• 89 results
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alcohol consumption has, historically, gone up when the State has attempted to hinder that very consumption. It only serves to fuel an untraceable, unquantifiable, and unnecessarily violent trade.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By consolemaster001

@omgomgwtfwtf: lol get caught drinking in saudi arabia and you get 80 lashes lol

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zain_
Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Amaranth

Your body your choice.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Well that sucks.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Amaranth

@pyrogram: 'It' doesn't effect other people. YOU effect other people. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: Well if you have kids and you are an avid drinker, the drink effects the kids. Breaking it down to "it" and "you" does not matter, the consequences are the same.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: You are responsible for your own behavior with your kids. You are responsible for how much you drink, when you drink it, and what you do while drunk.

You have moral agency. You can't pass the buck to inanimate objects.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: Well, that's like saying let's legalize heroin as its just an object. Yes its the persons choice, but the government has a responsibility to make sure the populace are as safe as possible, I disagree with this though but still...the argument can be made both ways. Also its meaningless as a Muslim state should not even drink lol So....wtf? I don't think the governments should "forbid" drinking, but I don't think they should ignore it completely.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Amaranth

@pyrogram: I don't believe its any of the governments business if you want to ruin your life with heroin. Government exists to protect you from other people, not yourself. It ain't your mommy ;-)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: Let's not over simplify, Me becoming addicted to heroin will effect more than me. What about my family? Friends? How will I get that money to fund my addiction? Crime, and the victim of the crime suffers. And I suffer, It's more complicated than ruin YOUR life. It affects more than he user. That is why the government has an obligation to ban such substances.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Those are all choices YOU make. YOU chose to take heroin. YOU chose to commit crimes. YOU chose to ruin your families life. That's on you, that's your choice. You can't pass the buck to heroin or the government. Its you.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: So you let the victims suffer because I cannot take responsibility? That is not logical.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I'm not sure what you're talking about. You have responsibility regardless if weather or not you accept that responsibility. Moral agency is yours.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: I'm sorry I must have misunderstood. I mean, You are not wrong the moral BS is all on the drug taker, but does the government allow other people to suffer using the excuse that its on the taker? And allow victims to suffer. Just because you have accepted that responsibility, does not mean the victims are any better.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By laflux

@pyrogram said:

@jj62 said:

I think it's wrong to deny people their basic human rights. Adults (not kids, mind you) should be allowed to drink whatever they want as long as it doesn't directly harm yourself or those around you. But, some folks abuse it, and alcohol can indirectly hurt people. Which is why drunk drivers and the like are penalized for not taking responsibility for their actions. Which makes sense...Drinking too much and hurting people through it should be penalized. Drinking in itself, shouldn't. I don't drink, but I don't think it's right to tell people what they are allowed to eat and drink.

Then again, I'm not Turkish. And I don't have a firm grip on what the culture there is like.

Drinking beer is a human right? 0-0

It is, haven't you heard :P.

Don't deny yourself of your human rights. You may make yourself look foolish and thank God for the not remembering a thing but DONT DENY YOUR HUMAN RIGHTS!!!!!!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Pyrogram
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Some of the comparisions people are making to alcohol here are quite ridiculous. Yeah fast food, smoking and a billion other things can kill you, but I don't see a cheeseburger causing you to drive intoxicated and mow down pedestrians, or get into fights over things a sober you would brush off. Alcohol is a different kind of demon, it makes you do things you normally wouldn't do, say things you normally would'nt say and make decisions you will probably later regret. It turns perfectly normal and sane people into drunken Neanderthals and makes you not want to be around them. And I know the main argument is 'Oh it's fine if you drink responsibly" Drinking responsibly is an oxymoron because the very act of drinking is irresponsible due to the effects it can have on your body and mind. Prohibition was a good idea in my mind, people were just too stupid to see it and rebelled against it. To me alcohol is just as bad as the illegal drugs out there.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@the_stegman: I agree with most of what you said,but to say alcohol is no better then illegal Narcotics is false,I have seen the effects they have on folks.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Boooooooooooooooooo....... Some more.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: 98% percent of the population is muslim and 85% of them do not consume alcohol. Soooooo why is alcohol legal in the first place ?

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow did someone post something about my country?! And besides my country is no way a secular country. According to our ''dear'' prime minister Erdogan, in order to be a decent citizen, you must be a religious person. I don't give a damn about alcohol laws in my country getting more tight, since I don't consume alcohol.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Ridiculous. I hope the EU is paying attention -- hopefully this country never gets to become a part of it.

Cars kill -- additives in your food kill -- hey -- let's ban sugar as well since obesity is the sole reason the next generation of children have an expected lower life expectancy. If anyone claims this has nothing to do with Islam - they are lying. So much for being "fiercely" secular.

Who said anything about my country being a secular one :D Our ''sultan'' Tayyip the First explicitly stated that a person cannot be Muslim and also a secular person at the same time. Besides why would the EU pay attention anyway? My country has always been a joke to them since the very first day Turkey was founded.

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001: Lashing somebody 80 times is not exactly giving somebody their right to not get tortured.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001: Baba tarafı sanırım Bitlis'ten geliyor. Ama oranın yerlileri mi yoksa oraya göç mü etmişler tam bilmiyorum. Anne tarafı Kırıkkale'den geliyor. Senin memleket neresi?

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: You should be sorry. Disagreeing with me, what's wrong with you?!

Because we're talking about moral agency here. The 'government' is actually a group of people. And none of those people are responsible for the bad choices of someone hundreds of miles away. Secondly the law abiding citizens, who must bear the cost of enforcement and imprisonment, are not responsible for the bad choices of drug addicts.

There's no reason they should have to pay more taxes just to hold thousands and thousands of drug users in prison for decades.

The drug user is the one that is making the mistake. THEY should pay the cost, not society.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amaranth_strix: Shutit! I'll start stabbing soon and take no responsibility :p

Fair enough, fair enough but how should the drug user be made to pay if taking drugs is not illegal?

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Why make him pay at all? I mean if you do heroin for ten years you're ALREADY paying lol.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gwahlur_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great...there go my vacation plans!

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram:

Turkey isn't a Muslim state -- officially, anyway.

@lykopis said:

Ridiculous. I hope the EU is paying attention -- hopefully this country never gets to become a part of it.

Cars kill -- additives in your food kill -- hey -- let's ban sugar as well since obesity is the sole reason the next generation of children have an expected lower life expectancy. If anyone claims this has nothing to do with Islam - they are lying. So much for being "fiercely" secular.

Who said anything about my country being a secular one :D Our ''sultan'' Tayyip the First explicitly stated that a person cannot be Muslim and also a secular person at the same time. Besides why would the EU pay attention anyway? My country has always been a joke to them since the very first day Turkey was founded.

EU wasn't around when Turkey was founded, but I understand what you mean. And it's Turkey who is in pursuit of joining the EU - it's supposed secularism is crucial to that being possible, including other deficiencies in terms of gender equality etc. So yes, the EU would pay attention when a country who claims its government is secular begins instilling laws which are clearly religious based.

Frankly, a country in which the majority of its people doesn't drink makes this restriction senseless. It's one thing to do this in response to growing concerns of alcohol abuse, but there isn't any. This is purely to accommodate your Prime Minister's Islamic leanings. Slippery slope there.

@pyrogram: 98% percent of the population is muslim and 85% of them do not consume alcohol. Soooooo why is alcohol legal in the first place ?

You are of the mind your country should follow sharia law, entirely?

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadly Bombings in Turkey More Evidence Terror Has Come Home

http://time.com/4360053/istanbul-terror-bombing-beyazit-district/

@aiden_cross: I disagree. Drinking not only severely damages the human body but also can lead to: murder, rape, domestic abuse and vehicular slaughter.

Are you friggin insane? It sounds like you are defending a bunch of uncivilized hoodrats, trailer trash and just typical scum....these people would blame their violence on something else if they didn't have drink, they would blame it on pills or weird smokes or blame it on video games or movies or society or da' police or some other bullshit

Also drinking in moderation, like say the French, one glass of wine with a meal, it has proven benefits to your health

alcohol has temporary positive impact on our mood, it gives people a happy truthful buzz and later becomes a lasting depressant, slowing the person down, it has varying mental effects but taken in moderation isn't going to kill someone

some people behave civilized others uncivilized...an alcohol drink just brings their behavior out more