Posted by megamoses10 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you rather go through an alien invasion like independence day where the aliens just blow the shit out of everything or would you rather go through a zombie apocalypse like 28 days later where the zombies are super fast and strong. which one would you rather experience?

#1 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombie Apocalypse. (Basic knowledge in my opinion)

Aliens capable of killing millions in minutes, with high tech far above our understanding > Mindless, simple humans who infect people via biting, injection, exposure, sexual contact, etc.

Zombies are outclassed here. Regular humans with fair intellect and earth weaponry could barely take out the Aliens. What are mindless humans with low intelligence and simple biting and scratching as their main offense going to do against Aliens? Zombies are also easier to survive than Zombies. (at least you can kill the Zombies. Without tanks and heavy weaponry you cannot kill any of the Aliens)

Countless times in Alien movies they have killed millions and Earth barely survived/prevailed. In Zombie Movies a single person can hold off a couple hundred Zombies alone, with mediocre weaponry. (simple rifles, pistols, chainsaws, etc.)

Rocket Launchers and tanks were needed to take down about one Alien in War of the Worlds. In Independence Day it took hundreds of ships to take one major Alien ship. One of our ships could possibly solo thousands, if not millions of Zombies.

Aliens curbstomp 10/10.

Also, better survival in Zombie Apocalypse 10/10.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio

The infected eventually died off in 28 Days Later...so I would request that, after I survived, lanes would just open up on the highway, no lines, etc....life would be good.

I imagine Aliens would stick around

#3 Edited by The Stegman (24360 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I could survive a zombie attack...aliens, not so much 

Advanced alien death technology>>bunch of mindless, running guys

#4 Posted by TheCannon (18671 posts) - - Show Bio

How fast are the zombies?

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

There the ones from the movie 28 days later and they could run.

#6 Posted by TheCannon (18671 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@TheCannon said:

How fast though? I never saw 28 Day Later.

#7 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@TheCannon said:

I think that depends on who is infected,They probably ran as fast as they could before they were infected.So think about the average person and how fast they can run.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (18671 posts) - - Show Bio

Then I'll say the zombies.

#9 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Here maybe this Video will help:

#10 Posted by teamextrodinary15 (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like I would last longer with the Zombie Apocalypse

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombie Apocalypse. Already got my plans laid out.

#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not Alien Zombies?

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

Why not Alien Zombies?

Alien Zombies are actually not as effective as regular Aliens. Alien Zombies walk in a trancelike slow pattern, making them less dangerous. Regular aliens are usually agile and extremely fast. Zombies are fast but not agile. (some are slow and clumsy depending on zombie type)

#14 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies . . .

#15 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That's not exactly around the lines I was thinking of... That picture was referencing the Borg, which are basically a distinctive cross between alien invaders and zombies. Their only goal is to assimilate other living things and their technology into their collective, like zombies, but they're far more efficient since they can quickly adapt whenever a weakness is exposed too many times. They might not be as agile as regular aliens, but they can make up for their pace in their numbers, mortality rates, efficiency, etc.

#16 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That's not exactly around the lines I was thinking of... That picture was referencing the Borg, which are basically a distinctive cross between alien invaders and zombies. Their only goal is to assimilate other living things and their technology into their collective, like zombies, but they're far more efficient since they can quickly adapt whenever a weakness is exposed too many times. They might not be as agile as regular aliens, but they can make up for their pace in their numbers, mortality rates, efficiency, etc.

I see what you're driving at. I understand now. But regular Aliens should have a numbers advantage as well. (maybe not adaption)

#17 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: It all depends on the aliens I guess, and how concerned they are with taking over Earth. For all we might know reinforcements could take years to get to Earth, and we could just be dealing with a handful of scout ships trying to colonize a new planet or something... Or it could be far more serious than that; it could be a full scale invasion from some grotesquely advanced and evolved alien race that makes our global military look like spitballs in straws...

#18 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@TheCannon said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@TheCannon said:

I think that depends on who is infected,They probably ran as fast as they could before they were infected.So think about the average person and how fast they can run.

No, they ran faster because they didn't tire or feel pain of their limbs and therefore could/would push themselves harder than they probably normally could/would.

#19 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little torn here because aliens might have more weapons and intelligence, but if they could be REASONED with we might actually become good friends! I doubt I would have the same luck with savage, vigourous zombies!

#20 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation said:

I'm a little torn here because aliens might have more weapons and intelligence, but if they could be REASONED with we might actually become good friends! I doubt I would have the same luck with savage, vigourous zombies!

Just go up to them. Offer them another person's appendage and be like "unnnnnnnnnnghhh" while slobbering a little

You'll be friends like that.

#21 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

I would much rather have a zombie apocalypse. They would be far easier to deal with than something that is way smarter than you and vastly more advanced in technology.

#22 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies because I'm not getting anal probed

#23 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I would prefer zombies, but its like asking would rather get hit by a car or a semi, they both suck.

#24 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are forgetting one thing the zombies were caused by the aliens so were are screwed either way.