belt himself) however unlikely it is and knowing that crazy stuff happens in mma (sera ko'ing GSP, kevin randleman ko'ing crop cop forrest griffin submitting shogun etc.). big difference bro. Second i sad i "want" the shogun fight, not that it will happen.

Anderson ohh certainly was not a BJJ Black Belt in his Pride days he wasn't with Big Nog back then. And he lost to Chonan and Takase because he was inexperienced back then he was still training with Wand and the rest of the Chute Boxe academy his knowledge of the ground game was no where near as good as it is now. And my bad on the Shogun part.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Static Shock said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Evans didn't seem mix it up as much against Jones, though. Whether or not he doesn't go 100% takedowns, standing up with Silva would still be bad territory. Being able to mix his strikes with takedowns doesn't make him unreadable, nor does take away from Silva's defense. The skill level between Silva and Rampage is too significant to make such a comparison. Rampage couldn't even beat Griffin, yet, Silva made Griffin look like a scrub.

Because Jones has a super long reach that makes it hard for him to strike. Standing with Silva isn't always bad territory if your a striker like Rashad. Again Sonnen was able to hit Anderson. And yes being able to mix up your strikes does make you unreadable, because it has Silva worrying whether he should defend the strikes or the takedown. We don't know how good of a wrestler, Evans is against Silva. And MMAmath doesn't always work, especially when we're talking pure takedown defense, something Rampage is better at Anderson at, yet Evans took him down.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

Anderson Silva stomps with ease.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By ShootingNova

Silva quarters him and throws him into a black hole.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

@thveej said:

Anderson ohh certainly was not a BJJ Black Belt in his Pride days he wasn't with Big Nog back then. And he lost to Chonan and Takase because he was inexperienced back then he was still training with Wand and the rest of the Chute Boxe academy his knowledge of the ground game was no where near as good as it is now. And my bad on the Shogun part.

Rashad has good sub defense probably

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock

Silva still wins, regardless.