Analogy from from Romans to comics

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I was just wondering, if anyone could help me out here. I'm working on a speech for ancient history and the topic we're doing is the First Triumvirate during the Roman times. I want to use an analogy to highlight the situation, so does anyone know any comics that have the same situation?

If anyone doesn't know about the First Triumvirate, here's a run-down: Caesar, Pompey and Crassus are three politicians who hope to overturn the Senate because the Senate turned down three reasonable favours of theirs.

Anyone have an idea?
Post Edited:2007-05-28 03:23:34

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Nothing specific comes to mind, but something involving Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman going against the JLA springs to mind. I'm not an expert on ancient Roman politics, so that really is abit of a wild stab.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Captain Cascader

Definitely would say the "Trinity" as mentioned above. The main point would be that a body of 3 people is destined to failure because of the old 2 on 1 alliance. Before the Triumvirate and Caesar the highest office was that of consul, of which there were two every elected senate. The hope was that there was a check and balance between two equal parties.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Yeah, WW, Batman and Superman came to mind first, but I was wondering if there are specific examples, apart from the Max Lord incident?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

What about the OMAC project? Where Bats had been spying on the others without there knowledge and Wonder Woman and Supes where against Bats. Sorry, thought I'd add it anyway.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

It's much less dramatic, but there is their whole debate about who to bring in to the reformed League in the current run. They end up letting fate decide.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Lord Gambler says:

"What about the OMAC project? Where Bats had been spying on the others without there knowledge and Wonder Woman and Supes where against Bats. Sorry, thought I'd add it anyway."

Any idea is appreciated.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thanks.

Avatar image for firstseekonship
FirstSeekOnShip

Forum Posts