#1 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering, if anyone could help me out here. I'm working on a speech for ancient history and the topic we're doing is the First Triumvirate during the Roman times. I want to use an analogy to highlight the situation, so does anyone know any comics that have the same situation?

If anyone doesn't know about the First Triumvirate, here's a run-down: Caesar, Pompey and Crassus are three politicians who hope to overturn the Senate because the Senate turned down three reasonable favours of theirs.

Anyone have an idea?
Post Edited:2007-05-28 03:23:34

#2 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing specific comes to mind, but something involving Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman going against the JLA springs to mind. I'm not an expert on ancient Roman politics, so that really is abit of a wild stab.

#3 Posted by Captain Cascader (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely would say the "Trinity" as mentioned above. The main point would be that a body of 3 people is destined to failure because of the old 2 on 1 alliance. Before the Triumvirate and Caesar the highest office was that of consul, of which there were two every elected senate. The hope was that there was a check and balance between two equal parties.

Staff
#4 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, WW, Batman and Superman came to mind first, but I was wondering if there are specific examples, apart from the Max Lord incident?

#5 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the OMAC project? Where Bats had been spying on the others without there knowledge and Wonder Woman and Supes where against Bats. Sorry, thought I'd add it anyway.

#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

It's much less dramatic, but there is their whole debate about who to bring in to the reformed League in the current run. They end up letting fate decide.

#7 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"What about the OMAC project? Where Bats had been spying on the others without there knowledge and Wonder Woman and Supes where against Bats. Sorry, thought I'd add it anyway."

Any idea is appreciated.

#8 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks.