#1 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

People really gave Russell Crowe crap for his singing in Les Miz, but I really loved him. I feel like he put a lot of emotion into the role, while also bringing a bit of coldness. Hell, I liked him WAY more than Hattheway. I teared up at this part (I don't think it's a spoiler to say Javert kills himself)

#2 Posted by lilben42 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? I thought people hated his character in the movie not him.

#3 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

My friends loved him, so you're not alone. However, Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway are much better.

#4 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him better than Hathaway.

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

he wa horrible. no emotions, just reading some lines.

#6 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? I thought that was just his coldness. And there WERE definitely moments where he showed emotion, like before he kills himself.

#7 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio
@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

@thetimestreamer said:

Really? I thought that was just his coldness. And there WERE definitely moments where he showed emotion, like before he kills himself.

Yeah Crowe did a really good job givng an authentic portrayal of Broadway's version of Javert. IMO, the only thing he lacked was a bit of range during Javert's last song...wasn't quite as powerful as on Broadway. Other than that, I found it to be a great performance.

/side note/ Hugh Jackman got robbed at the Oscars...like Daniel Day Lewis needed another one (and the only word for Lincoln, IMO, is lackluster).

#8 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

meh he was decent