#1 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21063370

Mokhtar Belmokhtar is said to be behind the gas plant kidnapping

An Algerian military operation is under way at a gas facility in eastern Algeria where hostages are being held, the British Foreign Office says.

Algerian soldiers had been surrounding the facility near In Amenas that kidnappers occupied on Wednesday, after killing a Briton and an Algerian.

Media reports quoting militants said 34 hostages and at least 14 kidnappers had been killed in the operation.

Click link above to read on...

-

Something needs to be done about these fundamentalist Islamic groups...It is getting our of control fast. They want to keep the world in the stone age... Something seriously needs to be done, but what?...

Your views..

#2 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

We should get out of their country and leave them alone.

#3 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Like that has ever worked.

#4 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: Sure it does. We leave you alone, you leave us alone.

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Life is that simple.

#6 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: It is when we don't treat America as the only country in the world.

#7 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: I am not american, and 2 tell me how that "leaving" thing worked with the IRA.. 3 - America is not a country.

#8 Edited by FalconPuuunch (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Exactly.

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15: I am not american, and 2 tell me how that "leaving" thing worked with the IRA.. 3 - America is not a country.

What "leaving" thing with the NRA? You are comparing apples to oranges. Gun legislation in the US that is obviously mixed is not the same as policing the entire world. Also,

America IS a country. North America is a continent, United States of America which i'm sure Xanni was talking about is a country.

#9 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

Hey, man, other countries have to sort their own issues out. America did it themselves (mostly), where is it written that countries need to police others? Hasn't enough damage been done in that country by outside forces?

#10 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Pyrogram said:

Hey, man, other countries have to sort their own issues out. America did it themselves (mostly), where is it written that countries need to police others? Hasn't enough damage been done in that country by outside forces?

and that is relevant to? America is not even in Algeria, stop thinking the world revolvers around the USA, this is an international issue. And the US has probably the most issues out of the rest, dont turn this into a discussion about the US,

#12 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Pyrogram said:

and that is relevant to? America is not even in Algeria, stop thinking the world revolvers around the USA, this is an international issue. And the US has probably the most issues out of the rest, dont turn this into a discussion about the US,

America's the world's most powerful nation, whenever something goes wrong in the world this country is expected to do something about it. Need food or money, ask the US. Need military support, ask the US (aka the world's most powerful military by far). Unless you think Australia or somewhere in South America is going to send troops/aid/money? I'm just curious what other country you think is willing to butt in.

#13 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Xanni15 said:

Exactly.

@Pyrogram said:

What "leaving" thing with the NRA? You are comparing apples to oranges. Gun legislation in the US that is obviously mixed is not the same as policing the entire world. Also,

America IS a country. North America is a continent, United States of America which i'm sure Xanni was talking about is a country.

WTF has this got to do with your gun laws? @Xanni15 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15 said:

America's the world's most powerful nation, whenever something goes wrong in the world this country is expected to do something about it. Need food or money, ask the US. Need military support, ask the US (aka the world's most powerful military by far). Unless you think Australia or somewhere in South America is going to send troops/aid/money? I'm just curious what other country you think is willing to butt in.

Again, wtf has america got to do with this? Did I even mention america? I see why your country is so broken, you think the world revolves around you. Read the article, British and french are sending aid, ignorant american as usual. Getting involved when saying I do not want to get involved.

#14 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Xanni15 said:

Exactly.

@Pyrogram said:

WTF has this got to do with your gun laws? @Xanni15 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15 said:

Again, wtf has america got to do with this? Did I even mention america? I see why your country is so broken, you think the world revolves around you. Read the article, British and french are sending aid, ignorant american as usual. Getting involved when saying I do not want to get involved.

Did you read what I posted? What other country is going to do something besides the US? The French and British can do whatever they want to, they'll never be able to end anything. You don't have to mention the US, no one ever does, they just slightly hint or nudge. It's like "Oh, our country is in deep trouble, who will ever come to help us?" Believe me, America knows the routine.

ROFL@ broken, ignorant, and self centered. Keep piling on the insults, you're clearly the mature one.

#15 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (30606 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: lol he is calling people ignorant even though he said America is not a country.

#16 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: It is not lmfao

#17 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Tell me again why this turns into US again? Please tell me how you did not want the US to get involved but brought them into the conversation without a reason. " The French and British can do whatever they want to, they'll never be able to end anything." Wtf? Your failed country has been around for 200 years and already nearly bankrupt and gone, Are you not nearly defaulting soon anyways? Stop being a normal american bighead with a superiority complex.

#18 Posted by Edamame (29364 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard about this as well. France is getting heavily involved in this region as well, especially in Mali.

#19 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

Er... The IRA's goal was the unification of Northern Ireland with the rest of the island. Britain most certainly didn't leave Northern Ireland, so... What?

#20 Posted by Edamame (29364 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the Irish Republican Army officially no longer exist?

#21 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Xanni15: lol he is calling people ignorant even though he said America is not a country.

ROFL, he's raging.

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15: Tell me again why this turns into US again? Please tell me how you did not want the US to get involved but brought them into the conversation without a reason. " The French and British can do whatever they want to, they'll never be able to end anything." Wtf? Your failed country has been around for 200 years and already nearly bankrupt and gone, Are you not nearly defaulting soon anyways? Stop being a normal american bighead with a superiority complex.

Did you read what I posted or did you just see "America's the greatest ever"?

Because the US is the top super power in the world, they essentially police the entire planet. They don't have to be asked to get involved, they do it anyways. You asked how we could stop terrorists, I told you that leaving their country and them alone is the answer. You obviously didn't like that and then brought in the IRA.

LMAO, ur mad. Bankrupt and defaulting? LOL Keep slingin' insults.

#22 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: They do, but less so.

#23 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Britain had troops in Ireland.

#24 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

I'm not sure if they officially don't exists, but they ended all violent campaigns against the British in 2005 and pledged to only pursue their cause through politics and non violent means.

#25 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Do you watch the news? The US is in danger recently of defaulting on the debt.. Do not even know your own country, stop hassling everybody elses. Again, why did you bring the US into this topic? America police the planet? Your arrogance is astounding.

#26 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Pyrogram said:

Er... The IRA's goal was the unification of Northern Ireland with the rest of the island. Britain most certainly didn't leave Northern Ireland, so... What?

America's not a country so your entire post is invalid. LOL

#27 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@AtPhantom: Britain had troops in Ireland.

They still do...

#28 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Not like before though. It is a different purpose.

#29 Posted by Aronmorales (9724 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh the two-sided coin here...

One side: They're left to their own devices, western influence is kept to a minimum, but people are left to suffer under cruel oppression.

Other side: The western world comes in, soldiers die fighting a conflict that's been waging for decades, progress...?

#30 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Pyrogram said:

If that statement made sense I would clap. Was that to me or him?... I am still loling when you say the US polices the world.

#31 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15: Do you watch the news? The US is in danger recently of defaulting on the debt.. Do not even know your own country, stop hassling everybody elses. Again, why did you bring the US into this topic? America police the planet? Your arrogance is astounding.

Do you believe every single thing you hear on the news? Is it all that simple? lol

I've already answered your question multiple times, are you hoping for a different answer?

America does police the planet, you can disagree with it all you want to but it's still fact.

My arrogance can't ever surpass your immaturity.

#32 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Edamame said:

I'm not sure if they officially don't exists, but they ended all violent campaigns against the British in 2005 and pledged to only pursue their cause through politics and non violent means.

They recently blew up a car on a police officer.

#33 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15 said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Pyrogram said:

If that statement made sense I would clap. Was that to me or him?... I am still loling when you say the US polices the world.

You're so angry that you can't even see I was replying to him. lol

#34 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: No, it went into my inbox.. So I only assumed.

#35 Posted by Edamame (29364 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

I see. Unfortunately, Northern Ireland still has some of that Catholic vs. Protestant conflict going on.

#36 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Pyrogram said:

Do you believe every single thing you hear on the news? Is it all that simple? lol

I've already answered your question multiple times, are you hoping for a different answer?

America does police the planet, you can disagree with it all you want to but it's still fact.

Tell me again how the US polices the planet. Oh by droning Pakistan.

#37 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15: No, it went into my inbox.. So I only assumed.

Because HE replied to you.

ggr@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Pyrogram said:

I've already told, if you want to keep believing every single thing you hear on the news, go right ahead.

#38 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: If you want to stay arrogant go right ahead. Pull your head out your ass, The US does not police the world, heck, you cannot even stop shootings weekly in your own damn country!

#39 Posted by Edamame (29364 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

Well, America has military bases in at least thirty nations around the world, and all of these recent military conflicts (Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.) were all initiated due to America's desire for resources (oil in Iraq and Libya, heroin and opium in Afghanistan, etc.). The argument that Iraq had "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was obviously a lie, and it is similar to how the Nazis said that the Polish "stole German territory" before World War II erupted. So, that is basically all about lies and ... Fascist brainwashing. Also, NATO could certainly be seen as a form of American domination over the world as America is obviously NATO's leader. Some of the people in South Korea, Japan and Germany complain about the U.S. military presence in their respective countries because they see it as a form of U.S. control and domination.

#40 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: The UK has many bases in other countries ..And do you even know why NATO was set up lol The US does not police the world, far from it. You need to get involved in EVERYBODY else business. Britain tried that and took over 1/3rd of the world, yer, it does not last long. The US has 20 years before it collapses..Your debt is going to be your downfall. Quickly. Your going to default in the next month anyways if you cannot sort your problems out, start watching your national news.

#41 Posted by Alyssabird (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

This is total garbage logic. What's to stop them from achieving some form of nuclear power in the distant future? They need to be kept an eye on.

#42 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: True especially in places like Iran. But as others say "The US" is the world police so its your duty to do it, not for your countries protection, its your duty.. LMFAO

#43 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many american arrogant's on this thread, back to topic or leave.

#44 Posted by Edamame (29364 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

And do you even know why NATO was set up lol

1. "To keep the Germans down, the Russians out and the Americans in."

2. And, of course, to compete with the Warsaw Pact. lol

@Pyrogram said:

@Edamame: The UK has many bases in other countries ..

Sure. lol That can also be seen as a form of British imperialism.

@Pyrogram said:

The US had 20 years before it collapses..Your debt is going to be your downfall. Quickly.

Nah. Those are all imaginary numbers. It doesn't really mean much.

#45 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15: If you want to stay arrogant go right ahead. Pull your head out your ass, The US does not police the world, heck, you cannot even stop shootings weekly in your own damn country!

ROFL, keep going. I'd rather be arrogant than ignorant.

#46 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Edamame: The UK has many bases in other countries ..And do you even know why NATO was set up lol The US does not police the world, far from it. You need to get involved in EVERYBODY else business. Britain tried that and took over 1/3rd of the world, yer, it does not last long. The US has 20 years before it collapses..Your debt is going to be your downfall. Quickly. Your going to default in the next month anyways if you cannot sort your problems out, start watching your national news.

The US controls NATO, they don't act unless the US says so.

#47 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Unlucky that your both. Back on topic or flagging, I cba for this. Go back to your gun's or something.

#48 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

@Xanni15 said:

This is total garbage logic. What's to stop them from achieving some form of nuclear power in the distant future? They need to be kept an eye on.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to have nuclear power? Who decides which countries can and can't? Is that civil?

If you don't give someone a reason to hate you, they most likely won't. However if you do give them a reason to hate you, well, you're in deep.

#49 Posted by mikethekiller (8573 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: Where might you be from?

#50 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Xanni15: Unlucky that your both. Back on topic or flagging, I cba for this. Go back to your gun's or something.

Would you mind flagging it? I'm sure all of those petty insults will be nice to see. I've been on topic the entire time, you're just name calling. But by all means, flag away.

You mention guns, I never have.