Alan Moore calls on major religions to clean up their act.

• 132 results
Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: I'm not sure where you stand anymore, are you just mad at Moore?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By rev_sulphur

@penderor said:

@rev_sulphur said:

@penderor said:

@rev_sulphur: Ok, he wont eat you, but only kill you. Happy, that your lucky body can root?

Can root O_o yeah okay. Education is a great thing.

Or....your body would do something else?

Now you are making even less sense. How is that even a question.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sc:

Stories the cover delicate subject matters and H.P Lovecraft. I'll look into those stories that you pointed out. I was also looking for stories by other comic book writers, also.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, like any of the Major Religions are gonna listen to Alan Moore. Most of these Major Religions have been dealing in Corruption and Lies for centuries now... they aint changing sh!t. I mean Religion is Big Business, hell if I was still a heathen like in my younger days, I would still be preaching in churches and trying to make some extra money off of those stories in the Bible. I mean all you really have to do is sing and shout and get the crowd rowdy over a sermon... who cares if they actually understand the message.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rev_sulphur: I dont really have mood to explain it if you didnt understand that. It was all about that french provoked muslims, muslims bited them. Dot.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@rev_sulphur: I dont really have mood to explain it if you didnt understand that. It was all about that french provoked muslims, muslims bited them. Dot.

What........................the..................................hell...........................are...........................you...................talking...............................about.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Your English isn't good enough to speak in metaphors just say what you mean.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are preaching to the choir, Alan.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Penderor

@rev_sulphur: My english is enough for making metaphors, but you are either stupid or dont know english.

I am saying that french cant be suprised he got shot when he is making fun about Allah in public, in Islamic country (France).

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@penderor said:

@rev_sulphur: My english is enough for making metaphors, but you are either stupid or dont know english.

I am saying that french cant be suprised he got shot when he is making fun about Allah in public, in Islamic country (France).

French isn't an Islamic country.

BB

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

I am only going to tell you this once so consider this a warning. You make personal insults about me again and I will report you to the admins. Understand ?

1. No your English is no good enough, proven again by your comment.
2. I know English very well.
3. Of course they can be surprised millions of people make fun of imaginary and real people everyday and don't get shot.
4. France is not an Islamic country.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@penderor said:

No Caption Provided

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: Okay, so just multi-country now. It will be soon domain of Allah.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Penderor

@penderor said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I checked it was white american Christians police officers doing the killings.I'm certainly not worried about Islam where I'm at.I'm more afraid of these gun toting thugs tat cal themselves police officers.Ppl with dark skin don't worry me..Keep it fresh Alan..

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, good luck Alan. 2000+ years of religious douche baggery isn't going to be cleaned in mere years. I'm not sure if even 100 years is enough to 'clean' the act of major religions. They're too invested with their earthly power & influence.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why are people mixing Extremists with civil Muslims? Is it the Atheists' fault that an Atheist guy kills another guy? Is the entire black race guilty because one guy murdered someone? Is everyone that's from Korea guilty because of Kim Jong-Un (excuse me if I wrote his name wrong)? Is every German bad because of Hitler? Is every police officers bad because some of them are? Is every soldier in the army bad because some of them kills when unneccecary? Kind of a bad thing to generalize, specially when that only leads up to bad stereotypes.

The world is corrupt, things like these happens all the time. I'm trying to learn to just ignore it all. It's not something we can prevent when the people doing so has been doing for a long time, and has established said recources. I mean, come on, dude. Stop with the BS that the army is saving people and 'defending' their country when they steal oil. I know there are many honest and great soldiers, but these things gets ignored all the time.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremism is extremism. You don't have to be religious to be an extremist. Alan sounds like only extremely religious people are guilty of doing horribly bad things. Maybe he should take a look at what atheists in North Korea, China and Cuba have done to their own people. Not all evil is done in the name of god, sometimes its done in the name of government too.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Major religions? He's right, it DOESN'T have anything to do with Christianity and Judaism, because those people don't do stuff like this. Even Westboro Baptist doesn't, and if they did, Christians would be right alongside everyone else criticizing them. Here's the thing though; Westboro is a very small fringe group, radical Muslims aren't. We need to stop acting like they are. If Moore and the rest of the left had any real testicular fortitude, they would call it like it is, not indicting people who had nothing to do with it in the name of EQUALITY!!!!

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

Major religions? He's right, it DOESN'T have anything to do with Christianity and Judaism, because those people don't do stuff like this. Even Westboro Baptist doesn't, and if they did, Christians would be right alongside everyone else criticizing them. Here's the thing though; Westboro is a very small fringe group, radical Muslims aren't. We need to stop acting like they are. If Moore and the rest of the left had any real testicular fortitude, they would call it like it is, not indicting people who had nothing to do with it in the name of EQUALITY!!!!

Great points. That's apart of what people like Alan Moore are doing; the issue is not exactly homogeneous throughout monotheism. And, yeah, look into places like Stalin's Russia, North Korea, occurrences in China, and Japan that do not have a thing to do with monotheism.

TheFallen_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Religious Radicals almost as much as I do radical Atheist. Both have flaw views.

Religion believes in a conscious higher power that made us as Slaves, and whatever we do is a sin, wrong, and must beg for forgiveness. Where this Higher power come from? No one can answer that.

Atheist believe there is nothing.Yet that itself is a contradiction as their is something, its called existence. Some atheist believe that there is no Energy in the universe, even though same a holes believe in the science Energy cannot be destroyed, only changed. Where did this energy or matter came from? Well their best guess is it magically appeared.

Is that really anymore believable? Or a factual answer? Both sides have their idiots. Hell I read a science article how Gravity is not real, its all Thermodynamics and Gravity was just a wrong theory we been using trying to understand things.

Its all ****ing stupid.

Loading Video...

4 respectable scientist and two journalist (not sure why they are there) cannot agree at all on what existed before the Universe, and all have wild theories. Why is Religion any less better understanding anything?

Right now I kind of believe in the Force. It works for me. Atheist and die hard religious fanatics can both shut the hell up.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefallen_1: I've thought the same thing too a few times: There was the big bang which spawned the universe as we know it, yes? It's a scientifically proven fact.

Now we get to interesting parts; what set the implosion and where did all that matter come from to form the "blob" which then imploded as the Big bang and if it was of solid matter what was outside surrounding this 'blob of matter'? The great nothingness?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

@thefallen_1: I've thought the same thing too a few times: There was the big bang which spawned the universe as we know it, yes? It's a scientifically proven fact.

Now we get to interesting parts; what set the implosion and where did all that matter come from to form the "blob" which then imploded as the Big bang and if it was of solid matter what was outside surrounding this 'blob of matter'? The great nothingness?

It always seems to me that we can believe that an ever existing intelligence ordered the universe or we can believe that an ever existing universe has always existed with natural laws and this unintelligent universe gradually became more and more complicated. It seems to make more sense to me that order came from intelligence rather than by random chance especially considering the complexities of even extremely small things such as atoms or single cell amoebas, but either way, you still choose to believe that something ever existing made order out of disorder.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: You have a point there; even in science it all starts with "I believe" before you start proving your hypothesis into theory and eventually as a fact.

Because if you don't believe in your own hypothesis, no else will just like being a prophet of a new religion. Both require the leap of faith and enough followers.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy who does "magic" and worships a snake?

right...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#130  Edited By _Zombie_

Moore's a belligerent nut, but he'd be right about Christianity. Islam doesn't have anything to clean up. They regularly denounce the actions of terrorists like this. Also, speaking as an atheist, we ain't innocent either. Atheists championed GamerGate.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By dshipp17

I hate Religious Radicals almost as much as I do radical Atheist. Both have flaw views.

Religion believes in a conscious higher power that made us as Slaves, and whatever we do is a sin, wrong, and must beg for forgiveness. Where this Higher power come from? No one can answer that.

Atheist believe there is nothing.Yet that itself is a contradiction as their is something, its called existence. Some atheist believe that there is no Energy in the universe, even though same a holes believe in the science Energy cannot be destroyed, only changed. Where did this energy or matter came from? Well their best guess is it magically appeared.

Is that really anymore believable? Or a factual answer? Both sides have their idiots. Hell I read a science article how Gravity is not real, its all Thermodynamics and Gravity was just a wrong theory we been using trying to understand things.

Its all ****ing stupid.

Loading Video...

4 respectable scientist and two journalist (not sure why they are there) cannot agree at all on what existed before the Universe, and all have wild theories. Why is Religion any less better understanding anything?

Right now I kind of believe in the Force. It works for me. Atheist and die hard religious fanatics can both shut the hell up.

I saw that video; the problem is that everyone present are all but atheists; that's why I never mentioned it; I was posting videos in the religion thread at the time that I saw this video. Christianity does not hold the view that you describe about God.

TheFallen_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By TheFallen_1

@dshipp17 said:

I saw that video; the problem is that everyone present are all but atheists; that's why I never mentioned it; I was posting videos in the religion thread at the time that I saw this video. Christianity does not hold the view that you describe about God.

Actually they do. Getting my daughter baptize tomorrow morning, had to see a Pastor at Denny's today to talk about commitment to god, what is sin, yadda yadda yadda.

While he may not meant how he described it, thats how it feels to me. Humans are flawed and broken, his words, and only God can make us awesome. You cannot earn it, you have to obey god, the church, and accept it.

Sounds like slavery to me.

Anyway, I been to several churches of Lutheran, Catholic, Presbyterian, and I think once Baptist church of some kind, and its all different in views to one another in some small or major ways.

God is however the heck you want to view it, there is no solid Christian faith man :/