Almost Human the next Firefly or Dollhouse?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I have been loving Almost Human so far. It's basically a cop drama but with these great scifi elements thrown in. But what really bothers me is that it's on Fox who has a history of cancelling great shows like Dollhouse and Firefly and I'm really getting a strong feeling that this show won't make it past season 2. Anyone else feeling like that?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By danhimself

so either no one is watching Almost Human or no one else feels that it's going to get cancelled prematurely...I'm hoping for the second

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I saw the pilot

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

sorry dude, not even Karl Urban can get me to watch another cop show.

the concept is beyond warn out.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think it's pretty cool. Reminds me of Robocop a little.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think it's pretty cool. Reminds me of Robocop a little.

Just not as bad ass

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I have yet to watch either of these 3 shows.

(+)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have yet to watch either of these 3 shows.

(+)

I never really got into Firefly...I've tried watching it a few times and I can see the appeal I just don't think it's as good as everyone made it out to be...I really liked Dollhouse though

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@danhimself: I've seen every episode so far. It's a great show it's just on the wrong network. The show isn't lasting past a second season though because fox never knows what it wants (seriously that timeslot is always a death trap for anything that isn't a reality show). They'll probably kill it in two seasons and rush the ending so that the finale is barely comprehendable. We've seen this done before but at least we can enjoy it while it lasts.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danhimself

@dngn4774: hopefully it doesn't end on a cliffhanger like Alphas

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By dngn4774

@danhimself: Scifi channel lost me a long time ago. Only thing I still watch on there is Face Off and the Twilight Zone marathons on holidays.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like it so far is part Robocop part Ghost in the Shell both leads work well together. I'm hoping that it will get a few seasons plus if Fox needs to cancel anything its The Following that has to be the dumbest show on tv how stupid they make the special task force.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Commander_Kane

I really wanted to like this show. But I'm afraid I just don't. I laughed at a few things here and there but I wasn't impressed with much else. That pretty much sums up every show on fox for me for the past few years..

I give it maybe 3 or 4 seasons, tops.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been loving Almost Human so far. It's basically a cop drama but with these great scifi elements thrown in. But what really bothers me is that it's on Fox who has a history of cancelling great shows like Dollhouse and Firefly and I'm really getting a strong feeling that this show won't make it past season 2. Anyone else feeling like that?

For me the show's strength is its two male leads, whose only support in the cast seem to be Mackenzie Crook's character. Outside that the cast is a bit dry / cliched into oblivion. But yeah, the show's still fun for me any family to tune into every other week.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd have to look into the active viewership to maybe get a better idea.

Stevens61310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to think I was the only one that watched and enjoyed Dollhouse. Now I find out there were at least a couple more. As for Firefly--one of my favorites of all time and with almost endless possibilities. It's sad that we lost that show after less than one season but ignorance in the form of American Idol can go on for years.

Almost everyone I know is watching Almost Human. Which is something I couldn't say about Firefly or Dollhouse

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Almost Human will be better then both FF and Dollhouse.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wanted to watch Almost Human, but didn't get to record it... So now I'm really behind.