@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo: Bunch of halo polishing rugby playing drunks... ;p

You just accidentally described my ideal man :P

well, now we know how the Welsh continue to 'breed' ;p

We continue to breed because we are so irresistible! Besides, it's just mountains and sheep here. What else are we gonna do?? :P

Drunk men.... sheep.... I KNEW IT!! YOU BUNCH OF PERVERTED WELSH! >_<

Damn right! Your repression makes you envious :P

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Aiden Cross

@BumpyBoo: I'm Dutch, Dutch aren't repressed ;p

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#103  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@Aiden Cross said:

Then why your terror at the raw awesomeness of Welsh self-expression? I wouldn't have thought it shocking to "your kind" :P

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Aiden Cross

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

Then why your terror at the raw awesomeness of Welsh self-expression? I wouldn't have thought it shocking to "your kind" :P

We complain, it's what we do ;p

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

We complain, it's what we do ;p

Well that's....fine....so...so there!

<_<

>_>

This isn't over :P

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Aiden Cross

@BumpyBoo: Welsh... **rolls eyes** ;p

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@Aiden Cross: Cau dy geg!!

Dutch....**curses under breath** :P

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo: Bunch of halo polishing rugby playing drunks... ;p

You just accidentally described my ideal man :P

well, now we know how the Welsh continue to 'breed' ;p

We continue to breed because we are so irresistible! Besides, it's just mountains and sheep here. What else are we gonna do?? :P

Drunk men.... sheep.... I KNEW IT!! YOU BUNCH OF PERVERTED WELSH! >_<

Damn right! Your repression makes you envious :P

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#109  Edited By The_Roman

You say that like it's a bad thing.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By laflux

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Aiden Cross said:

@BumpyBoo: Riiiiiiiight, because English people are all posh people who sit around drinking tea.. and there's never any trouble after soccer matches or drinking ;p

I AM WELSH!! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!! :P

THEY'RE EVEN WORSE!!! With the whole chopping off heads... ;p

You know we play more rugby than football, and you can drink at those matches because we so rarely cause any trouble :P

**polishes halo**

I've played rugby and football extensively, and was glad I was a winger, because forwards were troublesome. In all honesty, I'd say rugby has a bit to much violent conduct (tualiangi I'm looking at you), but football is full of play actors (Suraz for Liverpool comes to mind). Both are enjoyable games.

I'm English BTW, but were all from Great Britain, and should bind together to attack or true foes- The French!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By jobiwankenobi

*Reads title*

Reaction:

*Reads OP*

Reaction:

No Caption Provided

*Reads first line of first post*

Reaction:

No Caption Provided
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

And how is it a bad thing to keep babies from being aborted by restricting sexual instances? A lot of abortions happen because either party can't keep their pants on for more than a minute and then say f-it to being responsible for the life they helped create.

First, I'll answer your question.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with teaching kids about abstinence. Abstinence is THE most powerful form of pregnancy prevention, as has been proven by both monks, and nuns. But I feel that it would be foolish to rely on nothing more than social pressure to prevent pregnancy. It's like walking into an aids prevention meeting, telling the people "Don't have sex with anyone, ever", and then ending the meeting. It's unrealistic, and potentially damaging. Do you want to save people, and truly impact their lives by giving them information they might not have really understood/considered, while also giving them tools to utilize said knowledge? Or do you want to point your finger at them, tell them what should and should not be, and then go on about your business? There are a lot of people who vocally have issues with unwed (teen) mothers, the government aid designed to help them, and abortions. However, when tools are presented in order to counter the very things that they want to see less of, they complain about those as well. There has got to be compromise somewhere, and since the goal is "less dead babies", I would like to think that these same people would like to choose their version of the lesser of two evils. Abstinence is a golden idea for pregnancy prevention, but we must also be mindful of the world/times we live in.

Now, for the statement that follows your question.

The exact same judgment could be passed on a teen who decided to give her child up for adoption. That doesn't mean that adoption agencies should be shut down in order to force the parent to take on the responsibility of raising another life. We don't live in the world of Andy Griffith, and this isn't Mayberry. To prevent more serious and risky outcomes, we have to set up logical counter options. And, again, the odds of an abortion happening when two individuals use a combination of condoms and birth control? Almost non-existent. A lot of abortions actually happen because the pregnancy was completely accidental (or forced), which (in the former's case) was probably due to a lack of one of the two pregnancy prevention tools that were listed above. And, I guarantee you, even though it is an effective option, there isn't a woman alive who actually looks forward to going to the doctor so that he can put tools inside of her so that she can abort her pregnancy. It's the most uncomfortable form of pregnancy prevention, and it's best to take steps to avoid that road all together.

I don't believe that your intentions are bad, nor do I believe that you have an entirely wrong idea. I do, however, believe that you have to update your views and the options you give others, so that you can achieve the goal that you share with countless other people.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#113  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This thread is stupid as hell, some one lock it down

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

@White Mage:

My biggest problem with birth control though, is the idea of giving it straight to elementary school children. It turns my stomach to no end. Even in high school settings it's unnerving (mainly because the high school very, very, very, very rarely dealt with pregnancies on campus.) But I can stomach it a bit for maybe seniors and juniors because they're a year or two away from hitting the big 18, and should know better.

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Why? Freedom of speech too scary for you?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Eh...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#116  Edited By Strider1992

@minigunman123 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@minigunman123: What do you mean by "less good"?

Lots of things, such as how in several countries, it's not even legal to preach against homosexuality on a pulpit in a Christian church. Socialized medicine is another one.

I'm just trying to understand how this is a bad thing.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92:

Read 1984 and The Giver. Maybe then you'll understand why.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118  Edited By minigunman123

@Strider92:

OMG, The Giver is great. Creepy, but great. Surprised I'm not like, one of the only people ever, to read it.

@Strider92 said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@minigunman123: What do you mean by "less good"?

Lots of things, such as how in several countries, it's not even legal to preach against homosexuality on a pulpit in a Christian church. Socialized medicine is another one.

I'm just trying to understand how this is a bad thing.

I'd rather not go into it, it started a huge debate before, but basically, freedom of religion.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minigunman123:

I studied it in junior high before the fascists running the California school systems thought it was too messed up and controversial to be taught in schools. I think I still have a copy of the book (even though it'd be like 7 some years old by now lol)

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By minigunman123

@minigunman123:

I studied it in junior high before the fascists running the California school systems thought it was too messed up and controversial to be taught in schools. I think I still have a copy of the book (even though it'd be like 7 some years old by now lol)

Nice, nice. Schools are horrible nowadays. Universities are our last hope, and they're usually so far left, my avatar can't even see them anymore, they're just a blip in the distance.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minigunman123:

Every college so far I've seen is liberal (although Loyola Marymount is much less so because it's a Catholic institution), but at least they value books, even though its just the usual anti-capitalism, kill-the-white man BS we have to study nowadays as "art".

I guess they're scared if the books start speaking the truth or something.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By minigunman123

@minigunman123:

Every college so far I've seen is liberal (although Loyola Marymount is much less so because it's a Catholic institution), but at least they value books, even though its just the usual anti-capitalism, kill-the-white man BS we have to study nowadays as "art".

I guess they're scared if the books start speaking the truth or something.

Heh, school is no place for the truth!

To be honest, I haven't come across too much "white men must die" stuff, more or less, it's "spiritually active people who actually have original thoughts must die". We have people that protest against abortion in my school, and they've been robbed, physically assaulted, people scream at them all the time, people actually tried petitioning their removal and succeeded because apparently they're too weak to look at pictures of what they're supporting (the pro-life protesters had blown up pictures of various aborted fetus' on their signs), and all this happened even though they actually asked for and got permission from the school to do their protest/demonstration on campus.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Zdaybreak

Eh? America isn't becoming anything like Europe. We just have some cultural influences from there, but so far, I think that American's soft power is way stronger.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minigunman123:

Anti-abortion dudes only came once and never returned (gee, I wonder why...:/). Instead there's a lot of guys with signs about going to Hell and repent tend to hang around campus (not so much now, but some weeks past there'd be several making a big stink at the campus, with people calling them crazy for talking about a book of fiction, and junk like that.)

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@White Mage:

My biggest problem with birth control though, is the idea of giving it straight to elementary school children. It turns my stomach to no end. Even in high school settings it's unnerving (mainly because the high school very, very, very, very rarely dealt with pregnancies on campus.) But I can stomach it a bit for maybe seniors and juniors because they're a year or two away from hitting the big 18, and should know better.

It's been a little while since I've read up on the last school that mentioned child sex ed, but aren't parents still allowed to have their children opt out of that class? I feel that that is a fair enough option.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@White Mage:

Class yes, although I believe the video should be shown to the kids. It's not terribly informative depending on the cassette/DVD used and company who filmed it, but at least it makes better sense in the long run than a goose with a basket.

However several LAUSD schools have been noted as handing out condoms to kids not even 10 years old, which has caused a massive parental uproar over it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#127  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: How about 70% of the posters in here are being jerks? Or that none of them have got anything to do with the OP?
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Strider1992

@Strider92:

Haven't read 1984 but I read The Giver a while back (studied it in school) and I fail to see the connection. To my recollection it didn't touch on the issue i'm looking at it was a hypothetical society that was trying to convert everyone into the Sameness.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By lykopis

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: How about 70% of the posters in here are being jerks? Or that none of them have got anything to do with the OP?

lol --- the OP got eaten. He didn't even finish what he was saying.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Strider1992

@minigunman123 said:

I'd rather not go into it, it started a huge debate before, but basically, freedom of religion.

Fair enough I have no problem with people preaching their religion but as soon as it gets into the realms of intolerance (ie: whether it's about being gay, having another religion etc...) then it should be banned as there is absolutely no excuse for preaching intolerance. So whatever parts of America banned this practice I say good on them.

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Mattersuit

@lykopis said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

lol --- the OP got eaten. He didn't even finish what he was saying.

ROFL

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@White Mage:

Class yes, although I believe the video should be shown to the kids. It's not terribly informative depending on the cassette/DVD used and company who filmed it, but at least it makes better sense in the long run than a goose with a basket.

However several LAUSD schools have been noted as handing out condoms to kids not even 10 years old, which has caused a massive parental uproar over it.

...................I see why why that would cause parental uproar.lol

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92:

Then I dare you go say that to a crowd of Catholics at the Vatican. They'll just love to be called homophobes in front of the Pope.