Am I Banned from making a thread?

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

Edited By doordoor123

Ive never had a bad thread. At least I dont think ive had one. And every time I try to make a new thread, it takes me to the forum page with this  URL http://www.comicvine.com/forums/?banned=True
I actually havent even been on much in the past month. I come back and I cant make a thread... Am i missing something?

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikethekiller

???

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By doordoor123
@mikethekiller said:
???
My only way to make a thread is to make a blog. I cant "start new topic"
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Wait...isn't this a thread?

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4  Edited By goldenshot80
@doordoor123: ...This is a thread
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By doordoor123
@goldenshot80: @Shadow_Thief: I SAID that I can only make a thread through making a blog. I cant "start new topic" in the forums.
Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Telcalipoca

i dunno but if you were banned you found a loophole! you can continue making threads and have others see it

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ARMIV
@Telcalipoca said:
i dunno but if you were banned you found a loophole! you can continue making threads and have others see it
Breaking the system FOR THE WIN!
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By doordoor123
@Telcalipoca said:
But if I was banned, I dont know why I would be banned. I dont cuss and I never say anything really negative twards anyone. And I dont post profound pictures. And I dont start pointless threads.
Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Telcalipoca
@doordoor123 said:
@Telcalipoca said:
But if I was banned, I dont know why I would be banned. I dont cuss and I never say anything really negative twards anyone. And I dont post profound pictures. And I dont start pointless threads.
trolling? excessive fanboyism in battle threads? slept with a staff member and never called back?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@doordoor123 said:
@goldenshot80: @Shadow_Thief: I SAID that I can only make a thread through making a blog. I cant "start new topic" in the forums.
If this were a blog, I'm pretty sure it would say (blog) in the title.
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By goldenshot80
@JediXMan said:
@doordoor123 said:
It does....
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@goldenshot80 said:
@JediXMan said:
@doordoor123 said:
It does....
Thought so; I never make blogs myself.

But isn't it also true that you can't comment to your own blogs? Someone told me that once.
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By goldenshot80
@JediXMan said:
@goldenshot80 said:
@JediXMan said:
@doordoor123 said:
It does....
Thought so; I never make blogs myself.  But isn't it also true that you can't comment to your own blogs? Someone told me that once.
That person made you look like an idiot O_O
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123
@JediXMan: You can post on your own blogs. I do that far too often, as a matter of fact. LOL.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@goldenshot80 said:
@JediXMan said:
@goldenshot80 said:
@JediXMan said:
@doordoor123 said:
It does....
Thought so; I never make blogs myself.  But isn't it also true that you can't comment to your own blogs? Someone told me that once.
That person made you look like an idiot O_O
How am I supposed to know? I never make blogs. All I know is that he kept PMing me as a form of replying because he said he couldn't reply. 
B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By B'Town
@doordoor123 said:
@Telcalipoca said:
So YOU say....  jk  ;}
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By doordoor123
@B'Town said:
@doordoor123 said:
@Telcalipoca said:
So YOU say....  jk  ;}
You can look at my history. I dont think ive done anything horrible enough to be ban worthy.
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Mr. Mercury
@doordoor123:  Ok, stop crying. It'll be alright, the mods will fix it. :D
B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By B'Town
@doordoor123 said:
@B'Town said:
@doordoor123 said:
@Telcalipoca said:
So YOU say....  jk  ;}
You can look at my history. I dont think ive done anything horrible enough to be ban worthy.  
Hey, I was/am absolutely teasing.  I have never seen you post anything that should be banned.  Ever.  there must be a buggy mistake here somewhere.  I would message a mod, see if you can get an answer.
fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By fbdarkangel

if you're banned from making threads, then I should be banned from making threads (note to mods: I'm not saying that I want to be banned so *kneels* please don't), because I've started some stupid ones in the past.

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By B'Town
@doordoor123:  
I wonder if it could be a browser issue?  For the heck of it try using something other than IE, maybe Google Chrome, clear your history/cache and try to post again.  I know this sounds dumb but I think it is worth a try.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ssejllenrad
@doordoor123: You know why you're banned? Cause your name is doordoor123... If it was door123 it would have been fine. But you used the door twice. We didn't need the second door. That's like spamming or something... :D Nyehehehe! Peace yo.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By doordoor123
@Mr. Mercury said:
@doordoor123:  Ok, stop crying. It'll be alright, the mods will fix it. :D
Haha im not crying. I was just confused.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By TheCerealKillz

*Claps* 

There. It should be good.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By doordoor123
@B'Town said:
@doordoor123:  I wonder if it could be a browser issue?  For the heck of it try using something other than IE, maybe Google Chrome, clear your history/cache and try to post again.  I know this sounds dumb but I think it is worth a try.
Just tried two other browsers. Its not the browser.
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By cyberninja

Good to know. 

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By mark5

Tell a mod 

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By B'Town
@doordoor123 said:
@B'Town said:
@doordoor123:  I wonder if it could be a browser issue?  For the heck of it try using something other than IE, maybe Google Chrome, clear your history/cache and try to post again.  I know this sounds dumb but I think it is worth a try.
Just tried two other browsers. Its not the browser.
Stab in the dark on my part.  Sorry.  Hope you get an answer soon.
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

@doordoor123 said:

Ive never had a bad thread. At least I dont think ive had one. And every time I try to make a new thread, it takes me to the forum page with this URL http://www.comicvine.com/forums/?banned=True I actually havent even been on much in the past month. I come back and I cant make a thread... Am i missing something?

You're not banned. You do have some high karma though.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Not sure what your problem is, but I got it too. I sent Red Lamp a PM and he said they were looking into it.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Shatterstar: How does the karma system work?
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Shatterstar: Ok thanks.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/developer-diary-new-karma-system/390648/

So either doordoor accumulated 10 karma over time or a mod deemed it necessary to up the karma that much. I can only see back 2 months of his history, so hard to say what he's been up to.

How does one see their own karma?

Not sure if thats possible. You've got 4 points.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/developer-diary-new-karma-system/390648/

So either doordoor accumulated 10 karma over time or a mod deemed it necessary to up the karma that much. I can only see back 2 months of his history, so hard to say what he's been up to.

Hm. I think it would be nice to be capable of seeing their own karma. But I suppose it's rather pointless, considering it's only of significance to mods (from what I'm seeing). 

Question, though: aside from flagging content, what lowers one's karma? If after hitting -5 karma you can no longer flag, then how is it possible to attain -10?
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

Hm. I think it would be nice to be capable of seeing their own karma. But I suppose it's rather pointless, considering it's only of significance to mods (from what I'm seeing). Question, though: aside from flagging content, what lowers one's karma? If after hitting -5 karma you can no longer flag, then how is it possible to attain -10?

I'd agree it would be useful to see. Initially I thought we were going to work toward more of a slashdot/reddit format where karma was a good thing. Karma lowers over time, what the algorithm for that is, I'm not sure. You could bump that thread and ask supercoonce. You get bad karma for getting flagged and flagging something that shouldn't have been flagged. Mods can move karma up/down as well - if someone's trolling/spamming and we'd rather not wait for the flags- we'll adjust the karma (depending on mod's discretion) instead of an outright ban.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

Hm. I think it would be nice to be capable of seeing their own karma. But I suppose it's rather pointless, considering it's only of significance to mods (from what I'm seeing). Question, though: aside from flagging content, what lowers one's karma? If after hitting -5 karma you can no longer flag, then how is it possible to attain -10?

I'd agree it would be useful to see. Initially I thought we were going to work toward more of a slashdot/reddit format where karma was a good thing. Karma lowers over time, what the algorithm for that is, I'm not sure. You could bump that thread and ask supercoonce. You get bad karma for getting flagged and flagging something that shouldn't have been flagged. Mods can move karma up/down as well - if someone's trolling/spamming and we'd rather not wait for the flags- we'll adjust the karma (depending on mod's discretion) instead of an outright ban.

So you only get negative karma if the comment flagged shouldn't have been flagged? You don't get negative just from flagging?
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By doordoor123
@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

Ok well 
#1 Ive never flagged anything. And if I have, it might have been by accident.
#2 If I was flagged, Id like to know what for, because last time I checked, I havent done anything that is flaggable. Unless someone is flagging me for no reason and the mods are accepting it. 
#3 And if I was ever rude to anyone, it was when I first came here like three years ago. And, im sure my karma must have gone up since then. Heck! I dont even think there was karma at that time.
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

So you only get negative karma if the comment flagged shouldn't have been flagged? You don't get negative just from flagging?

Honestly I don't know if I've seen negative karma. Bad karma (the kind doordoor has) you typically get for being flagged and moderated (post deleted or edited by the mod, etc) or if you flag another user's post and the moderator doesn't see any problems and ignores it.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

@doordoor123 said:

@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@JediXMan said:

@Shatterstar said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

Ok well #1 Ive never flagged anything. And if I have, it might have been by accident. #2 If I was flagged, Id like to know what for, because last time I checked, I havent done anything that is flaggable. Unless someone is flagging me for no reason and the mods are accepting it. #3 And if I was ever rude to anyone, it was when I first came here like three years ago. And, im sure my karma must have gone up since then. Heck! I dont even think there was karma at that time.

I've lowered your karma, hopefully that resolves whatever issue you're having. I tried searching the moderation queue and your posts to see if I could see anything but I'm not getting any results. I can only see back 2 months though so... not sure when you started having this issue.