• 104 results
#1 Posted by Inverno (13314 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me start off by saying I don't believe in one itsy bit about this "end of the world" crap next Friday. And I am pretty sure that after this day, Rolland Emmerich's 2012 will become one of the greatest comedies ever. But in the other hand, I am afraid of what other people are thinking. Some are taking this "prophecy" very seriously, to the point I heard some are planning suicide for real, even if the world doesn't end they claim that "they are already finished with this world anyway". Also, do you think there will be riots and mass hysteria in some places in December 21?

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably, remember 1999-2000?

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12975 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, it will just be Friday......

Let those guys kill themselves....the planets too crowded in the first place

#4 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Nope, it will just be Friday...... Let those guys kill themselves....the planets too crowded in the first place

Lol,this is what I call "acceptable cruelty"

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! I'm seeing The Hobbit on Friday!

#6 Edited by Samimista (20821 posts) - - Show Bio

People can be 'special' at times. I wouldn't get yourself worked up over this. Let them do what they want even though it may be idiotic.

#7 Posted by tea8765 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Riots and mass hysteria, probably not, a few suicides even mass suicides maybe so. There are a lot of 'cults' or just groups out there that have a really poor opinion of the world mostly because of the way it has treated them and they are mostly just small little pockets of people. The best thing we can do is be a friend to our fellow man, help each other, the smallest act of kindness from us can change a persons whole outlook.

But I wouldn't be to worried about civilization coming unraveled on the 21st

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Alright guys, I am little scared...

Goddammit, Batman! You ruined my post again ¬¬

Anyway, I guess you should just take care if people riot. I don't think that many people are going to do something tough.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (30902 posts) - - Show Bio

There most likely will be chaos Friday.

I intend to stay home.

#10 Posted by cameron83 (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

People can be 'special' at times. I wouldn't get yourself worked up over this. Let them do what they want even though it may be idiotic.

#11 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Nope, it will just be Friday...... Let those guys kill themselves....the planets too crowded in the first place

This.

Plus, we don't need anybody dumb enough to kill themselves over something so stupid. It sounds harsh, but you know it's true!

#12 Posted by snootchie_bootchies (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Now wait, when you say riot, does that include looting? Cause I still dont have an X-box 360 and Im pretty sure Im not getting one for X-mas.

#13 Posted by SC (13203 posts) - - Show Bio

I can let you know in advance, I am a day ahead of most people around here. Everything okay atm. The four horses floating in the sky haven't moved since the pale one ate a truck.

#14 Posted by Samimista (20821 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

I can let you know in advance, I am a day ahead of most people around here. Everything okay atm. The four horses floating in the sky haven't moved since the pale one ate a truck.

I've also heard that there's been a raccoon wearing a tutu that's riding a cow. No need to worry though everyone. SC has this covered with Appa.

#15 Posted by kriminal (649 posts) - - Show Bio

im ganna kill myself because i dont have a family and christmas puts me into depression not because of what some mexicans from 500 years ago said.

#16 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Probably, remember 1999-2000?

This

#17 Posted by Aronmorales (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm feeling that all we'll get are mild incidents, but knowing how unpredictable life is...

#18 Edited by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal said:

im ganna kill myself because i dont have a family and christmas puts me into depression not because of what some mexicans from 500 years ago said.

#19 Posted by YoungJustice (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal said:

I'm going to kill myself because I don't have a family, and Christmas puts me into depression because of what the Aztecs from 500 years ago said.*

Now that we have that out the way, I want to encourage you to stay strong.

#20 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people are crazy.

#21 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey man even I am uptight. I have GAD and everyone talking about a bunch of scary sh*t does not help me, but just go have a drink (if you're old enough) and if you have a girl friend well... ;)

#22 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Aussi?

#23 Posted by Nefarious (21243 posts) - - Show Bio

"The only thing to fear is fear itself". 

- Franklin D. Roosevelt.

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Let those guys kill themselves....the planets too crowded in the first place

???????

#25 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm afraid something chaotic will happen but not on a global scale.

#26 Posted by slacker the hacker (7844 posts) - - Show Bio

That's this Friday???????????????????

I should probably pay more attention to my calendar.

#27 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably some dumb people who take stuff way too seriously will commit suicide, but nothing on a global scale other than stupidity for believing in the end of the world.

#28 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course the world won't end on Friday, God wants to see Man of Steel

#29 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

What if something does happen I mean...how ironic would that be? I'd just laugh and await my death with a smile on my face saying, "good times"

#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

People are stupid.

Expect stupidity.

Mass stupidity.

Kind of like every day. But a bit worse than usual.

#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent9149 said:

What if something does happen I mean...how ironic would that be? I'd just laugh and await my death with a smile on my face saying, "good times"

Don't lie.

You'd die screaming like the rest of us.

#32 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

[@InnerVenom123 said:

@Agent9149 said:

Don't lie.

Lmaoo perhaps. I hope it will be quick. Like turn around and boom you're gone.

#33 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

On December 21st we will all discover that Segal and Shuster were actually prophets and a kid from Krypton will arrive on Earth and grow up to be Superman, and not nice pre 52 Superman, I'm talking mean a$$hole Golden Age Supes

#34 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Fortunately enough. Outside of Nuclear war, pretty much the only way the world could end is if god really proved himself to be real. There is no other realistic way the the world could end without warning us by now.

#35 Posted by God_Spawn (38094 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Fortunately enough. Outside of Nuclear war, pretty much the only way the world could end is if god really proved himself to be real. There is no other realistic way the the world could end without warning us by now.

Or if some reaaaally scared and desperate eggheads go back in time to the Mayan's and attempt to discuss them to make the calendar longer but one of them accidentally kills a butterfly. We all know how that has worked out.

#36 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Yup an Ashton Kutcher movie, and frankly the apocalypse may be preferable

#37 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4243 posts) - - Show Bio

Who here is going looting while the riots and mass hysteria are going on, raise your hand.

*raises hand first*

#38 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Or if some reaaaally scared and desperate eggheads go back in time to the Mayan's and attempt to discuss them to make the calendar longer but one of them accidentally kills a butterfly. We all know how that has worked out.

You know, I never saw that flick.

#39 Posted by PowerHerc (84990 posts) - - Show Bio

Not scared. Not worried. Not a bit.

#40 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

On December 21st we will all discover that Segal and Shuster were actually prophets and a kid from Krypton will arrive on Earth and grow up to be Superman, and not nice pre 52 Superman, I'm talking mean a$$hole Golden Age Supes

lol, good stuff

#41 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll tell you all about it if I survive my day as a Gas Station attendant. You don't know loony until you have to call the police to stop a woman from tazing her husband repeatedly or call the Police because a man is walking around the parking lot stripping. I suspect Doomsday will be interesting for me indeed.

#42 Posted by JediXMan (30902 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Agent9149 said:

Don't lie.

Screw that. I'd be holding my sword yelling "Come on!" against a horde of zombies.

#43 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure hope not, I gotta work that day PLUS I have quite the family centered event to get to on Friday so mass hysteria just isn't going to work for me that day.

#44 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Give an excuse to get crazy, and people will gladly accept that ish.....you have a right to be scared

#45 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5778 posts) - - Show Bio

Me and my wifey plan on f!@king and smoking that day, so either way i'm good.

#46 Posted by WillPayton (9548 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Let me start off by saying I don't believe in one itsy bit about this "end of the world" crap next Friday. And I am pretty sure that after this day, Rolland Emmerich's 2012 will become one of the greatest comedies ever. But in the other hand, I am afraid of what other people are thinking. Some are taking this "prophecy" very seriously, to the point I heard some are planning suicide for real, even if the world doesn't end they claim that "they are already finished with this world anyway". Also, do you think there will be riots and mass hysteria in some places in December 21?

There's nothing to worry about. No end of world, no rioting, in fact probably nothing noteworthy will happen on Friday. There really isnt even a Mayan prophecy that the world will end, that's just bullshit from people who dont have a clue. The Mayan calendar just turns over, like ours does every December 31st.

#47 Posted by _Zombie_ (10454 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll still be inside, vegetating. Won't be any different from any other friday.

#48 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

I predict a massive baby-boom nine months from the 21st.

#49 Posted by _Zombie_ (10454 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

And it will be so fun screwing with those kids..

#50 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Zombie_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

And it will be so fun screwing with those kids..

heh