• 66 results
MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MatteoPG

I am all for freedom of speech and opinion, but I have special regard (in a bad way) for opinions that go against other people's freedom. It's not like, since there is freedom of speech, you can say that other people don't have the same right as others.

If you think about it, if you believe in freedom of speech, you should fight for it not only in yourself, but also fight against those who disregard it. Racism is a stance that goes against other people's freedom, so I can't condone it, since it's born out of nothing but ignorance (I mean, we know there is no objective base for discriminating on those criteria).

I don't know if that was clear... but the point is: I think freedom of speech is respect of people who respect others. It shouldn't be about being silent in the face of people who suffocate other's freedom.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@consolemaster001 said:

How could they allow a jap to win ? Have we forgotten 9/11 ?

Idk, man. But Utada Hikaru is Japanese American, and she's a goddess. She sings better than most Americans anyway :P.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By KingOfAsh
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this a trend? Because Americans have no talent. spending too much time playing video games and on trivial websites where they have thousands of post arguing about nothing

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Message boards give pathetic behavior a stage to shine. I doubt some of those comments are even a genuine reflection of the person on the opposite side of the screen. Could be wrong though.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: I dunno... I'm not in the western country that still has strict anti-gay and heavily biased religious laws...I'm generalizing of course, but it seems to be mainly American tourists that believe any non-american country is automatically third-world (Exaggerating, of course but you get the point.)

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is it weird that you never see Native Americans chime in on those rants, I'm sure many of them would love it if people who weren't native just packed up and left but you never hear them screaming "Go back to Europe".

You obviously never lived in South Dakota.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#60 vance_astro  Moderator

America isn't the only country that has racists but i'm sure we are the only ones that go on twitter rants because a Japanese person won some garbage talent show...

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Vaeternus

Well, one thing I thought you had to be American(from America) hence the name "America's Got Talent" to compete?? Unless the show allows foreigners which apparently they do.( I didn't know this)

Talent wise I can't hate on the guy, although i do wonder why he didn't enter a Japan contest?

As for the racist remarks, people are dumb. It's no different then the stupid people hating on the little mexican kid that sang at the Basketball championship earlier this year or the ridiculous outrages that got blown way out of proportion with the the indian chick winning Miss America etc the ridiculous outrages that got blown way out of proportion with the zimmerman case just so many stories this year I'm so sick of...

@ pooty, I'm pretty certain that's not just limited to America lol

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_Ghostshell

the ridiculous outrages that got blown way out of proportion with the zimmerman case

Not to start a major debate or argument, but I would say there is a big difference between this example and your others. A person (right or wrong) lost their life. People on both sides were gonna feel some kinda way about that lol

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_caesar_ said:

@vaeternus said:
the ridiculous outrages that got blown way out of proportion with the zimmerman case

Not to start a major debate or argument, but I would say there is a big difference between this example and your others. A person (right or wrong) lost their life. People on both sides were gonna feel some kinda way about that lol

Well, I was more so referring to something getting blown way out of proportion for various reasons, people hating or jumping to conclusions. Yes I get that a person lost their life, but believe me there were other cases that happened this year just as bad that you heard nothing of...I can im you those cases if you'd like this way we don't go off topic here.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Thankfully people like these are the minority. But unfortunately, they make up for it by being very loud.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wouldn't describe racism as a trend.