• 88 results
Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Anderson Silva VS Chris Weidman (25 votes)

Anderson Silva 68%
Chris Weidman 32%

Who will win at UFC 162?

#1 Posted by PowerHerc (85102 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Silva makes a big mistake or suddenly gets old and slow, he will defeat Weidman.

#2 Posted by mikesterman (862 posts) - - Show Bio

he will rape weidman in the face. weidman stands absolute no chance against silva

#3 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

AIN'T NO SUNSHINE WHEN IT'S OOOOOON, ONLY DARKNESS EVERY DAAAAAAAY.

Silva takes it. Now, let's take some time to apperciate him.

#4 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

he will rape weidman in the face. weidman stands absolute no chance against silva

Weidman can take him down and can even pull of a submission.

To me Anderson Silva wins it by tko strikes.

#5 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that is allowed in the UFC.

#6 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8519 posts) - - Show Bio

Weidman has the potential to beat Silva and be his biggest threat. However I think he doesn't have the experience needed to be that threat yet. He's got all the tools and skills, just not the experience for someone of Silva's capabilities.

I say Silva by TKO in the second round.

#7 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8519 posts) - - Show Bio

Weidman has the potential to beat Silva and be his biggest threat. However I think he doesn't have the experience needed to be that threat yet. He's got all the tools and skills, just not the experience for someone of Silva's capabilities.

#8 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Weidman FTW. Not only has he greatly improved on his beastly striking prowess, but has also been polishing up on his BJJ. I think both standing and on the ground, Weidman has the advantages. I say Weidman wins via knockout late in the 2nd round.

#10 Edited by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

Could AS lose for the first time in UFC?

#11 Edited by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

The klingons attack and everyone dies.

#12 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really a betting man, but I just put down 10 against a friend on Silva.

High roller here.

#13 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33969 posts) - - Show Bio

When is the fight?

#15 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by MrDirector786 (43612 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm rooting for Silva.

#18 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Weidman's got this, Anderson's getting too old. Remember what happened to the Hall of Famer, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, or even Cheick Kongo for that matter?! Age is a difference in this sport and if your not at the peak of your level than it's time for you to hang up the towel.

#19 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33969 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I think Weidman might be the one, I mean after watching interviews and stuff even Silva doesn't seem sure

#20 Posted by Bogey (948 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we are all winners after that kiss they shared at the weigh ins.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33969 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey said:

I think we are all winners after that kiss they shared at the weigh ins.

lol

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (85102 posts) - - Show Bio

This event is now underway.

Let's hope this one has some shockers!

#23 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Melancon's knockout at the horn was nuts! I'm hoping Weidman wins this one, I got a lot of money going for him right about now! So far, 4/6 of my picks have been correct. Let's just hope my streak keeps going!!

#24 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

ANDERSON SLIVA LOST!

#25 Edited by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy Sh!t... Chris Weidman knocked Anderson Silva the Fack Out !

Did you Dudes see how he Did It ? That was Epic !

Anderson's Cocky Behavior Finally Caught Up With Him !

GOT DAMN...

#26 Posted by PowerHerc (85102 posts) - - Show Bio

Silva was clowning like a flashy jackass and got caught!

When you act like that, you deserve to get knocked out.

Weidman wins!

#27 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... who would have thought Anderson Silva's reign would end like that ? I thought dude was playing around even when he got dropped at first... LOL

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33969 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude thought he was Muhammad Ali and got cold clocked

#29 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude thought he was Muhammad Ali and got cold clocked

Silva has done this before though... where he would drop his hands and even get punched in the face... it's just no one could drop him like that.

LOL

#30 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8519 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Silva lost, admittedly I didn't think he would. It's so disrespectful to do what he does in the ring sometimes.

Gladly my predictions for the Kennedy and Edgar fights were correct.

#31 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

That's it. KOed by a mediocre wrestler. That's no way for the greatest to go out :-(

#32 Posted by MrDirector786 (43612 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm disappointed that Silva lost. Oh well. I guess there's just a limit to how many times you can play around with your opponents.

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33969 posts) - - Show Bio

17 seconds LOL

#34 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would have ever thought that The Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time would possibly be The Dunce in one of the Most Remarkable KO's in MMA History. So many times The Spider has KO'd folks in Grand Fashion and now he goes out as a Silly Monkey.

#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33969 posts) - - Show Bio

That's it. KOed by a mediocre wrestler. That's no way for the greatest to go out :-(

It's what he gets for clowning about

#36 Edited by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio
@king_saturn said:

Wow... who would have thought Anderson Silva's reign would end like that ? I thought dude was playing around even when he got dropped at first... LOL

Lol

There goes 10 dollars. Who could have guessed that Silva would be screwing around in the ring during the biggest fight of his career?

I half think the whole thing was rigged - Silva losing after acting in his normal cocky manner exaggerated exponentially. Afterwards, him just talking about how he's tired of defending the title and doesn't even want to fight Weidman again, in a serious fight. Repeatedly proclaiming, Weidman's the champion now. At the same time, he kinda stole the thunder out from Weidman since it is a rather hollow victory.

#37 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: He always does that, and it's when he's at his most dangerous.

#38 Posted by HigorM (4050 posts) - - Show Bio

What a shame !!

#39 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Chris manage even one title defense?

#40 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm... Chris Weidman vs Vitor Belfort

#41 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33969 posts) - - Show Bio

So whats this announcement?

#42 Posted by HigorM (4050 posts) - - Show Bio

Vitor Belfort deserves it more then anyone on the UFC.

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33969 posts) - - Show Bio

When's this announcement?

#44 Edited by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

There It Is !

weidman-silva-ko

#45 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

There It Is Again !

LOL

KO-1

#46 Edited by HigorM (4050 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Vitor is the most quallfied fighter but Dana White already said before the UFC 162 that in case of a victory for Weidman, we could already announce a rematch.. So Vitor will have to wait a little longer :(

#47 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer:

Going with rigged.

Going against that stupid ass shit. Like, I was legit pissed. Me and my friends, my one friend even saying he likes Chris Weidman said that was some rigged b.s.

Like, tell me how knowing what Silva can do, he let him hit him like that? It was either one dumb slip up, or it was a mistake. Bottom line is this, Chris's lucky ass better hope he never gets in the ring with Silva again.

Even on that note, Silva was acting like a complete idiot. Think Silva is one of the best out there, but like I said. There was no way Silva wasn't taking this if it wasn't for that lucky shot. Like, I keep looking at that gif, and I just keep doubting that little swipe legitametly took down such a beast.

As I said before though. If Silva went all the way, Weidman would've been out.

#48 Edited by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

@jonny_anonymous: Vitor is the most quallfied fighter but Dana White already said before the UFC 162 that in case of a victory for Weidman, we could already announce a rematch.. So Vitor will have to wait a little longer :(

After the fight Silva was talking like he did not want to fight Chris Weidman again... though I think if The Spider came in serious he could easily avenge his Hilarious Showing tonight.

#49 Edited by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it REALLY doesnt seems like Silva was trying at all. At the end he didnt even try to fight back or protect himself.

Did he state he is retiring or something similar?

#50 Posted by MrDirector786 (43612 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it REALLY doesnt seems like Silva was trying at all. At the end he didnt even try to fight back or protect himself.

Did he state he is retiring or something similar?

In the post-fight interview, he said he's not retiring. He usually plays around with his opponents but I guess there's a limit to how many times you can get away with doing that.