#1 Edited by Flamingo117 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy sh**.

I can't believe this manga at all. There are so many plot holes, bad story telling, random events that occur in this manga that it's just SICKENING as to how there could possibly be 
a fan base for this manga!

- How the hell did Ichigo beat Kenpachi without his bankai or Mask when Kenpachi beat Espada 5 (Ichigo+Bankai+Mask barely beat Espada 6 and only on his 3rd try)? Off screen training Kenpachi is 
a terrible answer as that's just bad story telling. And WTF was that about Kenpachi beating Nnoitra with 2 hands on a sword?? That's complete crap.
-  WTF happened to the Vastro-Lordes? We never saw them...??? Kubo didn't confirm whether Espada 4+ were Vastros...
- What was the point of the Espadas? They all lost, never took down a captain. Aizen himself ended up cutting up Espada 3 just for fun.  
- Stark's powers was just bad. For Espada 1, he sucked. The captain who fought him didn't even have to use Bankai. 
- Yammy...Espada 0...that's the limit of trolling, but no. Kubo always manages to push the limits of trolling.
- How is Aizen so ridiculously strong? There's got to be a GOOD explanation. You'd think SS would be aware of his strength and have preventive measures in case such a strong person ever turned.
- WTF was the Fullbringer arc? It was just complete nonsense. 

SPOILER BELOW:

- This new arc is even worse. Since the concept of sacrifice never existed in Bleach (Like Jiraiya sacrificing himself for Konoha and information about Pein, Ace sacrificing himself for Luffy's escape, or Vegeta sacrificing himself to kill Buu in vain), now everyone is dying. Kenpachi got beat off screen by a fodder and Byakuya died by his own bankai. Pathetic. Not tragic, but PATHETIC.
- Yammammotto had to show all of his bankai's special moves to beat a fodder when just "North" or whatever would have been enough. And he talks too much and gets pissed off too much. What happened to being a calm leader of SS? Even Roshi was a more badass old man than this stupid geezer who got trolled by a deux ex machina fodder. 
- Where was the Vandenreich when Aizen almost wiped out SS? 

Everything in Bleach seems to happen in random with no prior hint or explanation to them. Randomly and conveniently the twins "LLyod and Ryod" get introduced as trolls in a couple of pages. Randomly the Dangai time abuse is introduced and Ichigo apparently trains off screen enough to be stronger than Aizen. 

I'm betting you in this Quincy Arc, Ichigo is going to discover he's partially Quincy and he's going to get a powerup randomly to beat up Juha Bach. 

#2 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I enjoy the series it isn't my favorite, but I've certainly seen worse anime and read worse manga.

Oh and cursing is a no no around here so you may want to censor your rambling.

#3 Posted by Samimista (21032 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read nor watch it regularly but I prefer it over Naruto and enjoy Bleach. Interesting points you bring up though. Also, you may wanna use a spoiler tag for some of this for those who aren't up to that part. But overall, I like how you provided evidence to back up your point.

#4 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26967 posts) - - Show Bio

I strongly disagree there are many many many manga worse then bleach.

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach's second arc was a breathe of fresh air in mainstream. What happened is that Kubo... couldn't keep it up.

I don't want to spoil anything to anyone but...

I PLANNED YOUR LIFE. Aizen. Biggest irl troll in fiction.

So freackin' unbelievable.

#7 Edited by Flamingo117 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

^ U guys are especially right. Aizen planning out everything from Rukia's Hygokyou was just complete crap. No one could have planned something like that as there were too many variables.
That's like saying I planning my victory the moment your first chess move was white pawn e4, which isn't possible at all. I'm telling you not even DC Brainiac could have planned this crap as Aizen claims.

If you want planning, look into Light Yagami and L's antics in Death Note. THAT is how you plan sh**. I'm also tentatively referring to Code Geass (as I have a few issues with the manga too) but Lelouch has his moments when he comes up with nice plans too.

#8 Posted by MatKrenz (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do agree that there are many plotholes, inconsistencies with characters and power levels and logical fallacy's in Bleach it definitely is not the worst manga ever.

It is a manga that that had a really fun premise that did show off a lot of cool fights along the way but as it went on Kubo overextended himeslf by introducing way to many characters and a poorly building these grand story arcs he's telling.

I mean the jump from Aizen to the Xcution to now the Quincy feels really jarring and poorly planned. Like obviously at some point we needed to address the Quincy thing but there is no setup to it.

#9 Posted by Inverno (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@Flamingo117: Well Bleach had a great potential that wind up completely wasted. I disagree that Bleach is the absolute worst because there are far worst out there you just need to dig them up. But yeah, every point you brought is still valid and understand why you hate this series so much.

#10 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach is mediocre at its lowest. It's not the worst IMO.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (26043 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not the WORST Manga ever, but it's very mediocre, the only good arc was the Soul Society arc, which was actually really interesting, however, it went down hill after that, to me, it's definitely the weakest of the HST.

#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20445 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

It's not the WORST Manga ever, but it's very mediocre, the only good arc was the Soul Society arc, which was actually really interesting, however, it went down hill after that, to me, it's definitely the weakest of the HST.

This.

Although everyone is entitled to their opinion.

#13 Edited by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

There are far worse manga(s?) than Bleach. It's nowhere near to being the worst.

#14 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10561 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach isnt even in the trinity anymore. IIRC its not even in the top five...

#15 Posted by The Stegman (26043 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000:  

I think you're right, I think Hunter X Hunter is now in the number three spot.
#16 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't say the worst but I don't like it too much.

#17 Posted by pikahyper (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

I never got Bleach's popularity, it was just ok to me, same goes for One Piece, I always hear people rave about it but I watched a couple of the anime episodes and my brain hurt afterwards it just appeals to the spongebob generation.

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by Inverno (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper said:

I never got Bleach's popularity, it was just ok to me, same goes for One Piece, I always hear people rave about it but I watched a couple of the anime episodes and my brain hurt afterwards it just appeals to the spongebob generation.

I get the same thing from Fairy Tail. Ironically enough they are both from the same author.

#19 Edited by Flamingo117 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya, you guys are right lol. It's not the worst, but I was just so pissed off with the recent chapters. 

Yammammotto sucks big time. Old geezers in Shonnen Jumps are supposed to be cool and wise and help everyone before dying or retiring. 
- Master Roshi was the best of them all in DB. He was so cool, chill, perverted...and he was pretty much a role model badass character. He blew up the damn moon!
- Naruto's Jiraiya was pretty close to Roshi. His death shook a lot of his fanbase and was really tragic.
- In One Piece, Silvers Rayleigh owned pretty much anyone that got in his way. Whitebeard was epic and he even sacked himself to save his crew and Luffy. No wounds on the back, but like 200+ gunshots/stabs on the front and still died standing up. What a badass mofo.

And Yammotto? He just yells around, talks crap and reveals everything one needs to know about his bankai. And what happened to using his bankai in the first place when Aizen defected SS? The best thing this guy did was kill a giant fodder beast and get some vice captain girl to pee her pants by staring at her like a creep (Nanao-chan?).
There are so many instances in the manga where Yammamotto could have saved the day with his "oh so awesome" bankai, which actually sucks if you think about it except for the raising dead thing. I mean this is the guy who got owned by Wonderweiss. That's just sad.

#20 Posted by Nefarious (22923 posts) - - Show Bio

It is not the worst...but it is certainly not the best.

#21 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with bleach is that many characters look alike .

#22 Edited by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Ture but of ongoing manga's with a huge fanbase bleach is the worse, followed by reborn.

#23 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care for Bleach been addicted to this

#24 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not worst... but not that good either. I think I gave up on it around when they find Nel.

@slacker the hacker said:

Don't care for Bleach been addicted to this

Love the crap out of Bakuman. Can't wait to see what Ohba and Obata are going to do for their next series. Death Note was fantastic, too.

#25 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26967 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Ture but of ongoing manga's with a huge fanbase bleach is the worse, followed by reborn.

Different strokes for different folks I Guess personalty I am a fan of Bleach.

#26 Posted by Flamingo117 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

^Well, that is understandable as you can't even seem to spell "personally". People who like Bleach are pretty much stupid in general from experience. Do you even know what the word "plot" means? ;) 

Kubo needs to take lessons on how to develop characters and story from Kishi and Oda-sensei.

#27 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Flamingo117 said:

^Well, that is understandable as you can't even seem to spell "personally". People who like Bleach are pretty much stupid in general from experience. Do you even know what the word "plot" means? ;) Kubo needs to take lessons on how to develop characters and story from Kishi and Oda-sensei.

Kishi doesn't know what he is doing, Oda is a god though.

#28 Posted by Albertphytagoras (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah your right.

#29 Edited by Blade_R (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not that bad. Its not amazing either but I find it enjoyable sometimes. I will admit it hasn't lived up to the expectations I originally had for it. The whole reason I got into it was because I saw the Ichigo vs ulquiorra fight on Toonami (Reminded me of Raizen possessed Yusuke vs Sensui) so I assumed it was like that most of the time lol but once I realized it wasn't that epic all of the time, I enjoyed/enjoy it more.

#30 Posted by The Stegman (26043 posts) - - Show Bio

Once again, I agree with myself. I've seen worse anime/manga, but it's far from being good.

#31 Posted by Wolverine08 (45649 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not the worst, I've read the worst. Bleach is just bad.

#33 Posted by JakeN7 (13253 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach became crap after the SS arc, it'd be better if bleach focused exclusively on the SS and had nothing to do with Ichigo and friends. When I think about it the series was on it's way to crappiness the second Ichigo beat Renji the first time, from that moment on I knew this would be another manga that has way too much nonsense.

#35 Posted by Jphu8414 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

It's honestly one of my favorite manga/anime of all time actually

#36 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23861 posts) - - Show Bio