• 56 results
#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

The only character I could pull off is Genghis Carnage, and he doesn't even exist and was a villain to boot.

I've cosplayed as Leon and Gippal before, but it felt off cause I'm not White or Al Bhed.

#2 Edited by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't cosplayed but been wanting to for the past six years and to attend a gaming convention. Shouldn't have to feel weird about it though. Cosplaying is all about the fun, Kupo!

EDIT: Tuac dryd sayh oui cbayg eh Ym Prat yc famm?

#3 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

I dressed up for Halloween as a kid but now I can't really think of any reason to cosplay. Don't like wearing impractical cloths for the most part.

#4 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: For me it gives me an icebreaker and a sense of belonging.

#7 Posted by judasnixon (6182 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel more left out if I don't dress up...... Just have fun with it and don't take it to serious...

#8 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wanted to dress up as Batman, but I can't... a black Batman? What? I'd get in the Beyond suit. :)

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like cosplay but I don't cosplay myself

#11 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6942 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosplay is awesome.

It's like Halloween everyday!

#12 Posted by M3th (2037 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand but you shouldn't take it too seriously. I seen Black Superman's, Spanish Wonder Woman Dam she was fine, I seen girl Robins that are brunettes.

Just look at it as your cosplaying so-and-so from an alternate universe.

#13 Edited by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th: Dude, that idea is seriously and literally brilliant! Thanks.

#14 Posted by russellmania77 (14561 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanna dress up

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wanted to dress up as Batman, but I can't... a black Batman? What? I'd get in the Beyond suit. :)

You could be Batwing?

#16 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia:

Are you weird for cosplaying? Hell naw! I'm waiting for my wife to get back from deployment so we can do it together. I was psyched when she said she'd give it a try since neither of us have gone to a convention in costume before. What a trooper. What a woman!

#18 Posted by russellmania77 (14561 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

You could be Batwing?

or batgirl

#19 Posted by MasterArcher (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't cosplayed but I do enjoy seeing others. To me it's an art form. Anyone watch the premiere of Heroes of Cosplay on Syfy?

#20 Edited by russellmania77 (14561 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: You just mad cause you're not Batman. >:P

@batman242 said:

You could be Batwing?

Hmm.... That works too. :D

#22 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

There is nothing to fear, but Sailor Bubba.

#23 Edited by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

I understand but you shouldn't take it too seriously. I seen Black Superman's, Spanish Wonder Woman Dam she was fine, I seen girl Robins that are brunettes.

alternate universe you say?

#24 Posted by Ostyo (6691 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

Never done it.

#26 Posted by nickzambuto (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never cosplayed. Dem costumes be expensive as hell.

#27 Posted by The Stegman (23041 posts) - - Show Bio

I cosplay as Tobi/Obito from Naruto everytime I go to an anime convention.

#28 Posted by xlab3000 (3130 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: NEIN NEIN NEIN!!! (check post count) you're not the only one. Or, at least I hope not. Some people go in some pretty weird costumes. I, on the other hand, have been cosplaying since before I knew what cosplaying was, possibly before the word cosplaying even existed. So, i only feel weird if i'm cosplaying as something weird. Like an anime character, or an animated disney character, or a puppy, or a kid from one of those photos, or, well, anything with freakishly huge eyes!

#31 Posted by batmannflash (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm honestly not into that kind of stuff. Not a fan. Feels too strange

#32 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

I cosplay primarily as Homestuck girls, RWBY characters, and Samus Aran.

#33 Edited by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

I cosplay, but normally very simple things. Because Margot Kidder was at the con I went to I dressed up as Lois Lane, and at another con earlier this year I dressed up as a fem! Endverse Dean Winchester from Supernatural. Neither of them were that great, but I tried and that was the important thing. Tbh, I'm scared to go for more detailed or skimpy because I wore a tank top as part of the Dean cosplay and apparently that meant that guys could try and grab my boobs which freaked me out more than you could imagine and normally by guys three times my age. It's just like ???????

#34 Edited by M3th (2037 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: I'm really glad I can help. I love cosplayers. I seen some amazing ones.

I live in LA. If ya go to Camikaze or WonderCon I'll say what's up and take a flick.

#35 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@batpala: what?! They basically sexually assaulted you then o_O what's wrong with them? I'd say if they ever tried, you should give them a knee in the down belows. That'll stop them from trying again.

#36 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: Yeah. I stepped on his foot really hard and then disappeared into the crowd. I hard a reason to be wearing a tank top because it was over 40C that day, so. It probably won't be the last time it happens and i know friends of mine have had behavior like this when they're wearing low cut tops or short skirts as part of their cosplays. Idk man. It's not cool at all.

#37 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@batpala: well, it doesn't matter how it is or what you're wearing. They need to keep their hands to themselves >_< but good for you for stepping on his foot!

#38 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that's waaaaaaay inappropriate and that's coming from me of all people. Not good.

#39 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never tried cosplaying... something i'll do before i die. Yep...

#40 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i do not feel weird when I cosplay. its people who don't who are the weirdos =P

there are 2 costumes hanging up in my closet: atom eve and kitty pryde [classic blue ensemble]. they only come out for costume weddings, Halloween and my regional comic cons [steel city, Pittsburgh, all-American and Cleveland]

#41 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@vercingetorixthegreat: alternate universe you say?

Dude, that was the funniest damn cartoon I've ever seen! LMAO!! What is that, and where can I see more?

#42 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@batpala: it was over 40C that day

Are you from the UK? I ask because if I remember my Celsius correctly from school, that's hotter than a muthaf**ka!

@umbrafeline: Cool User Name. I like it. Very clever.

#43 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: I'm in Australia. And yeah, it was. Perth definitely brought the sun for Shatner and co.

#44 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@batpala: I'm in Australia. And yeah, it was. Perth definitely brought the sun for Shatner and co.

That's awesome! I was in Perth and Fremantle for a brief period back when I was in the Navy. Great place. Everybody was so cool and very nice. I was there in August freezing my you-know-what's off (lol)! Tripped me out too, because here the middle of August brings drought conditions. So for me, it was funny wearing a wool coat while every one back home was taking refuge at the pool or the ice cream shop xD!

By the way, "Welcome to the 'Vine"!!

#45 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to give it a go, but the costume would have to be perfect :p

#46 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

alternate universe you say?

"Let's go, Bi-Curious Sentinel."

Best line.

#47 Posted by laflux (14128 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to give it a go, but the costume would have to be perfect :p

I could see you cosplay as Gambler Gambit! =D

#49 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17574 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want to cosplay as a character, cosplay as them. Doesn't matter what you look like, the whole point of cosplaying is to have fun.

(This is coming from someone who has little desire to cosplay)

#50 Posted by waezi2 (6819 posts) - - Show Bio